If you are not interested in Vita library now, you can sell it

Satoshi Ookami

I think this is a great thread and should be pinned. I'm really sick of the "vita has no games" "should I buy a vita?" threads. 

My only gripe with Sony is that they should have kept Tearaway and Gravity Rush on the PS Vita AND we got shafted when they moved Type-0 to PS4. Oh well, I guess I've got to move on and play the other games the Vita has to offer.

• Like 2

Satoshi, I think you could add one of those long ass lists with all the upcoming games for this and for next year. I think ScutumMagister has it somewhere in his sig. If people don't like those kind of games, they can sell the console right away, for the same reason I wouldn't keep an Wii U because it is riddled with stupid shit Mario and Zelda games.

HOW HARD IT IS TO PUT BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE AND CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 3 ON YOUR SYSTEM, NINTENDO???

Wii U has no games.

On topic: I own my vita for one year now and I use it everyday. Might not play on it everyday because sometimes I gotta heavily focus on the PS3 to get shit done, but I'm usually using the vita more than the PS3 and still didn't run out of games to play on it yet.

Useful adition: I've only played 2 retail games, being them Resistance: Burning Skies and Assassin's Creed: Liberation. All other games I played, either I bought digitally or got free on plus, so there is that, no shortage of games to find online.

People just got to dig for games they should enjoy or simply realise that is not a system for them.

PS: I rather play my PS3/PSVITA games on my vita, I enjoy the system more and I'll be using it when the time to play Helldivers and Hotline Miami 2 comes.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

I'm really sick of the "vita has no games" "should I buy a vita?" threads. 

Pretty much the foremost reason why I decided to put up this one.

This is all stating the obvious to be honest.

I don't say it isn't ;) But there are still new threads about the same :)

Satoshi, I think you could add one of those long ass lists with all the upcoming games for this and for next year. I think ScutumMagister has it somewhere in his sig. 

Ok, good point here. =D Examples should definitely be there =D

• Like 1

Vita is a great handheld device even for people who aren't particularly fond of Japanese games (like me).

It has some great AAA games, even if no more are going to be produced, it's the best place to play certain cross-platform indies, and it's backwards compatible with the PS1/PSP (to a degree).

I've gotten loads of play time out of my Vita, and still play it on an almost daily basis, and I've played hardly any J-games.

Ever since I got rid of my Vita, I've been playing more and more PSP. You think the Vita is an underrated machine that gets ignored by the masses more than it deserves? Try having a PSP as your main console for half a decade like I did in the day.

Real talk though, the PSP is a beast and is still more than usable as a main console today, the Vita is nowhere near as good as the PSP.

• Like 1

Ever since I got rid of my Vita, I've been playing more and more PSP. You think the Vita is an underrated machine that gets ignored by the masses more than it deserves? Try having a PSP as your main console for half a decade like I did in the day.

Real talk though, the PSP is a beast and is still more than usable as a main console today, the Vita is nowhere near as good as the PSP.

I agree that if you want to play PSP games, PSP is a better choice.

I also go for PSP when I want to play PSP game :) (Because they are undubbed :awesome:)

Vita is a great handheld device even for people who aren't particularly fond of Japanese games (like me).

It has some great AAA games, even if no more are going to be produced, it's the best place to play certain cross-platform indies, and it's backwards compatible with the PS1/PSP (to a degree).

I've gotten loads of play time out of my Vita, and still play it on an almost daily basis, and I've played hardly any J-games.

Yep, but in your case it's a collection of indies which is another strong Vita suite (and again fairly hated), that's why I said "interested in library now" =D 

Because more indies will be coming but they will be indies again =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

That's a damn shame, the system still has potential.

I love my Vita and I've been putting more hours into it than my 3DS. Kinda embarrassing that Sony are ditching their own system and are now relying on third parties to support thier system. I've been playing mostly PS1 classics such as FFVIII and Dino Crisis on it and I don't think I'll stop soon.

I agree that if you want to play PSP games, PSP is a better choice.

I also go for PSP when I want to play PSP game :) (Because they are undubbed :awesome:)

Sorry, I was on the toilet when I typed that and didn't put in all that much effort.

I do genuinely believe the PSP still has more to offer than the Vita to a prospective purchaser however. The PSP had a better spot in the middle of a generation. In addition to it's own lineup of superb games like 2 GTAs, 2 Syphon Filters, 2 God of Wars, 2 Battlefronts, and so on, the ports for the system spanned from some of the best of the PS2's lineup like Crazy Taxi, Tony Hawk's Undergound 2, and OutRun 2006, to PS3 classics like Split/Second, Tekken 6, NFS Shift (the one I spent the most time with), and so on. Okay, maybe I'm using the terms best and classic a bit loosely since I can't think of anything super great, but the point is valid. The PSP had a tonne of great games of it's own, a stack of memorable PS2 games were also ported over (usually with a lot better quality of port than the Vita gets), and then a stack of PS3 games were also on the unit as well. 

The Vita on the other hand, does have it's fair share of decently memorable games, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and many more leading the charge, but once you get past them, most of the ports, of which there is nowhere near as many as the PSP had, are usually of lesser quality. Here, I'll give you a fitting example from two of my favorite franchises, Star Wars and Spider-Man.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed. Everybody knows the PS3 version is the one to go with, that's the proper one. The PS2/Wii and whatever other last gen consoles (PSP) were out there got an entirely different story that takes about four hours and has nothing else at all to do when you're done. Wait, that's true for the PS2 and Wii, but the PSP had a whole new mode thrown in there in addition to the main game, this mode offered a crapload more content than the actual game in it's entirety did over on PS2, and I'd put it (with this new mode) above even the PS3 version. The new mode included Order 66 (a typical survival mode style thing), Force Battle or whatever it was called (which was like your typical fighting game, fight one guy, move up to the next guy until you fight the boss), Historical Missions (a selection of major battles from the movies converted into playable levels, it was great), and some other stuff I've forgotten as well. In short, the PSP version of this game beat the piss out of the other versions. This is pretty much how all PSP ports were (for the most part), they were the same game, but instead of losing stuff, there was cool new crap. Tony Hawk Underground 2 had 4 new levels, Spidey 3 had a whole new mode, and so on.

The "Amazing" Spider-Man. Admittedly, not everyone hates this game as much as I do, actually, I don't even hate it that much. Anyway, it's the first open world Spidey game in like 5 years or so. And they cocked it up. Boom, just saved you a bunch of time reading me bitch about it. Anyway, so the game is what it is on PS3/360, but then, about a year and a half later, they actually ported it to Vita, surprisingly. Now, the game on PS3 is no technical marvel, infact, looking at it may hurt your eyes if you stare for too long, but anyway, when it made it's way to Vita, the frame rate dropped into the single digits at times, a lot of the pedestrians / cars were cut, the draw distance was heavily reduced, and they even cut the Bruce Campbell missions. Cutting missions is one thing, but cutting Bruce Campbell out of something? No, you don't do that. This is how most of the Vita ports I've played in my time have been, they've been shoddy ports of games that may as well not have been made because there's no reason to play them on Vita when the Vita version is 7 times out of 10 just an ugly performance-problem-having version of a game I can already buy for less. 

Now, I did love my Vita when it worked. And I still love Vita, the second I see one for a good price you can be damn sure I'll jump right back in (but after the whole "I had 3 different units in 1 week" thing, I'm waiting on a really good deal to try again), however, in terms of what it offered, it's nowhere near the level of value the PSP had, and still has to this day. I don't want to come off as someone just bagging on the Vita for the sake of it, because that's not me, I had 3 Vitas die on me in addition to my girlfriend's going the same route and I will still proudly say that when the Vita worked for me it was one of the best things you could buy.

I am passionate about portable gaming man, maybe it comes from the PSP being my main machine for several years back when, I don't know. I was one of the few who bought the Xperia Play phone, then when it died (this time it was my fault, it fell from my pocket by surprise and the screen got shot) I bought another god damned one (It would have been around 100 to fix the screen or 180 to get another one, I figured why not). I have a stack of portable Bluetooth controllers for my phone, I have an HDMI cord for it too so I can play my stuff on the TV. I love the idea of serious gaming being available to me wherever I am. I love it. The Vita is a great machine, no doubt about it, I'm not in any way trying to insult the Vita, however, the PSP, after being available for over a decade, really still offers more to the consumer. 

And ALL the digital PS1 games work for PSP, not just the few Sony want you to have. Just saying.

• Like 1

Now, I did love my Vita when it worked. And I still love Vita, the second I see one for a good price you can be damn sure I'll jump right back in (but after the whole "I had 3 different units in 1 week" thing, I'm waiting on a really good deal to try again), however, in terms of what it offered, it's nowhere near the level of value the PSP had, and still has to this day. I don't want to come off as someone just bagging on the Vita for the sake of it, because that's not me, I had 3 Vitas die on me in addition to my girlfriend's going the same route and I will still proudly say that when the Vita worked for me it was one of the best things you could buy.

I know this is gonna sound as joking, but I will say it anyway.

Literally the only people that had problems with Vita were those who were not playing Japanese games...

I have had Vita for two years and 0 problems anywhere =) And most people who play J-games also have no problems...

Guess Vita-tan is allergic to Western games :awesome:

But I understand where you're coming from. I probably would act the same if I had to exchange anything so many times.

Welp, better sell my vita now :awesome:

Definitely do that :awesome:

Less competition for 5th Ultra fan place :awesome:

I know this is gonna sound as joking, but I will say it anyway.

Literally the only people that had problems with Vita were those who were not playing Japanese games...

I have had Vita for two years and 0 problems anywhere =) And most people who play J-games also have no problems...

Guess Vita-tan is allergic to Western games :awesome:

But I understand where you're coming from. I probably would act the same if I had to exchange anything so many times.

It was so weird though. The touch screen was just shot on it. My first one was fine for a solid year and a half before it started dying and instead of being patient or fixing it I sold it for a well good price and upgraded to the slim while it was on sale. That one's touch screen was dead in a few days, it was skitzing like nuts, rang the store to return it, they had one more instock when I bought mine, in those few days someone else had bought it and returned it for the very same reason. So I ended up going to a store half an hour or so away, grabbed one of their's, and it did the same thing in 2 days. The girlfriend's one lasted a couple of months before it went nuts and she ended up flogging her's as well. 

I'll abandon you're thread and stop derailing it now. :)

The bit I never understood is why there weren't more AAA games on the Vita in the first place? A large % of gamers dont like Japanese or Indie games and surely Sony knew that from the start. Personally I have never bought one as I couldnt justify it for 3 games.

I'm pretty sure because development was expensive (inb4 Stricken posts his favorite video :awesome:) at the start since Vita was really powerful.

Now that it could be done cheaper, it's better to just go PS4 route.

• Like 1

Example of games I am talking about. Credits to ScutumMagister for putting up the list.

Does the Vita need saving?

Akiba's Trip, Ar No Surge Plus, Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Meruru, Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, Child of Light, Citizens of Earth, Conception 2, Criminal Girls, Demon Gaze, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Dragon Fantasy Book 1, Dragon Fantasy Book 2, Dragon's Crown, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Dungeon Travelers 2, Fantasy Hero, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Freedom Wars, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3, Lost Dimension, Mind Zero, Moe Chronicle, Muramasa Rebirth, Operation Abyss, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, Rainbow Moon, Sorcery Saga, Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Sword Art Online, Tales of Hearts R, Toukiden: Kiwami, Toukiden: The Age of Demons, Valhalla Knights 3, Ys: Memories of Celceta.

No, I just need more time.

And a list of others.

http://i.imgur.com/wQcuq0d.jpg

This list is my driving force behind getting a vita soon! Shame that people don't see all the great games out there...