Trophies disabled by Apprentice?

Evertonian

now that this game has been updated to 1.07 with the different difficulty settings I have started to try and beat the last two events on the bottom row

So I fired it up and then noticed that if you look in the inventory at the Apprentice card, it says something like Weaker Enemies, Less Bad Cards and also Some Achievements Disabled.

So I am wondering if that's just a badly worded description port from the Xbox version and that by playing on this lower difficulty I am actually still not going to be able to get the trophy for beating the dealer etc

I cant find this info anywhere so has anyone managed to get the original non dlc trophies to pop using Apprentice?

The dlc still not showing up on the UK store either which is odd (or at least I cannot locate it)

answering my own question here ;)

played endless game mode and none of the trophies that I did the requirements for popped

Had more than 10 rings, got more than 15 success cards etc and no joy

Am now trying again in the story mode.

The tokens you get from doing the specific card tasks have been awarded and I did get a trophy in story mode for beating the minotaur and demon trader.

Not sure therefore if its the apprentice difficulty or the endless mode which is stopping the other things popping

I saw a youtube video for getting invincible by having odd number of health and then the burden card halving it, but that does not seem to work for me now its at v1.07

Shame I did not see that video before the update :)

update 2 :ok beat the dealer last night finally on apprentice and the trophy did not pop so back to playing on default

And so back to default setting and now finally beaten the dealer!

That last part with the lizards was getting me everytime, but with about 10 HP left I finally did it

heh this is getting more like a diary entry than a forum post...apologies all round :)

Edited by Evertonian
  • Like 1

Haha, this game's trophies have been so strange. I mean, the requirements have varied so much from the description, and now they have messed it up by adding more trophies to the main game, so people got the platinum without all trophies of the main game. xD Not that you can earn all of those trophies from the main game alone....

The dlc still not showing up on the UK store either which is odd (or at least I cannot locate it)

Ok, so I mentioned on their steam forums that the DLC had not been released for PS4 in the EU region. 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266510/discussions/0/617329505855373063/#c496881136900955725

"Yeah, sorry about that, we forgot to set a price for it. We have now submitted the correct paperwork, and it will be fixed on the 18/11 :-/"

So it will be out in a week!  :)

:)

If anyone wonders about the new trophies and what is disabled etc.

I can confirm that Graduation, The Elder Lizard and Kraken Master can be unlocked while playing as the Apprentice.

I can also confirm that One with the Kraken can't be unlocked while playing as the Apprentice.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried these in Infinite Mode...Champion and Dragon Slayer, not popped.

You dont need beat Dealers, just doing the Apprentice new encounters cards (3) you will get it

"Graduation

Defeat the Dealer as the Apprentice."

Yeah, this has wrong description. I talked to the devs, and they noticed it got a wrong description.

What is annoying me the most is that they have yet to release the DLC in EU, but I don't think it's their problem alone. They said they wanted to release it, and they've tried, but I think they got some issues with Sony. hmm... I should try to inquire about it again.

What is annoying me the most is that they have yet to release the DLC in EU, but I don't think it's their problem alone. They said they wanted to release it, and they've tried, but I think they got some issues with Sony. hmm... I should try to inquire about it again.

I'm thinking about getting the game, I'm not really sure yet. But I did notice the DLC is finally available in Europe, if you didn't already know.

I'm thinking about getting the game, I'm not really sure yet. But I did notice the DLC is finally available in Europe, if you didn't already know.

Really? Then the DLC came out in the last couple of days! xD

If you wonder about the game. It's a fun game, but can be a bit annoying due to some luck elements. It does also require some skills, especially after the patch and the DLC. The hardest trophy by far is the defeat dealer as the warlord, because you need to really luck out and have some skills. The rest of the trophies are nowhere near as hard, but many require a bit of luck.

I really like the game, but yeah, the luck stuff for some few trophies are annoying.

Really? Then the DLC came out in the last couple of days! xD

If you wonder about the game. It's a fun game, but can be a bit annoying due to some luck elements. It does also require some skills, especially after the patch and the DLC. The hardest trophy by far is the defeat dealer as the warlord, because you need to really luck out and have some skills. The rest of the trophies are nowhere near as hard, but many require a bit of luck.

I really like the game, but yeah, the luck stuff for some few trophies are annoying.

I'm guessing it did, because I've checked it too a few times the past weeks because I wanted to know if I'd be able to get the game and the DLC in one go (which I probably will do).

I have followed the game for a bit here (and on Steam, etc.) and I have noticed people getting frustrated with changing requirements, the luck, etc. I am, however, a sucker for these kind of games and for all the 'bad' things I've heard about it, I've heard at least 2 good things in return. Thanks for the brief 'review' btw, I appreciate it :)

Edited by FFHannibal

I'm guessing it did, because I've checked it too a few times the past weeks because I wanted to know if I'd be able to get the game and the DLC in one go (which I probably will do).

I have followed the game for a bit here (and on Steam, etc.) and I have noticed people getting frustrated with changing requirements, the luck, etc. I am, however, a sucker for these kind of games and for all the 'bad' things I've heard about it, I've heard at least 2 good things in return. Thanks for the brief 'review' btw, I appreciate it :)

If you've seen some videos of the game, then you probably know what to expect from the game.

Basically:

You got cards, and you unlock more as you progress and complete certain cards criteria etc. Out of the cards you got, you must put together a deck with quest cards and a deck with weapon and armor cards. This makes it so you can choose most of what to expect from a "dungeon". Each "level" is the dealer adding different cards to your deck, maybe give you some curses etc and a boss. Out of this deck (yours + dealer), the dealer takes cards from it and places them face down in various different patterns. Your character is placed on the board, on top of a card, and you get to choose which neighboring card you want to go to next. This card is then flipped and you see what it is. It can be everything from an enemy encounter, to shop or some kind of quest or friendly encounter etc etc. Battles are done with a somewhat simple hack n slash battle system. Sometimes there are "chance encounters", where you get to see like 4 cards, each symbolizing an outcome. The outcomes can vary between "Huge Success", "Success", "Failure", "Huge Failure", where there can be more than one of them. The cards are turned, and swapped around a bit (possible to follow, especially if you watch replay of it lol), and then you can pick the outcome. You don't keep the stuff you find for the next adventure, you start from the beginning each time. Various different items and equipment that can greatly affect the outcome. There's also blessings (opposite of curse). There's gold and food too, where each step you make cost you one food, and once you run out of food, you start loosing health. But yeah, nothing carries over, you start from scratch each time. The only thing you unlock is new cards, and if you beat the boss, a new "level"/opponent. The game saves each turn, so you can quit the game if one turn doesn't turn out the way you want (before it saves ofc). Often when you get rewards, it will be a random card from the reward deck (dealer's deck), which if it is an item, will go through your weapon, armor and item deck.

But yeah, what encounters and equipment you get is all luck. Sometimes you need like several things to appear in order to unlock another card or trophy etc. This can be annoying. It's just replaying and replaying until you get everything you need in order.

• Like 1