Season Pass "Value"

Hey!

I got the game today and will start it shortly and I stumbled over the price for the SP, which is now a hefty 30€.

So will there be any value "for us" - in terms of an extra set of trophies e.g. for this Jack the Ripper Campaign?

The rest of extra weapons and extra missions is probably as meh as usual, right?

season passes are essentially publishers asking consumers to trust them that they'll provide quality content in the future and asking for the money up front before revealing said content. aka i personally never find them worth it, not around launch anyway. ubi always shows what the context of the content is early to try to entice you, but a handful of missions for that much never ended up being worth it in the past. 

Edited by slashvoid-13
  • Like 1

I would say: Dont buy it and wait.

In WatchDogs eg the Pass was 15€ but there was only one 7€ DLC with content. The rest of it just cosmetics. Dunno how you are seeing it, but I dont need cosmetics, so I picked the DLC instead of the Pass...

Or when you want the Pass, simply wait for it being in a sale.

Edited by Neputyunu

I agree, there will almost certainly be trophies in the DLC.

However, I'd wait until there's a discount. Ubisoft usually leaves its season passes up on the store even once all the content is released. Also, Ubisoft season passes usually goes on sale before all the DLC has even finished coming out. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

• 4 months later...

This was one of the only dlc passes that I bought (the other being driveclub), and at the time it cost me £24.99, which is pretty steep in my opinion. 

It simply is NOT worth it, as I'm writing this shortly after the last dlc has been released. All we got were a piss poor single mission set at night, extra stuff to adorn our players with (most of which was far inferior to stuff you could unlock in the course of the main story, the stand out and quite excellent Jack The Ripper dlc and lastly the Maharajah dlc which didn't even give any trophies. A poor season pass.I'd give it 5 out of 10 and that's only because of JTRipper. Maybe they should've just left it at Jack and charged us £8-£9 for the single add-on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing that Jack the Ripper is going to be the only DLC with trophies. If this is the case I would say the season pass is not good value, at least from a trophy hunters point of view. To be honest I can't see the value of paying £11.99 for 1 DLC pack, which is really p155ing me off as I want to get it. I'm waiting for it to go on sale, hopefully half price, but I don't know how long the wait will be, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...