Trophy Rarity Question

fisty123

This may have been asked before. I did search a few posts but could not see any from the top few that went into this question.

Why is it that DLC trophies are only counted for by the members who play the DLC only and not for the whole game?
For instance Capcom Arcade Cabinet has a lot of hard DLC trophies however the first trophy is listed as 100% common which is no where near correct, It is only like that becasue others have given up.

The current method is just a slap in the face for the DLC players who are trying to keep their Average Rarity down.

If you look at total percent of a game the DLC content is part of it and you may get the plat but still have an 80% rating which will only give you an A raking for that game so why should the Rarity be any different?

I guess as a final note changing it would not effect the players or do not play the DLC at all, it may even make players want to give the DLC a go to get a rare trophy 

Edited by fisty123

There are already so many topics for this, I quickly used the search function and came back with this:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26199-dlc-rarity-change/?hl=%2Bdlc+%2Brarity#entry575010

The site did once show DLC rarity based on all game owners, instead of just DLC owners.  It was changed as per Sly's comments:

"The reason it was changed in the first place is because it was one of the most requested features."

• Like 1

This may have been asked before. I did search a few posts but could not see any from the top few that went into this question.

Why is it that DLC trophies are only counted for by the members who play the DLC only and not for the whole game?

For instance Capcom Arcade Cabinet has a lot of hard DLC trophies however the first trophy is listed as 100% common which is no where near correct, It is only like that becasue others have given up.

The current method is just a slap in the face for the DLC players who are trying to keep their Average Rarity down.

If you look at total percent of a game the DLC content is part of it and you may get the plat but still have an 80% rating which will only give you an A raking for that game so why should the Rarity be any different?

I guess as a final note changing it would not effect the players or do not play the DLC at all, it may even make players want to give the DLC a go to get a rare trophy 

It's not even counted by people who have played the DLC, it only counts people who have earned a trophy in the DLC pack. Making the stats even more inaccurate.

Yeah, it's messed up that the stats are ultimately inaccurate because the decision to change it was made to appease a group of people a long time ago who were whining about it, but there's nothing we can do about it. It's been discussed before, and Sly has already made it pretty clear he isn't changing it back.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 2

There are already so many topics for this, I quickly used the search function and came back with this:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/26199-dlc-rarity-change/?hl=%2Bdlc+%2Brarity#entry575010

The site did once show DLC rarity based on all game owners, instead of just DLC owners.  It was changed as per Sly's comments:

"The reason it was changed in the first place is because it was one of the most requested features."

Looking at this page is seems there was more support to have it changed back. maybe its time to revisit this as I never use to care about it all to much but since we have the average rarity slapped on our profile It gets to me every time I log on.

Its incorrect details but if the approval to have incorrect details on the site has been made I guess there is nothing that can be done.

Still odd and annoying that other sites have left it alone tho

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

The right way to calculate the % would be counting only people that played the DLC and not people that earn at least a trophy in it. But unfortunately there's no way to see how much people played a DLC.

Even this wouldn't be right though, because it wouldn't be reflecting the amount of people who have the DLC on their list

When you start a game with DLC, or DLC gets added later to a list on your profile, it's on your profile and thus you should be reflected as an owner.

• Like 2

That would definitely be better imo, but I'm a bit worried others would start rambling how inaccurate it is.

Both ways of calculating it are wrong, maybe a compromise and calculate it based on the average of game owners/people with a trophy in the DLC pack.

Rambling is inevitable, might as well just lean towards whichever option would look the most realistic imo

Both ways of calculating it are wrong, maybe a compromise and calculate it based on the average of game owners/people with a trophy in the DLC pack.

This would be a good idea but as other have mentioned members may find this unacceptable. I can understand why the changes were made it was just annoying to have spend so long on a trophy just to get it listed as 100% common was the main reason behind this post

My math is failing me at the moment, but if that means that DLC with a single trophy will stop being 100% common... I think you'd make a LOT of people happy.

I think that would be a good compromise. Since it would take away the main point of both arguments, and both sides would have no real reason to complain anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to reiterate that this would be an awesome improvement that would make many people happy.

Can we give this idea some more visibility please? I'd like to see how the community reacts to it.

Isn't this advocating an estimated figure rather than an actual one?

As it is now it's still a guess, since you can't know for certain how many people have a DLC if someone didn't gain a trophy in it (especially with DLCs with a single trophy).

That is true but there is a purity to it.

Option A (former): DLC Achievers / Main Game Owners. Main game owners may not own the DLC. Statistics more accurate as when you install a game you install DLC trophies too but, as a consequence, shows trophies rarer than they really are.

Option B (current): DLC Achievers / DLC Owners. Main game owners may own the DLC but you can't know until you achieve a trophy. Statistics more inaccurate but gives a better representation of how rare trophies are.

Option C (as I understand it): DLC Achievers / weighted average of Main Game and DLC Owners. Hits a balance of Option A and Option B but just an educated guess.

It is an interesting one as the overall purpose is to give the best representation of a trophies rarity.

Edited by FawltyPowers