Tales from the Borderlands Review

Saltyie

Best Tell Tale game to date imho. Borderlands was sucha  wonderful choice for a TellTale crossover. An awesome world with great characters and atmosphere and style but that you necessarily have to tack on 80 hours worth of FPS-RPG action so it can classify as AAA game. I remember the Bioshock guy speaking of this problem when making Biockshos Infinite. Speaking of which, how awesome would a TellTale Bioshock game be? Well maybe that's not really necessary but it's an interesting idea.

My only dissapointment with Tales from the Borderlands (and it was palpable) :

No Tiny Tina :(

Saltyie, is there any place I can quickly see all your reviews? Altought a blog would suffice, I would rather have a thread here on PSN just like an index. Just wondering, I like your reviews a lot.

My first fan! I'll remember you when I hit it big ;)

I have thought about making a cheeky little hub for my reviews but I only have 3 at the moment so it isn't really warranted (I've linked the other two below for now though!). Maybe when I get a few more under my belt I'll make a dedicated section.

Mad Max Review

Alien Isolation Review

By the way, thanks everyone for the comments! 

You gave the game a 9/10.

Beyondthegrave07 will remember that.

Really though I think it would've been a 10/10 if it didn't have the same old bugs that Telltale refuse to iron out for some reason, and the pacing can be a bit funny in the first half.

Great review! I found a lot of the choices weren't meaningful though, and a lot of what would be meaningful choices just lead to the same result when done differently...still a good story though, I had a lot of fun with it.

Thanks for the comment assistant! I think the choices were as meaningful as possible without cutting the episode's running length in half

Picking the squad at the end was a nice reminder of all the choices you made for instance

. The problem with Telltale is they hate having to make an ending that doesn't have a cliffhanger, so multiple endings based on choices is out of the question right now, maybe things will be different with Game of Thrones Ep.6. :)

Looking forward to playing this. I didnt like the Borderlands games because I thought the gameplay was dead boring. I always thought the humor was good so I think this release will be more suitable for me.

I've seen so many comments online going along the lines of "I hate Borderlands, but LOVE Tales from the Borderlands!" I hope you'll add to the list when you're done! 

Decent review but you missed the boat choosing the best song from the game:

The licensed music in each episode was an awesome touch that really made some of the best scenes in the game, but I wanted to highlight the underrated OST that is usually drowned out by characters speaking and such.  

Edited by Saltyie

Thanks for the comment assistant! I think the choices were as meaningful as possible without cutting the episode's running length in half

Picking the squad at the end was a nice reminder of all the choices you made for instance

. The problem with Telltale is they hate having to make an ending that doesn't have a cliffhanger, so multiple endings based on choices is out of the question right now, maybe things will be different with Game of Thrones Ep.6. :)

Yeah the squad moment at the end was probably my favourite moment of the series, as it was one of the times were choice definitely amounted to something. It's just things like, for example, the first fight with the Traveler can't be altered in any way. I had to replay it because my game froze and I did drastically different choices with absolutely no consequence

I liked your review! My favorite Telltale game tied with The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 1.

Looking forward to playing this. I didnt like the Borderlands games because I thought the gameplay was dead boring. I always thought the humor was good so I think this release will be more suitable for me.

Same here! I played only Borderlands 1 and taught it was clunky and boring but I loved Tales so maybe you will as well!

My first fan! I'll remember you when I hit it big ;)

I have thought about making a cheeky little hub for my reviews but I only have 3 at the moment so it isn't really warranted (I've linked the other two below for now though!). Maybe when I get a few more under my belt I'll make a dedicated section, I've been writing up a review for Metal Gear Solid V for about a week but it's hard to get it detailed yet succinct enough to not drag on. I'll also definitely do one for Assassin's Creed Syndicate sometime next week.

Mad Max Review

Alien Isolation Review

By the way, thanks everyone for the comments! 

The lack of a Rhys x Fiona option definitely took a whole point off for me. ;)

Really though I think it would've been a 10/10 if it didn't have the same old bugs that Telltale refuse to iron out for some reason, and the pacing can be a bit funny in the first half.

I've seen so many comments online going along the lines of "I hate Borderlands, but LOVE Tales from the Borderlands!" I hope you'll add to the list when you're done! 

The licensed music in each episode was an awesome touch that really made some of the best scenes in the game, but I wanted to highlight the underrated OST that is usually drowned out by characters speaking and such.  

I haven't played this one yet, but I plan to pick it up sooner or later.

From the sound of it, it seems like this is your favorite Telltale game?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...