Good Lord this game got savaged

LunchCannon54

...I have no idea why that even crossed my mind, whoops  :facepalm: I probably read a theory somewhere and thought it was true.

Actually... (after doing some re-search-- taking one of the developers implied statements on the game being canon) it appears to be canon :facepalm: . However, there are some lore and story-telling inconsistencies, which is why I thought it wasn't canon. This would actually make the game slightly less appealing because it should have and could have been handled better as a canon game.

Pretty sure it is canon, as both Mike and Bryan (the creators of the show) were heavily involved and the story was written by two of the writers of the show, Tim Hedrick and Joshua Hamilton.

That's not the reason I think it's canon. I don't officially just believe any written work to be canon just because the official creators or writers write something or are involved with it. There has to be some type of secondary confirmation, indication, or implication for me to believe something is canon to something.

• Like 1

Actually... (after doing some re-search-- taking one of the developers implied statements on the game being canon) it appears to be canon :facepalm: . However, there are some lore and story-telling inconsistencies, which is why I thought it wasn't canon. This would actually make the game slightly less appealing because it should have and could have been handled better as a canon game.

Yeah, I should have double checked myself but the section I highlighted is the reason why I was unsure - I spent most of the game and season 4 noticing inconsistencies and wondering why they would make a canon-compliant game that doesn't completely fit in with the story. I think if the villain wasn't an almost cut-and-paste of season 2 (at least as far as I can remember of the game's story) it would be more memorable, but I enjoyed it nonetheless :P

• Like 1

Yeah, I should have double checked myself but the section I highlighted is the reason why I was unsure - I spent most of the game and season 4 noticing inconsistencies and wondering why they would make a canon-compliant game that doesn't completely fit in with the story. I think if the villain wasn't an almost cut-and-paste of season 2 (at least as far as I can remember of the game's story) it would be more memorable, but I enjoyed it nonetheless :P

Yes, exactly. Also agree with the memorable part. I definitely.. definitely enjoyed the game to! :P

• Like 1

I felt the villain was a cut and paste of Senator Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising. It was still a pretty cool fight though and a great one to end a game on, especially the beatdown she gives him in the end. Half the time in that fight I was just saying shit like DON'T FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR and the like which was greatly amusing to me. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

You're right, this game is not bad at all. I really enjoyed it, as a big fan of the series and as a gamer! I'd say it's a 9/10. If it weren't for the repetitiveness aspect, I would give it a 10/10 no doubt. Despite this flaw, the bending styles are great and fluid, the avatar state is nice and the variety of combos is awesome. Also, the Fire Dash and the Air Scooter are so freaking good to use, especially the Aang's iconic airball lol Finally, one of the things I loved the most was the easter eggs as the vanity items, and what's really cool is that they are not only from TLOK but also from ATLA, like the "Water Tribe Necklace" from Katara and the "Blue Spirit Mask" from Zuko. I think it was a well-made fan service ?

Leo_Diiniz.png

• Like 1