an ending to remember

I loved this game I really enjoyed the ending to this, I hope when there is a borderlands 3 they take some of the plot from this to it too this was the best of taletell so far. if you beaten this game what do you think of the game? will you buy the tales from the borderlands 2 if there is one? let me know.

edit: song at the end

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 2

But wait, I didn't understand the ending... Where they go?

The final shot cheapened the ending a bit by having a cliffhanger, I would've preferred it to just fade to black as they opened the chest or something. The vault is 'the vault of the traveller' so it seems only natural that they'd get teleported somewhere. Hopefully we'll find out where if Telltale ever does a Season 2. I really hope there is a Season 2, some people have speculated that Rhys and Fiona will be vault hunters in Borderlands 3, but I'd much prefer they appear in another story driven game instead.

It might just be my favorite TT game. I mean I was more emotionally invested in The Walking Dead but I found Borderlands more enjoyable to play. It was just fun! Fiona was hands down my favorite character. I would love for her to be in Borderlands 3!

Well I don't know if I would say this was an ending to remember, it was alright I guess. I didn't see anything really special in it to be fair. But none the less, this is the best Telltale game to date. I had fun throughout, every episode having it's special moment, really funny and fun. Hope they make more. And I never played Borderlands before, so it makes me wanna play it.

• Like 1

The ending was pretty good, but if it ended a few minutes earlier I'd probably have preferred it.

Okay, so I picked this game up on sale early January and played each episode as they came out (or a day or two after they came out) and they were always fun. But the bigger thing the game did than being good on it's own was it finally got me to start up Borderlands 2. I still haven't bothered with Borderlands 1 yet, but Borderlands 2 I sunk a fair few hours into on Vita before I got rid of my Vita, I still have it over there and bust it out every now and then for the PS TV. It's not as great of a game as everyone would have you believe but it's a solid game in a presumably solid franchise. I've got number 1 digitally from Plus years ago, (and number 2 as well on PS3) and I'll probably pickup the handsome collection when it gets to a really sexy price.

Anyway, some reviewer for Tales said that it wasn't a good jumping in point for new Borderlands people, ie, don't play this and then play the first games, well fuck that guy, because I did it and it was great. As far as copying the Borderlands art style and whatnot (which isn't super original anyway but whatever) Telltale nailed it, this looks like Borderlands, it feels like Borderlands, and short of busting out a shotgun and going berzerk, you could make a good case that this is Borderlands, which I'm sure was the goal.

Anyway, go get the series. When I grabbed it, it was around 17 bucks and I also used that 10% voucher thing we got for when the PSN was down over Christmas last year, so I probably got it for around 15 or something ridiculous at that time, well worth it. Looking forward to buying the PS3 version on disc, playing through the thing again, and then returning it because free platinums are the best platinums.

The ending was pretty good, but if it ended a few minutes earlier I'd probably have preferred it.

Okay, so I picked this game up on sale early January and played each episode as they came out (or a day or two after they came out) and they were always fun. But the bigger thing the game did than being good on it's own was it finally got me to start up Borderlands 2. I still haven't bothered with Borderlands 1 yet, but Borderlands 2 I sunk a fair few hours into on Vita before I got rid of my Vita, I still have it over there and bust it out every now and then for the PS TV. It's not as great of a game as everyone would have you believe but it's a solid game in a presumably solid franchise. I've got number 1 digitally from Plus years ago, (and number 2 as well on PS3) and I'll probably pickup the handsome collection when it gets to a really sexy price.

Anyway, some reviewer for Tales said that it wasn't a good jumping in point for new Borderlands people, ie, don't play this and then play the first games, well fuck that guy, because I did it and it was great. As far as copying the Borderlands art style and whatnot (which isn't super original anyway but whatever) Telltale nailed it, this looks like Borderlands, it feels like Borderlands, and short of busting out a shotgun and going berzerk, you could make a good case that this is Borderlands, which I'm sure was the goal.

Anyway, go get the series. When I grabbed it, it was around 17 bucks and I also used that 10% voucher thing we got for when the PSN was down over Christmas last year, so I probably got it for around 15 or something ridiculous at that time, well worth it. Looking forward to buying the PS3 version on disc, playing through the thing again, and then returning it because free platinums are the best platinums.

Thanks Super-Fly Spider-Guy. I'm now sure to buy the games. My local store has a Borderlands bundle for 15€. And what makes it funny is the fact that they sell the games separately, 15€ each  :lol: Anyways, 15€ for the bundle is a total steal since both games are around 45€ on the PS store.

My only question, have the games the same humour as Tales from the Borderlands? Or is that just unique to the Tales?

Thanks Super-Fly Spider-Guy. I'm now sure to buy the games. My local store has a Borderlands bundle for 15€. And what makes it funny is the fact that they sell the games separately, 15€ each  :lol: Anyways, 15€ for the bundle is a total steal since both games are around 45€ on the PS store.

My only question, have the games the same humour as Tales from the Borderlands? Or is that just unique to the Tales?

Yeah man, I love my over the top funny shooters, I'd put Borderlands proudly in line with the likes of Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior. Tales, with it being a lot more of a dialogue driven game, has more funny lines obviously, but the pacing of Borderlands 2 and it's delivery is just superb. You'll be doing your standard shooty shooty bang bang mission and there'll be a bandit who'll run at you screaming about wanting to eat your face or calling you mommy or any other silly comment, then there's the actual dialogue stuff and not random encounters which are always fun. Claptrap I can't even look at without smiling for example. Everyone in this game has a personality of their very own and everyone in this game is sure to make you laugh at least a few times, whether you're laughing with them or at them. But where Tales is reliant on it's humour and story, Borderlands 2 never falls back on it, it's a competent shooter in every sense and has a decent levelling up tree and all that stuff you'd expect from a full AAA game, which is fine, but the presentation, the style, the humour, that's what makes it a somewhat unique game in today's world. 

In short, the whole Borderlands universe is a fun and humourous place to be, Tales is a bit more heavily focused on the dialogue as you'd expect, but Borderlands 2 squeezes in every joke it can without it being intrusive or invasive to the main story.

• Like 1

Yeah man, I love my over the top funny shooters, I'd put Borderlands proudly in line with the likes of Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior. Tales, with it being a lot more of a dialogue driven game, has more funny lines obviously, but the pacing of Borderlands 2 and it's delivery is just superb. You'll be doing your standard shooty shooty bang bang mission and there'll be a bandit who'll run at you screaming about wanting to eat your face or calling you mommy or any other silly comment, then there's the actual dialogue stuff and not random encounters which are always fun. Claptrap I can't even look at without smiling for example. Everyone in this game has a personality of their very own and everyone in this game is sure to make you laugh at least a few times, whether you're laughing with them or at them. But where Tales is reliant on it's humour and story, Borderlands 2 never falls back on it, it's a competent shooter in every sense and has a decent levelling up tree and all that stuff you'd expect from a full AAA game, which is fine, but the presentation, the style, the humour, that's what makes it a somewhat unique game in today's world. 

In short, the whole Borderlands universe is a fun and humourous place to be, Tales is a bit more heavily focused on the dialogue as you'd expect, but Borderlands 2 squeezes in every joke it can without it being intrusive or invasive to the main story.

Wow, you really sold me on the game. Nice work dude, thanks! :D Borderlands do seem like a fun world to play in. It kinda reminds me of the Mad Max world actually. Makes me excited for the Borderlands movie they're making as well :P

Wow, you really sold me on the game. Nice work dude, thanks! :D Borderlands do seem like a fun world to play in. It kinda reminds me of the Mad Max world actually. Makes me excited for the Borderlands movie they're making as well :P

I did not know that was happening, I quick Google and I found out you're not dicking with me. I don't know how to feel about this. 

Actually, I think I'll go with the usual "This movie could suck but it's only 6 bucks to see it on Sunday night at the local cinema so screw it, I'll give it a chance anyway"

I did not know that was happening, I quick Google and I found out you're not dicking with me. I don't know how to feel about this. 

Actually, I think I'll go with the usual "This movie could suck but it's only 6 bucks to see it on Sunday night at the local cinema so screw it, I'll give it a chance anyway"

Well, maybe some day soon, video game films will start becoming good or at the very least, fun. Like Mortal Kombat was or like Ratchet & Clank might be. We'll see, but I bet there will come a day when someone figures out how to actually make a good video game film :D Especially since video games are becoming more and more popular.

Well, maybe some day soon, video game films will start becoming good or at the very least, fun. Like Mortal Kombat was or like Ratchet & Clank might be. We'll see, but I bet there will come a day when someone figures out how to actually make a good video game film :D Especially since video games are becoming more and more popular.

Call me a sucker, but I actually like the idea of a game becoming a movie usually. Even when I know it will probably suck, I love the familiarity and drawing in of bigger audiences. 

Uncharted, which never seems to want to get off the ground, I've looked forward to for years.

The Sly Cooper movie has me almost as excited as the announcement of Sly 5 would.

Postal, is a ridiculously stupid, over the top, balls to the wall hilarious movie that I feel was very true to the games, maybe the second one mostly.

Silent Hill, while kind of shitting over the games, scared the balls out of my 9 year old self, and so on.

I just don't know how well Borderlands would work as a movie. I enjoyed the Telltale story, but there wasn't really that much filler in there so crushing that down to movie size wouldn't really be an option. I don't know what would be the best option and somehow I feel they'd pick the wrong one with this series. If they did something like the game, and just told the story of the adventures of a few likable characters going after a vault and the stuff that happens along the way, which is what I'd hope they'd do, then I'd be cool with it. 

Also the old MK movie (and it's sequel if you like that, I'm eh on it) is the balls. If you're gonna go that route, you may as well go full speed.

#ThreadDerail

• 1 year later...
On 2015-10-23 at 10:49 AM, QuinlanLJ said:

Well I don't know if I would say this was an ending to remember, it was alright I guess. I didn't see anything really special in it to be fair. But none the less, this is the best Telltale game to date. I had fun throughout, every episode having it's special moment, really funny and fun. Hope they make more. And I never played Borderlands before, so it makes me wanna play it.

Yeah... I think this was an OK game overall. The storyline was shifting from being quite good to being a little bit frivolous. I think it's not anything much compares to high quality movies. Any successfull movie like Shashank Redemption, Godfather, Batman, American Psycho, Titanic or even Metropolis are more memorable than this game. I don't say the game was bad because it isn't. But there are way better games out there like Destiny, Hitman and Zelda just to name a few. But IT IS ALSO a fact that movies, music and games are subjective matter to each indivual... not an objective matter. So that's just my personal taste. Alright... Everybody likes different.

This was more fun to play than Season 1 of TWD, but that one I was definitely more invested in. The soundtrack to this game though was the most badass and hands down thee best soundtrack EVER in a video game I've played. I'd buy up a Season 2 immediately.

Also, with this addition to the Borderlands universe, the timeline is as follows:
Borderlands

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (Gameplay portion)

Borderlands 2

Tales From the Borderlands

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (Cutscene portion)

An argument can be made that Episodes 4 and 5 of Tales can be placed after the Cutscene portion of TPS, since 5 happens quite awhile after the overall events of the previous 4 episodes, and Athena gets taken away by Brick and Mordecai in the 3rd episode to be interrogated in Sanctuary during the Cutscenes of TPS.

17 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

This was more fun to play than Season 1 of TWD, but that one I was definitely more invested in. The soundtrack to this game though was the most badass and hands down thee best soundtrack EVER in a video game I've played. I'd buy up a Season 2 immediately.

Also, with this addition to the Borderlands universe, the timeline is as follows:
Borderlands

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (Gameplay portion)

Borderlands 2

Tales From the Borderlands

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (Cutscene portion)

An argument can be made that Episodes 4 and 5 of Tales can be placed after the Cutscene portion of TPS, since 5 happens quite awhile after the overall events of the previous 4 episodes, and Athena gets taken away by Brick and Mordecai in the 3rd episode to be interrogated in Sanctuary during the Cutscenes of TPS.

I have to agree on the soundtrack. It was really good.... It was better than many, if not most of the gaming soundtracks I heard. In-game I was actually thinking about buying it... If it's available as a CD or lossless downloads anywhere.

Edited by A-Rebirth