EA Customer Service...

mittoucp

So... Ultimate Team...

Monday - I got emailed two security codes. I logged into the companion app and I was missing Sterling, Pique and Rakitic, three of my best players.

I immediately contacted EA saying I got hacked, they said they will get back to me ASAP - within 24 hours.

Tuesday - 30 hours later I contacted EA again asking them to solve it because they hadn't got back to me, they told me to wait another 24 hours.

Wednesday - still nothing so I phoned EA this time, getting transferred from person to person in an Indian call centre before I eventually got transferred to the in-game team. It was a shame they had no idea who Sterling, Pique or Rakitic were despite them being apart of the in-game team. After a long 30 minutes they finally told me that they wrote down my problem - at least how they interpreted it - and I should wait another 24 hours.

Thursday - I got an email that told me they found no evidence that I lost these players or even owned them so I called them again. They told me that the problem is being reviewed by the higher team and they were still oblivious to who either Sterling, Pique or Rakitic were. I was told to wait another 24 hours.

Friday - Today. I receive an email from EA claiming that I abused their system and tried to con them into giving me players I never had. I was told I breached the following terms and conditions:

• Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.

My EA account has been permanetely banned for this. I believe that the Indian call centre probably thought I confessed to hacking or something but... this is the result.

Ironic how they ended the email with:

We aim to keep everyone’s gaming experience safe, secure, and enjoyable.

This is what over £42 gets you with EA.

Edited by mittoucp

EA usually aren't THAT bad when it comes to customer support. At least not in my experience. I've had much worse experience with other companies, that is when it comes to support. It should be said I've made it a habit not to buy EA games, because I usually don't like 'em.

EA usually aren't THAT bad when it comes to customer support. At least not in my experience. I've had much worse experience with other companies, that is when it comes to support. It should be said I've made it a habit not to buy EA games, because I usually don't like 'em.

Ummm they were voted the worst customer service ACROSS ALL INDUSTRIES for at least two years in a row lol.

www.gamerant.com/electronic-arts-worst-company-america/

Ummm they were voted the worst customer service ACROSS ALL INDUSTRIES for at least two years in a row lol.

By a bunch of random people on the internet. That poll means nothing and was obviously just a bunch of angry fanboys trying to attack EA, since banks were on the list. Banks are waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than EA, since they basically take your money and gamble with it.

Zero problems with EA. The only time I've known anyone to have a problem with an EA product, EA fixed it in a matter of minutes. Funniest thing is it was a refund, which EA gladly gave.

Not so sure they were voted worst customer service, but rather company. I do think they are pretty terrible.

As I said, not usually buying their games. In fact, avoiding them as much as I can.

Edited by MMDE

It was a shame they had no idea who Sterling, Pique or Rakitic were despite them being apart of the in-game team...

They told me that the problem is being reviewed by the higher team and they were still oblivious to who either Sterling, Pique or Rakitic were...

They really know their games  :S

Yet another example of south park getting it right...

Says it all  :|

Wednesday - still nothing so I phoned EA this time, getting transferred from person to person in an Indian call centre before I eventually got transferred to the in-game team. It was a shame they had no idea who Sterling, Pique or Rakitic were despite them being apart of the in-game team. After a long 30 minutes they finally told me that they wrote down my problem - at least how they interpreted it - and I should wait another 24 hours.

Thursday - I got an email that told me they found no evidence that I lost these players or even owned them so I called them again. They told me that the problem is being reviewed by the higher team and they were still oblivious to who either Sterling, Pique or Rakitic were. I was told to wait another 24 hours.

This is what over £42 gets you with EA.

I love how they give these "teams" names to make it look like they are on top of things and make you feel like something will actually get done about the problem. The "Expert Crysis Team" has supposedly been working on the Crysis 2 servers for 3-4 months now and absolutely nothing has been fixed with no updates on any progress. Each time you get transferred to another customer service representative, they act like it is the first time they have ever heard of the problem and now they will put a higher team on the issue and this time something will finally get done. Yet, nothing changes. Part of me wonders if these expert "teams" even really exist.

Granted, that game is several years old and I really wouldn't blame them if they just said "screw it, it's just not worth it to fix." Still, the way they handle things just makes things worse. 

Lol:

--------

Hello, Product Name: FIFA 16Email Address: ---- Thank you for contacting us regarding the action that was taken on your account. The action pertains to the following violation: "Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items."  After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we found that your account was actioned correctly and will not remove this sanction from your account. Thank you,  WWCE Terms of Service

--------

Damn, for a second there I actually thought they responded :facepalm: - phoned in and was told it was an automatic response. I guess I'll go play some "Career Mode" if it even works or maybe I'm banned from that too. xD

• 3 months later...

I had a problem with FUT last year, not going into too much detail, but basically I selected a pack to open and the game glitched and instead opened a silver pack. This happened 3 times. I used the share feature to record what had happened, and immediately contacted EA. 

Like you, I got the Indian customer services - but via webchat, I don't have the patience for phone calls with EA. I got passed around the same departments as you, each time having to explain my situation. I was promised before going, that filling in a missing items form they presented me with, would ensure I receive my coins back. I pointed out to each person I spoke to that I have video proof of what happened. So, I left it with them. 

About a week later, I got an email from them saying my case had been reviewed, and proven that NO glitch had occurred, and there was no evidence of any wrongdoing. I replied, again pointing out that I had video proof via the share feature, and this needs to be reviewed. 

Then, I forgot about it, SEVEN MONTHS later, I got an email from them saying my case was being closed again, there was no evidence, and if I complain again, my account will be shut down. 

I screenshot all the back and forth's and forwarded them on to Sony, explained the situation, pointed out I had evidence, I was being treated like sh!t, and a reply after 7 months was more insulting that being plain ignored. They called me the next day, asked me to upload the video onto Youtube and reply to the email with a link, while they escalate a complaint against EA. I did, and they called back the next day, went through my purchase history with me, and gave me some refunds via the PS Store. They also promised to give EA a bollocking. I don't know if they did, but they were far more helpful that EA will ever be. 

Live and learn - always go to the overheads! 

Edited by Shinoda_2qx
  • Like 2

I had a problem with FUT last year, not going into too much detail, but basically I selected a pack to open and the game glitched and instead opened a silver pack. This happened 3 times. I used the share feature to record what had happened, and immediately contacted EA. 

Like you, I got the Indian customer services - but via webchat, I don't have the patience for phone calls with EA. I got passed around the same departments as you, each time having to explain my situation. I was promised before going, that filling in a missing items form they presented me with, would ensure I receive my coins back. I pointed out to each person I spoke to that I have video proof of what happened. So, I left it with them. 

About a week later, I got an email from them saying my case had been reviewed, and proven that NO glitch had occurred, and there was no evidence of any wrongdoing. I replied, again pointing out that I had video proof via the share feature, and this needs to be reviewed. 

Then, I forgot about it, SEVEN MONTHS later, I got an email from them saying my case was being closed again, there was no evidence, and if I complain again, my account will be shut down. 

I screenshot all the back and forth's and forwarded them on to Sony, explained the situation, pointed out I had evidence, I was being treated like sh!t, and a reply after 7 months was more insulting that being plain ignored. They called me the next day, asked me to upload the video onto Youtube and reply to the email with a link, while they escalate a complaint against EA. I did, and they called back the next day, went through my purchase history with me, and gave me some refunds via the PS Store. They also promised to give EA a bollocking. I don't know if they did, but they were far more helpful that EA will ever be. 

Live and learn - always go to the overheads! 

Guess EA will never change, hopefully they'll get more rivals in the Sports category (PES just isn't cutting it) because not being able to play a game you paid for with your own money just for pointing out a flaw is ridiculous.

That's incredible. I have heard bad things about EA's Customer Service but this takes it. It sounds like they didn't bother to do any investigation and decided to come to the conclusion that their Games 'couldn't have any glitches so lets ban the person that has the problem as there must be exploits involved'. That's ridiculous how unprofessional they have been in this situation. Also the fact that they didn't even know who those 3 Players are is laughable. Can't EA hire people that actually play their Games and know a thing or 2 about them so that they can better help the people that need support?

• Like 2

Remember when multiple developers were able to make sports games? Madden 2002 vs NFL 2K2 vs NFL Gameday 2002 vs some other randoms (Blitz 2002, NFL Fever, NFL QB Club)?

Same with other sports games?

For some reason, I don't think many people here do. I talked about how horrible things will get with a bunch of video gamers when this all came about in 2004. EA's panic-induced exclusivity deal expired in 2014, but there has been no rush for developers to come in and challenge EA because they know how dirty they play when it comes to competition.

...and nothing will ever change. 

• Like 1

Guess EA will never change, hopefully they'll get more rivals in the Sports category (PES just isn't cutting it) because not being able to play a game you paid for with your own money just for pointing out a flaw is ridiculous.

2K games did a really good job beating EA on NBA - with one HUGE but...the micro-transactions. They really take the biscuit with exploiting extra cash out of their customers. 

PES hasn't cut it in maybe 9 years, but who knows - maybe the real life FIFA scandal will shake things up in the game industry, we can hope?

It baffles me why their sports games have such shockingly bad support, when Battlefield has great and sustained support. Maybe they should ship all of their titles to DICE and shut down all other departments at EA Games!

• Like 1