NHL 2015/16 Season Discussion

MarsipanRumpan

Hey guys, since the NHL Season just started we need to start a discussion for all the Hockey fans! (And so I can brag about my Habs, lol)

So this year is looking really intresting, with amazing teams like Detroit having a new coach and not so amazing teams like Leafs (Sorry, eh!) Having a new coach.

Since I follow Montreal and have been the last couple of years, its amazing to see them of to such a start. I mean 7-0-0 with 2 shutouts against teams like Rangers and Blues. It looks like the Habs has became a new team, with amazing team effort from all the lines. And ofcourse we have Price too.

So talk about your teams and about the NHL season in general all the way to the end buddies!

#GoHabsGo

• Like 2

My Flyers currently sit at 2-2-1. The one embarassing thing was the 7-1 drubbing they recieved against Florida in their 2nd game. But it's look better since then. They got 2 straight shutouts against Florida and then against Chicago. But they just came back to play the Stars after a 5 day layoff and looked rusty. I'm not expecting much from them this year. The defense is atrocious because of horrid contracts our former GM signed certain players to. #Flyered Up

Edited by xKrAzY_8sx
  • Like 1

Sabres fan here, I'm hoping we do a lot better this season and Eichel has a fantastic rookie season and scores lots of goals :D

P.s poor Blue Jackets are now 0-7-0

Yeah wow whats going on with Blue Jackets? :(

By the way, we're facing eachother on the 23rd, so good luck to your team, its going to be a fun match, lets see if you can break Habs winning streak ;)

So guys, what is going on with Columbus? Their team is pretty good, atleast their offence and they are fuckin 0-8..

Their goaltending has been awful this season.  Through the first seven games, Sergei Bobrovsky sported an .840 save percentage and Curtis McElhinney had something around .885.  Those are so far below "NHL average" that it's ridiculous, but it's also the explanation for the lousy record.

Columbus is good "on paper".  And they probably convinced/conned an awful lot of people with their finish last season.  But that's why they play the games.

So guys, what is going on with Columbus? Their team is pretty good, atleast their offence and they are fuckin 0-8..

Habs is playing against Maple Leafs and I really don't want to lose the streak against them lol, but its a really intresting match for sure.

It just seems like everyone on that team has collectively hit a slump. More so the defense and goaltending. 

Man oh man. What a good hockey game tonight against the Rangers! The Flyers always seems to have trouble with them and this game was no exception as it went to the oh-so-dreaded shootout. Yet somehow, someway the Flyers managed to come away with that important extra point.

Side note: Scary moment for Micheal Raffl. Seemed ok after he got hit, but then collapsed on the bench and had to be helped to the locker room. Reports came out that he was alert in the locker room and talking with teammates after the game. Which makes me wonder. All these reports of former NHL players suing the league for negligence in terms of player safety, makes you wonder if they really have a point. In the last two games alone, 3 Flyers players have been hit in the head (intentional or not) and i'm sure more of the same is going around. When will the NHL step up and take head hits seriously like the NFL has the last few years?

Edited by xKrAzY_8sx

• 2 weeks later...

An NHL discussion thread! Come on guys, we need to get this a little more active!

I'm a huge New York Rangers fan, have been for a good 12 years now. Been to about a dozen games at Madison Square Garden as well as a few at the Nassau Colliseum whenever they played the Islanders.

Edited by TVDex252

So what is everyone's opinion on the latest talk of that nets should be bigger size?

I personally am not a fan of that but I'll take it over the alternative of calling a much tighter game to increase the number of power plays awarded to each team. Feel like that would slow down the game too much with an increase in stoppages. Decreasing the size of the goalie pads may also be worth checking out.

They should implement some of these things into the AHL next season and see how it works out for them.

So what is everyone's opinion on the latest talk of that nets should be bigger size?

Call the rulebook the way it's written.  And do something about the goaltenders whose equipment makes them resemble the Michelin Man.  Increasing the size of the nets should be the last resort because it fundamentally changes the game in too many ways.

And quite frankly, it ain't broken now.  Anyone remember how exciting last year's playoffs were with the exact same situation as we have now, save perhaps the referees being more lenient when it comes to officiating?  This whole thing strikes me as a perception that more "casual" fans need to be brought aboard, not that they're likely to stay fans for very long.

• 2 weeks later...

Sabres fan here, I'm hoping we do a lot better this season and Eichel has a fantastic rookie season and scores lots of goals :D

P.s poor Blue Jackets are now 0-7-0

Another Sabres fan?  In Australia??  Yay!

They haven't looked very good these last few games... but I'm surprisingly optimistic still.  Part of it has been horrendous luck (a lot of posts) and bad goaltending (which I expected going into the season).  As a whole, the team has been outplaying their opposition even if they aren't coming out with W's, which is so refreshing after years of getting kicked around.

I've grown the biggest man crush on Ryan O'Reilly.  :wub:  Dude's a player, beast mode all game long.

Edited by FrecLognAizeW

• 4 months later...

What does everyone think about the playoffs? Detroit fan here, what Abdelkader did at the end of game 2 was dirty and cheap as hell. He should've let off,  thankfully in game 3 he took no penalties and played a smarter game. The Boyle chicken dance was pretty funny, but Abby could've got suspended if he fought him with the tape on his hand so he did the smart thing. 

Edited by X18JELLO18X

I live in the EU so I haven't really been able to watch the games. I've pretty much just checked the results every morning and some news but I've mostly missed the "playoff drama." Hopefully I could catch a couple of day games during the weekends.

I am rooting for the Penguins and really hoping they would knock out the Rangers today. c: Really happy that my second favorite team Sharks defeated the Kings. And if the Pens and Sharks get eliminated at some point, I hope success for Dallas, Florida teams and St. Louis.