Gota's Blogs: Konami and the Infinite Madness

Gotakibono

Nice read. That said, there will be more MGS, even more so given the way Phantom Pain ends (or doesn't, depending on how you look at it). After that's done and released, I'll kiss the series goodbye.

It'll have been a pretty sweet ride up 'till that point, but it'll probably be nothing but a stale and boring one afterwards.

• Like 1

I love these users who write a fucking long thread with their opinions. Sometimes I'm just bored to death and stuff like this, regardless of myself agreeing on it or not, are ALWAYS awesome to spend some time reading. Wish we could have a subforums for this kind of stuff.

• Like 2

Nice read. That said, there will be more MGS, even more so given the way Phantom Pain ends (or doesn't, depending on how you look at it). After that's done and released, I'll kiss the series goodbye.

It'll have been a pretty sweet ride up 'till that point, but it'll probably be nothing but a stale and boring one afterwards.

Thanks dude. Well I got a glimpse into what Metal Gear would look like in different hands with MG: Revengeance, and it's safe to say that I didn't like it. It's been sweet alright. By the way, hope all's well with you, amigo; haven't spoken to you in a while. 

As someone who just now got into the MGS series. It saddens me to fathom that Kojima may never make a game again especially now that I am interested to see more games by him.

To be honest, it's probably better that you just got into the games now, as you didn't have to go through the years upon years of waiting in between sequels. :P

Great read as usual dude. I guess we just wait and see what it brings!!

Thanks for reading, bud. I guess only time will tell what'll happen with Metal Gear. I've been reading reports that Konami are saying that Kojima isn't fired, but he's actually just on holiday. It just keeps getting weird

hmm, like an editorial thread..

I suppose I'll take that as a compliment of sorts. 

I love these users who write a fucking long thread with their opinions. Sometimes I'm just bored to death and stuff like this, regardless of myself agreeing on it or not, are ALWAYS awesome to spend some time reading. Wish we could have a subforums for this kind of stuff.

Thanks for your time, man, and I hope that you enjoyed reading through my shite talk. I always loved reading through articles and long posts, so that's probably why I enjoy writing them so much as well. 

Thanks for your time, man, and I hope that you enjoyed reading through my shite talk. I always loved reading through articles and long posts, so that's probably why I enjoy writing them so much as well. 

no shite talk, it was actually very entertaining to read, very well written. Hoping to see some more for you in the future starting with the "Gota's Blogs" on the headline.

• Like 1

Never really cared about MGS. To me all other games Kojima did were (and still are) loads more important. So I'm glad that he has left - how he'll be able to do something other than MGS game after MGS game.

Of course it was hard seeing other Konami franchises that I actually deeply care about slowly die and turn to dust. But it started long before Konami started going crazy so openly, so I've abandoned all hope long before the #F**Konami trend was born...

I played all MGS games, and i loved all of them, some better some less. For me to this day MGS3 was the best. But MGS5? I like it, but i dont love it. Why? Theres one reason, the way how each chapter is beginning. Its annoy me. Its like Hideo talking to me, relax its only game... I didnt have this felling playing MGS3 and MGS4. Sure theres few nice touch, like capturing animals, building base, and others thing. And dont get me wrong, i like it, and i dont sell this game. I will treasure it. But... for me its the worst MGS from all. Just dont like the way story is told, dont like cutscenes with those "chapters". If my english would be better i could wrote better how i feel about this game, but....

About KONAMI? They have milions from otheres things, and they just dont care about some guy Hideo, and to make point they did what they could to annoy him. We - gamers/players - just are victims. Thats all.

Thanks dude. Well I got a glimpse into what Metal Gear would look like in different hands with MG: Revengeance, and it's safe to say that I didn't like it. It's been sweet alright. By the way, hope all's well with you, amigo; haven't spoken to you in a while. 

The thing with Revengeance is that it was never going to be like previous MG titles, so it's not a fair comparison by any means lol. If anything, it certainly kept the spirit of absurdity that's been the core of MG and just bumped it up to 11 with its ridiculous gameplay and one-liners.

Same goes to you, boyo. We have each other on PSN and Skype and we hardly ever send a message hahaha.

no shite talk, it was actually very entertaining to read, very well written. Hoping to see some more for you in the future starting with the "Gota's Blogs" on the headline.

Why thank you, Sir! 

Never really cared about MGS. To me all other games Kojima did were (and still are) loads more important. So I'm glad that he has left - how he'll be able to do something other than MGS game after MGS game.

Of course it was hard seeing other Konami franchises that I actually deeply care about slowly die and turn to dust. But it started long before Konami started going crazy so openly, so I've abandoned all hope long before the #F**Konami trend was born...

I must admit I am very intrigued to see where Kojima'll end up. It could be the start of a new era for him. 

I played all MGS games, and i loved all of them, some better some less. For me to this day MGS3 was the best. But MGS5? I like it, but i dont love it. Why? Theres one reason, the way how each chapter is beginning. Its annoy me. Its like Hideo talking to me, relax its only game... I didnt have this felling playing MGS3 and MGS4. Sure theres few nice touch, like capturing animals, building base, and others thing. And dont get me wrong, i like it, and i dont sell this game. I will treasure it. But... for me its the worst MGS from all. Just dont like the way story is told, dont like cutscenes with those "chapters". If my english would be better i could wrote better how i feel about this game, but....

About KONAMI? They have milions from otheres things, and they just dont care about some guy Hideo, and to make point they did what they could to annoy him. We - gamers/players - just are victims. Thats all.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is still my personal favourite as well. It's easily the best in the series in terms of game-play and story. I'm still excited to play MGS5 and I'll forge my own opinion about it whenever I play it, but I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you thought you would have. 

Could you maybe tell me a little more about the chapters thing? Without spoilers, of course. :P

The thing with Revengeance is that it was never going to be like previous MG titles, so it's not a fair comparison by any means lol. If anything, it certainly kept the spirit of absurdity that's been the core of MG and just bumped it up to 11 with its ridiculous gameplay and one-liners.

Same goes to you, boyo. We have each other on PSN and Skype and we hardly ever send a message hahaha.

I still laugh my ass off thinking about Raiden just picking up a Metal Gear like it was a kebab or something. 

I know, man, we must have a catch-up soon. 

• Like 1

I still laugh my ass off thinking about Raiden just picking up a Metal Gear like it was a kebab or something. 

I know, man, we must have a catch-up soon. 

In all fairness, he did slow down a freaking island-sized Metal Gear on his own way back in MGS4 :P.

Regarding your Chapters question, he means the way the story progresses, which is like Peace Walker's. You play through chapters that you can select from your "headquarters" (so to speak), and everytime you start one out it has credits at the beginning of the mission and at the end, sort of like a short film. Great for replaying stuff, but a bit of a hindrance to the way the story progresses since its cut everytime, though due to it being a bit non-linear in that regard it hardly matters (most missions don't really tie into each other directly; only a few pick up exactly where the previous one left off).

In all fairness, he did slow down a freaking island-sized Metal Gear on his own way back in MGS4 :P.

Regarding your Chapters question, he means the way the story progresses, which is like Peace Walker's. You play through chapters that you can select from your "headquarters" (so to speak), and everytime you start one out it has credits at the beginning of the mission and at the end, sort of like a short film. Great for replaying stuff, but a bit of a hindrance to the way the story progresses since its cut everytime, though due to it being a bit non-linear in that regard it hardly matters (most missions don't really tie into each other directly; only a few pick up exactly where the previous one left off).

Yeah, that's a very good point! 

I kind of enjoyed Peace Walker's mission structure, but I guess I'll just have to play MGS5 to see whether or not I like its particular structure or pacing. 

• 1 month later...

Metal Gear Solid 3 is still my personal favourite as well. It's easily the best in the series in terms of game-play and story. I'm still excited to play MGS5 and I'll forge my own opinion about it whenever I play it, but I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you thought you would have. 

Could you maybe tell me a little more about the chapters thing? Without spoilers, of course. :P

Oh. I enjoy this game. Very much! Its just when you see/read/eat some great... soo good. That next time you say: "yeah its good but not THAT good like ..." And thats how i see MGS5. MGS3 The best for me its 10/10 MGS 5 is 8/10 very good. Beacuse i dont think its that good like MGS3. Understand?

And about Chapters. when normal game start you see title like Far Cry/final Fantasy/Mirrors Edge etc. And between chapters you see movies. In MGS5 you fly chopper, and when you start next chapter you see the same text: "something something Kojima, something Konami someone else" in begining of each chapter you see who made this chapter, and who will be in this chapter as hero an as enemy. And this is what i dont like. 1. It dont look like whole game anymore, but like just cut game. I still cant tell you. Just play game 2. when you see text that in this game you will play Snake - this is normal - but you will also meet "parasiut soldier" or worse "SOMEONE", then this means boss battle. And thats suck! Its like reading spoilers. They text you in begining who you will battle! And thats what i dont like in this game.

But still great game. I hope you played and understand what i wrote ;)

sorry for my english -_-