I don't like FPS games anymore, but should I buy this one?

Finozzi1696

Should I buy it?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Metro Redux

• Yes
    • No

Hi, some days ago I made a poll about what games that are on sale right now on the European Store should I buy, and Metro Redux won the poll even if I don't like FPS like I used to, but it's pretty cheap right now plus it comes with two games so that's why I put it there.

I watched some videos and it's the kind of FPS that I don't like (I prefer a good story rather than a "shoot this, shoot that, shoot him, shoot her" every 2 seconds with no reason), but many people recommended it to me so I don't know if I should give it a try or buy other game instead.

Thanks for the replys!

Edited by Finozzi1696

If you don't like FPS then you should buy something else  that you know you will like and enjoy

Yes but the thing that I forgot to mention is that I only play them now if they had a good story and are not only about the shooting, I didn't played Bioshock Infinite yet but people says that it has a good story.

I think the Metro story is pretty great actually. The game is based on a book so it's deeper than CoD or BF type campaigns, not quite to quality of Bioshock games though..  Gameplay is ok, sometimes a bit glitchy.  It isn't just a shoot'em up either.  You will need stealth at times to progress.

The Redux pack has lots of value imo, you will need 4 play throughs to get the plats.  

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

As someone who has beat both the games, I'd say yes. It was a great game, good story and shows that you don't need multiplayer to be a good game.

It was one of the best FPS I have played, however I do like the odd shooter now and then. So I may be a little biased.

Just know that it isn't like a CoD game. You can take a stealthy approach to missions or just go in like Rambo.

Yes but the thing that I forgot to mention is that I only play them now if they had a good story and are not only about the shooting, I didn't played Bioshock Infinite yet but people says that it has a good story.

The story is.pretty good and you can use stealth in the game, my opinion i think you should get it cuz both metro games have a good story and it will keep you busy for a while. Also you have to play Bioshock infinite thats one hell of a game :) Edited by Condemned09

The Redux pack has lots of value imo, you will need 4 play throughs to get the plats.  

haha, value of a game shouldn't be determined by how many playthroughs for a plat... to be forced to be playthrough a crappy game 4 or 5 times before you can get a plat sucks! of course, metro redux is pretty fun and story is ok, its definitely worth the current sale price.

haha, value of a game shouldn't be determined by how many playthroughs for a plat... to be forced to be playthrough a crappy game 4 or 5 times before you can get a plat sucks! of course, metro redux is pretty fun and story is ok, its definitely worth the current sale price.

I was referring to this game specifically, I did not make a general statement about value and number of playthroughs.  

I understand your opinion, and I tend to avoid such games myself.  In this case however, each game requires a "good" and "bad" play through

which changes the story

so it isn't just grinding out a bunch of play throughs like Dragons Crown.  

Edited by audiopile

I think the Metro story is pretty great actually. The game is based on a book so it's deeper than CoD or BF type campaigns, not quite to quality of Bioshock games though..  Gameplay is ok, sometimes a bit glitchy.  It isn't just a shoot'em up either.  You will need stealth at times to progress.

Absolutely agree, great story and lots of tension throughout! Metro 2033 is imo actually the more intense, although 'older'...

Plats are actually obtainable in 1+ playthroughs, so really not long if you read a guide in advance for collectibles and chapter related trophies...

Lastly, @OP, why would want to convince yourself so hard to play a genre you don't especially like? Lots of games out there on ps3 & 4 to spend your precious time on that you would thoroughly enjoy...

I wasted so much of my lifetime for games I didnt liked in first place, just because "people said"... And after it I still havnt liked them.

So, Im just going to say: You are not people, you are you. You have your own interests and dislikes. Decide for your own. Dont give a shit about what people say/do. (And ultraomega important: give no shit about metacritics and stuff!) When others would jump from a bridge, would you follow, because "people did"? ... :) You said that you dont like fps anymore, so the answer should be obvious.

Play Bioshock Infinite, don't play this one. This is FPS, Bioshock is more. On the other hand it's only subjective what is a good story and what's not.

First of all thanks to everyone who replied, I have read every comment!

Second:

Lastly, @OP, why would want to convince yourself so hard to play a genre you don't especially like? Lots of games out there on ps3 & 4 to spend your precious time on that you would thoroughly enjoy...

I wasted so much of my lifetime for games I didnt liked in first place, just because "people said"... And after it I still havnt liked them.

So, Im just going to say: You are not people, you are you. You have your own interests and dislikes. Decide for your own. Dont give a shit about what people say/do. (And ultraomega important: give no shit about metacritics and stuff!) When others would jump from a bridge, would you follow, because "people did"? ... :) You said that you dont like fps anymore, so the answer should be obvious.

It's only because it's on sale right now (95% of the time I only buy games if they are on sale, I don't pay full price anymore) and I have read good things about it so I though maybe I could give it a try this time, I don't hate FPS it's just that I'm not excited about them like I used to, but I will play them if they had a good story/multiple endings and it isn't all about shooting things only.

Play Bioshock Infinite, don't play this one. This is FPS, Bioshock is more. On the other hand it's only subjective what is a good story and what's not.

That's true, if Infinite had a PS4 version and it were on sale right now I would buy that one instead.

----------------

So once again Metro won the poll so I would have to give it a try now that is only for 15 euros, thanks to everyone again!

Edited by Finozzi1696

I'm thinking of buying the Metro Redux as well and I'm not an FPS guy either, at least when it comes to console gaming. It looks like fun, I heard the story is great as well. If you don't know if you'll like it, I suggest you try the demo. But the price is really good, especially since you get two games for the PS4.