Thoughts on Dragon Age Origins

swainey97

I'm thinking about starting Dragon Age Origins during next week half term

i was wondering what your opinions are of the game, is it worth me putting my time into it because i don't really have a lot of time to play video games now, should i play this or a different game

also how are the trophy for this game, do you get most of them from just playing or is there a lot of grinding to get the platinum.  

Edited by swainey97

You get most of the trophies by just playing the game. You will have to play it at least three times though... I loved it, but never got around to finishing up after my ps3 had an YLOD and I lost my savegame... Skip Dragon Age II by the way.

• Like 1

This game will engross you like a true rpg should... You'll get lost in the great story, the elaborate building of your character (not like DA2 which took away all your freedom to please the mass market grrr...) and the quirky but great voice acting of your fellow adventurers...

But be warned, 6 hours will have gone by in a heartbeat, so you need time to enjoy it to its fullest...

DO NOT MISS THIS GAME! It really is a gem in the rpg genre & in the last generation games...

It's a great game and you can get the Ultimate Edition pretty cheap these days. This in itself negates a lot of the grind. You only need to play the game through once technically. Just have a save outside major decision areas and replay it for the other trophy. DLC quests give you a lvl 20 char if you make it fresh, and something you can use to reset your points, and you can easily get the lvl 20 trophies for classes you didn't use that way. I played it several times on PC and again on PS3, coz I love me some Dragon Age!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've tried on six separate occasions to get through this game and I've never been able to get more than half way through. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what my problem is with the game, it just can't hold my interest for some reason. The only thing I've pinpointed is the combat which to me feels unexciting and boring. It has good writing and decent characters and as an RPG overall it succeeds. I can see why people love this game so much but for whatever reason I just don't enjoy this game.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried on six separate occasions to get through this game and I've never been able to get more than half way through. I haven't been able to figure out exactly what my problem is with the game, it just can't hold my interest for some reason. The only thing I've pinpointed is the combat which to me feels unexciting and boring. It has good writing and decent characters and as an RPG overall it succeeds. I can see why people love this game so much but for whatever reason I just don't enjoy this game.

It makes sense. I really got into this game in 2009 or so when it came out. But when I tried to create a character for input into DA2, I just couldn't be bothered. It feels incredibly dated now.

Edited by starcrunch061

I just started Origins again - a dalish warrior with a 2h sword. Nice to play it again so many years after I completed it on my 360. This time I've got the ultimate edition as well, so there are loads of new content for me to try.

I really like Origins for its atmosphere and story. The combat is not the most fun, not on consoles anyway, but I really do like the various stories the game has to offer. Not to mention the cast; they did a really good job writing these characters. Some of the awkward conversations you'll end up with if you choose the right constellation of characters are hilarious, like when Alistair calls Wynne grandmotherly.

This game is a great game, but it's better the more you invest in it. If you take your time searching the areas properly talking to the characters you meat, and taking the time to talk to your party every now and again, you will have a much better time than if you play through only doing what you must. But it will also be much more time consuming, for your party members are a talkative bunch.

• 3 months later...

When i first played this game i didnt like it, i tried different  characters(dwarf,human,magi) but still didnt like it. After two months i started this game again and...i fell in love with this game lol. No, really story is amazing, characters are really awesome (they all have awesome background story) nothing seems repetive. For me its one of the best games out there :)

Edited by Xgamersurvivor

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...