how to use saves?

um I am kinda in a jam here, I can't use my old save for oblivion on my new ps3 it pops up saying it's not made or on this id or something like that and I don't get it why can't I use it? do any of you know how to make this thing work it is stopping me from trying to play my old level 34 guy.

edit: by the way I forgot to say my copy of oblivion is a goty one

Edited by KANERKB

Looks like that could be the issue. Maybe the save files from both versions are not compatible with the other version.

hmm you maybe right, I had the normal one of it and just got the ps3 the other day and tried to get the saves to work that was on my normal one of it to go onto the goty one of it, do you know of any way to fix this?

hmm you maybe right, I had the normal one of it and just got the ps3 the other day and tried to get the saves to work that was on my normal one of it to go onto the goty one of it, do you know of any way to fix this?

Although I don't own the game, I'm pretty certain there is no way to fix it. Looks like you're gonna have to either go back to playing the normal version of the game with the save you have, or start a brand new one with the GOTY edition.

Although I don't own the game, I'm pretty certain there is no way to fix it. Looks like you're gonna have to either go back to playing the normal version of the game with the save you have, or start a brand new one with the GOTY edition.

Saves from the normal version of a game won't work for the GOTY version. The same thing happened when I borrowed Batman: Arkham City and later bought the GOTY edition. You will have to do what Stevieboy said and either go back to the normal version or start over.

Saves from the normal version of a game won't work for the GOTY version. The same thing happened when I borrowed Batman: Arkham City and later bought the GOTY edition. You will have to do what Stevieboy said and either go back to the normal version or start over.

damn that sucks well I guess I would just go back to the normal one for am not going back to the start with nothing again it's painfully hard to get all of the gates closed and do the knights of the 9 thing

damn that sucks well I guess I would just go back to the normal one for am not going back to the start with nothing again it's painfully hard to get all of the gates closed and do the knights of the 9 thing

Starting over really isn't as bad as you think. Although, I'd recommend playing the game on PC instead.

Edited by MMDE

Starting over really isn't as bad as you think. Although, I'd recommend playing the game on PC instead.

yes but I don't have a good pc for the game but na I am ok with playing on the normal one of it and give the goty to my friend, also I want to know is your id photo from tomba? also I want to know if you like it I want to know if you ever played haven call of the king.

yes but I don't have a good pc for the game but na I am ok with playing on the normal one of it and give the goty to my friend, also I want to know is your id photo from tomba? also I want to know if you like it I want to know if you ever played haven call of the king.

Oblivion doesn't really take that great of a PC to run.

Yes, it's from Tombi!.

Nope, but it does look interesting, and I will definitely try to get it. EDIT: getting it! :P

Edited by MMDE

Oblivion doesn't really take that great of a PC to run.

Yes, it's from Tombi!.

Nope, but it does look interesting, and I will definitely try to get it. EDIT: getting it! :P

ah well my pc is not really that good for playing games it's mostly for work also glad to hear you like the look of the game