Platinum Rain - PSNP GameGuides Sorted By Completion Time

Just a quick usage statistic  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the answer that fits your usage of this sorted list of guides best.

• I am using this list regularly
    • I have used it at least once in the past three months
    • I used it in the past (> three months) but not anymore
    • I never used this list and stumbled upon this poll randomly

The Walking Dead Season 2 should be moved to <10 Hours. That guide is just for one episode, not the full season. The full season would take around 9-10 hours. 

Either that, or change the reference to the amount of trophies and points to what is actually contained in that single episode.

Nice list though! Looks like you put some serious effort in here. 

• Like 1

The Walking Dead Season 2 should be moved to <10 Hours. That guide is just for one episode, not the full season. The full season would take around 9-10 hours. 

Either that, or change the reference to the amount of trophies and points to what is actually contained in that single episode.

Nice list though! Looks like you put some serious effort in here. 

oh, indeed. didn't notice that, thanks!

i just edited it to the bottom of the "<10h" list. guess that's an OK amount of time for the whole thing. ;)

Nice list. Possible suggestion: Add a :platinum: after each game with a platinum, to quickly search for platinum games (also useful for the platinum rain)

yeah i also thought of that, but i would have to re-check every entry for that. perhaps the next time i update the list! ;)

i basically included the trophy count and points for that. if it has >= 1000 points, it should have a platinum too. (one of the few exceptions to this rule would be the walking dead season 2, for example) ;)

You should remove Playstation Home from the list. The servers are down so no trophies are obtainable. But thanks for doing all of this, it'll be real handy.

oh, good to know. but it should be removed (or at least flagged) in the guide section then, as already suggested of course: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31116-can-we-get-a-tag-marking-if-game-servers-are-up-or-100-is-unattainable/;)

but i'll remove it, thanks!

How Kingdom Hearts Final Mix is a 130 hour platinum is beyond me. It should really be marked at 80 hours tops. Took me around 70.

Plus Terraria is mixed bag. It can be 200 hours at a 7/10 but that's if you do it all solo. Would take 10 hours at a 3/10 if you know someone with worlds and items required for the long grindy trophies.

HOLY SHIT! I didn't even open the spoilers, but I can easily see how much effort this required. Won't be using the thread, I guess, since I find easier to just use the guides tab, but dropped my like to support your effort.

By the way, is this a community event? Looks like more a PSN thread to me.

Would take 6 hours at a 1/10 if you know someone with worlds and items

fixed

HOLY SHIT! I didn't even open the spoilers, but I can easily see how much effort this required. Won't be using the thread, I guess, since I find easier to just use the guides tab, but dropped my like to support your effort.

fixed

I agree with the time and difficulty. Only gave it the 3 and 10 hours cause the last slime I needed didn't wanna spawn and a 1 would be if you truely did nothing and let the second player do all the work.

How Kingdom Hearts Final Mix is a 130 hour platinum is beyond me. It should really be marked at 80 hours tops. Took me around 70.

Plus Terraria is mixed bag. It can be 200 hours at a 7/10 but that's if you do it all solo. Would take 10 hours at a 3/10 if you know someone with worlds and items required for the long grindy trophies.

i knew that this discussion would come up and, don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely valid point of course.

but this would have to be directed towards the guide writers, i just present the data here ;)

but in games like terraria, as you mentioned, or minecraft too, it's really difficult to put it into a definitive number if it highly depends on "how you do it". so i guess the best course of action is indeed to aim for the higher number and/or the solo-approach, so that no one is surprised by that.

nobody complains if they were able to do it faster, but the other way around ... ?! :)

thanks and yeah, i wasn't sure where to put it. but this section states

Community Events, Contests & "We Plays"
Official PSNProfiles events/contests or just generally gaming related.

so i simply put it here.

if a mod has another opinion of that, please just move it to a more appropriate section!

my problem with the "PSN" section is, that it's grouped with the other platforms, so naturally i assume that this is about PSN games (digital only)! 

perhaps this site lacks a general "playstation/gaming/trophies" section? ;)

Edited by dernop

I agree with the time and difficulty. Only gave it the 3 and 10 hours cause the last slime I needed didn't wanna spawn and a 1 would be if you truely did nothing and let the second player do all the work.

I only gave it a 1/10 because you actually need to move back and forth to get all the grinding done (walk so many blocks, remove blocks, bs bs) and holding R to kill stuff, all the rest is effortless. IIRC you don't even need to see a boss for it to count for you as killed, so you can just afk for a while when you are waiting for the trophies to pop like a rain.

I still intend to carry someone through a fastest achiever eventually, but didn't find any candidates yet.

i knew that this discussion would come up and, don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely valid point of course.

but this would have to be directed towards the guide writers, i just present the data here ;)

but in games like terraria, as you mentioned, or minecraft too, it's really difficult to put it into a definitive number if it highly depends on "how you do it". so i guess the best course of action is indeed to aim for the higher number and/or the solo-approach, so that no one is surprised by that.

nobody complains if they were able to do it faster, but the other way around ... ?! :)

Fair point its better not to mislead anyone. Good job presenting the data tho. I'm sure users will find it helpful for quick plats.

I only gave it a 1/10 because you actually need to move back and forth to get all the grinding done (walk so many blocks, remove blocks, bs bs) and holding R to kill stuff, all the rest is effortless. IIRC you don't even need to see a boss for it to count for you as killed, so you can just afk for a while when you are waiting for the trophies to pop like a rain.

I still intend to carry someone through a fastest achiever eventually, but didn't find any candidates yet.

Only boss you need to land the finishing blow is on the Slime King for the slime trophy. But yeah can be mostly earned by leaving your console on. I'm sure there would be someone willing to do it for a free UR none the less.

This is awesome. Not the list, but the chance you just handed to me on a silver platter to screw with people. Because I just modified the completion time of one of my guides (or was it the difficulty, I forget) to throw your list off. Have fun figuring out which one. :P

Edited by damon8r351

This is awesome. However, I'd like to play a game: I just modified the completion time of one of my guides (or was it the difficulty, I forget) to throw your list off. Have fun figuring out which one. :P

hehe, yeah i think you already mentioned this "game" in the other thread about the game guides? ;)

but since the list is static for now, it's not really thrown off by that change. i would have to REindex (a full update) all guides for changes anyway.

did you really change something, tho? i just checked and i only found two guides (with time and difficulty) by you and the data is still the same for those (ff13-3 and strike suit zero).

i do not index supplement guides (collectibles or trophy specific) or dlc guides!

anyways, i do have to handle updates somehow and i'm not sure how i would go about that most efficiently. currently i'm hoping that the guide system has a feature for sorting by time/difficulty by then ;)

hehe, yeah i think you already mentioned this "game" in the other thread about the game guides? ;)

but since the list is static for now, it's not really thrown off by that change. i would have to REindex (a full update) all guides for changes anyway.

did you really change something, tho? i just checked and i only found two guides (with time and difficulty) by you and the data is still the same for those (ff13-3 and strike suit zero).

i do not index supplement guides (collectibles or trophy specific) or dlc guides!

anyways, i do have to handle updates somehow and i'm not sure how i would go about that most efficiently. currently i'm hoping that the guide system has a feature for sorting by time/difficulty by then ;)

When you do a major update, could you indicate which games were included in Plus (and possibly when)?? This may help people clear out their backlogs. Just recently I scanned through a couple Plus games to see which guides show less than 5 hours and was able to play some cool games and knock them off my backlog.

When you do a major update, could you indicate which games were included in Plus (and possibly when)?? This may help people clear out their backlogs. Just recently I scanned through a couple Plus games to see which guides show less than 5 hours and was able to play some cool games and knock them off my backlog.

i guess that would be too much, i'd have to get a list of all PS+ releases (plus the different regions!) to just begin with something like that.

i see that more in some kind of feature that has been discussed around here: "Flagging games as owned", where i also commented that i wrote a small greasemonkey userscript to customize PSNP on the client side.

the first feature i implemented was the ability to see the games you have completed (or are still in progress) in the general games list and on other peoples profiles, so you can quickly see if there is something cool you don't have or haven't completed yet.

it looks like this:

eB93GdY.png

this is the games list, sorted by difficulty and it highlights the games i have completed or plat'ed or which are in progress (yellow border at wastelands2) with my progression rate.

same works on other peoples profiles, like mentioned.

i'm planning to add a "mark as owned" feature to that as well, so you can easily make your own, PSNP backed, backlog. perhaps even with with different categories ("PS+", "Retail", "Digital", "JP AltAccount")... you get the point ;)

but my full time job and the trophy hunting are basically eating up my whole (free) time, so i don't know when i actually get to work on that. :(

edit: for US region you could compare it with this wiki list perhaps? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

oh and this also exists for PAL region (EU etc): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

Edited by dernop

Greetings fellow trophy-hunters,

similar to the "project platinum" thread over at ps3t.org and because i just talked about this feature in another thread around here, i thought i quickly hack together a sorted list of all currently available game guides here at PSNP as some kind of POC!

Perhaps this helps as some sort of inspiration when you're searching for a quick/easy platinum for the platinum rain event, or just in general.

I posted it in this section, because of the connection to the platinum rain even and because this is the only section which states "for general game stuff"...

Of course this would be better as a feature of the guide system, but then we can just close or delete this thread ;)

So here goes the list. It's more 'technical' and not really nicely formatted or anything. If someone has an idea to make it better, please do tell! 

Holy $#!te, that must've taken a lot of time :blink:. Very impressive though, will you be updating that list?

After creating a list like this, you're going to have to join the Platinum Rain Day event ;).

The estimated time is up to the guide writer though (unless it's way too disproportionate ;) ). 

Holy $#!te, that must've taken a lot of time :blink:. Very impressive though, will you be updating that list?

After creating a list like this, you're going to have to join the Platinum Rain Day event ;).

thanks and i will definitely try my best to update it at least once in a while! guess it would help if someone from the guide team would give me a "ping" if there are a bunch of cool new guides ;)

i already wrote a post in the platinum rain thread, because i will definitely join ;)

thanks and i will definitely try my best to update it at least once in a while! guess it would help if someone from the guide team would give me a "ping" if there are a bunch of cool new guides ;)

i already wrote a post in the platinum rain thread, because i will definitely join ;)

Yes that would be very helpful. I wonder where we can find someone like that :hmm:...

Oh you mean me? :P  Sure, I could do that.

Awesome :D. I also recommend to add the console version to the list when there are more guides for the same game. For example Dragon Age Inquisition has a guide for the PS3 and PS4 versions.

I haven't thoroughly looked through all of the guides, but I see that you have Deadman's Cross for the viuta on the list. You should remove that since they stopped vita support as of September 30, meaning you cannot get any trophies.

Edited by GarciaFever