crysis 2 did they ever fix server

demonviper666

I'm in Crysis 2 multiplayer now after I was invited by friend that could get in normally. Nobody is there but me and my other accounts. I couldn't even join my friend at first as it still freeze but I accepted invite again on another PS3 and it worked. My internet connection is a normal NAT Type  2 on most PS3s. My other account Best_PC_gamer is a NAT Type 1 while it's currently on my one PS3 that's a NAT Type 1 connection. I have not tried VPN connection. I tried proxy server before but it made it where I couldn't connect with the playstation network. I'm in the USA using a high speed internet provider named Comcast. It's best to have a bad connection to connect with the multiplayer. I think the mycrysis.com website connection with this game is missing things up because as soon as that website disappeared and expired in 2014, I think that's when the multiplayer connection problem began for players.

Here's the reason why mycrysis.com website was pulled:  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-05-crytek-pulls-websites-after-suspicious-activity-detected Though website records show that the website expired in 2014 so that's when it completely disappeared. The website was part of the game and part of the multiplayer log in process. I think it's just lazy for Crytek or EA to not redo the website to make the multiplayer function properly again.

• Like 1

i'll be at work for the next 10 hours but I have enough players to always start games. Leveling up is very fast in public match capture the relay if enemies just do nothing but stand next to enemy while enemy purposely drops idle then picks it up at original place of pick up. I think the hardest trophy or challenge in game is killing 5 enemies in rapid succession. If you want to be invited, send my other account a friend request. It's Best_PC_gamer .

IT_BURNS_LOL, Can you ask to your friend what is the PS3 and internet configuration? Whats his/her country, etc. Today, maybe tomorrow, I'll try the VPN.. I tried a public VPN to connect, but no success..In public VPN, I can't log on at my psn, the conection gets down. I googled and find "a way" to correct this...maybe works,and I will be able to connect to my psn with an Australian IP for example, and finally tries to connect Crysis multiplayer.

I have some friends who are trying to connect and wants to do all online trophies, If you still connecting to multiplayer, we can define an day and hour to make a boost..

If it is of interest to you, Can I send an invitation to your Best_PC_gamer PSN??

Thanks in advice.

I'm going to be on 24/7 when I start until I get all multiplayer trophies for 3 accounts. I'm going to try and connect all my accounts at once to make sure I don't have invite connecting problems which does happen at first. No need to schedule a time and wait. I have enough PS3s to start games anytime. As far as my friend's connection, he has NAT Type 2 with proxy and mac address limitations. I believe his internet won't even attempt to connect to mycrysis.com missing website so he can connect to the multiplayer linked to mycrysis.com. . You just need any internet set up that blocks a website like mycrysis.com because if you don't, then Crysis 2 will attempt to retrieve your stats from that missing website and freeze up. It takes idiots running the show at Crytek and EA to create this multiplayer connecting disaster but it will take geniuses like you or me to work around it. 

IT_BURNS_LOL, makes sense what you said. So I'll try to block on my router, the mycrysis.com. And try the VPN. Your main account to try multiplayer is Best_PC_gamer? We need to create a private chat at skype, it's more fast to speak. Can you give me your skype ID? If possible, we create a chat group with your friends who also triyng to play, the same for me.

Sorry guys, it doesn't seem to work. I blocked both the mycrysis.com and crysis.com websites from modem/router settings and it still freezes. I guess it has something to do with hiding your own player account info with a proxy server. BTW someone that can get into multiplayer, PLEASE send me a friend request and invite. I have enough players waiting to get in there all day today. Just need one little invite. 

Sorry guys, it doesn't seem to work. I blocked both the mycrysis.com and crysis.com websites from modem/router settings and it still freezes. I guess it has something to do with hiding your own player account info with a proxy server. BTW someone that can get into multiplayer, PLEASE send me a friend request and invite. I have enough players waiting to get in there all day today. Just need one little invite. 

I tried getting you to invite me last night! Saw you were playing it and I was like OMG HUNNY NOT NOW, MAD MEN CAN WAIT.

If anybody wants to be invited to the multiplayer, I'll set it up today 12-31-2015. Just send friend request or contact my other account USA_Super_Weapon. Also, if anybody is stuck on certain multiplayer trophies, I can help as I got all earnible trophies done recently and know what works and what doesn't work.

I'll shoot you a friend request!

The whole day unless a friend takes me along to see a movie. That would only be a 2 1/2 to 3 hour void in time.

Cheers for the reply, I have had no chance at getting on as I've had people over all day. Oh well maybe next year if the servers still even work -__-

Would you mind if I still sent a friend request so that I can get access to the MP?

Edited by black__bunny

Cheers for the reply, I have had no chance at getting on as I've had people over all day. Oh well maybe next year if the servers still even work -__-

Would you mind if I still sent a friend request so that I can get access to the MP?

Once you get on, add as many people as you can see online. Then all you need to do is view their profile and join their game.

I know for a fact that having a strict nat 3 connection will let you get on. The only probably is I've tried a million different things and the only thing I can use to make my connection Nat 3 is tethering from my phone. Then when I do get on I can't find a match. I'm also scared if I do find a match it's just gonna rip through my data. If anybody knows of a way to make your conmection Nat 3 please let me know. I've tried turing off uPnP, totally locked down all my router settings and even tried hooking two routers together. Nothing.

Hi everyone. I can go into the online game normally, if you want to.boost with me, please add my psn: dingo911. The only problem is that my time zone is gmt +12, Auckland New Zealand, I can be online everyday around 10pm.

Very Nice! I added u.

If someone would boost too, so add me

PSN ID: Bilal_Ibrahim

So I just read through this thread and I can tell you for sure that the mycrysis website has nothing to do with this issue. 

1. The website didnt have anything to do with your stats. It was only a forum.

2. The website was shut down a long time before this freezing issue appeared.

3. Crysis 3 was also linked with mycrysis but still runs fine.

4. The BF Bad Company Servers had similar issues at the same time ( and have been fixed by EA ). So its definitly a problem with the EA servers.

Good luck to everyone, who is still going for these trophies. You will need it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...