More countries for psnprofiles!

Hello dear community/developers!

I just have some few questions: 

1. Could it be possible if psnp could introduce a new country? I have many trophy hunter friends from Liechtenstein, it would be really nice for them if they would have a place where they could compare among themselves - since they're also big fans of this site & the trophy system! 

2. Why psnprofiles only have a certain selection of countries? 

3. How Gamers without their own country leaderboard are considered by this site? Gamers as example from Pakistan, Bhutan, Andorra, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Monaco and many many more ...

• Like 1

@OP: As others said, it's because the countries are included in other ones.

I feel that I'm missing out not knowing who the number 1 trophy hunter in Burkina Faso is.

My thoughts exactly!

Profile region = store region

I think there are some exception to this... for example, my neighbor country Slovakia (not Slovenia) must use Czech store because Sony pretty much still takes us as one country but they have leaderboard here because it's a selectable country afaik.

I think there are some exception to this... for example, my neighbor country Slovakia (not Slovenia) must use Czech store because Sony pretty much still takes us as one country but they have leaderboard here because it's a selectable country afaik.

To be fair, we all have litterally the same shitty store :D Shitty because the fact that the US and the UK have a lot more to offer in their stores :P

But Sony is still a lot better compared to Microsoft. One of the reasons I decided to go for Playstation was the fact that Xbox Live isn't available in Slovenia. Hopefully PSN expandes so less people feel like they're left out.

Edited by QuinlanLJ

To be fair, we all have litterally the same shitty store :D Shitty because the fact that the US and the UK have a lot more to offer in their stores :P

But Sony is still a lot better compared to Microsoft. One of the reasons I decided to go for Playstation was the fact that Xbox Live isn't available in Slovenia. Hopefully PSN expandes so less people feel like they're left out.

I thought we all just shared the EU store. :huh:

Honestly though, just be very happy about it. Sony has some strange translation rules. Stuff in the PSN store is required to have been translated to your account's language for you to purchase/view it, even if you view it all in English anyways.

Really? I have never seen anything on PS Store in my mother language xD

There's a language setting, and I bet you have your PS3/PS4 set to English. :P

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/cam/account/profile/account-details.action

You can set your language there. I got two options, English and Norwegian, nothing more.

Edited by MMDE

There's a language setting, and I bet you have your PS3/PS4 set to English. :P

Actually the system language have nothing to do with the store language.

I have all my PS systems in English, since it's easier to compare info with what's available on the web (the language of some games change based on the system language), yet my PS store is in Portuguese.

Also the stores in EU are different, sometimes there's content available in one and not in another, even in the Euro zone (same applies to a few promotions). As for the content needing to be translated, it used to be true, but now more and more descriptions in the Portuguese store are either badly translated or half in English half in Portuguese..

Sony probably just decided to group together some countries of some zones based in what they tough that was relevant market-wise when they launched PSN 10 years ago..

• Like 1

Actually the system language have nothing to do with the store language.

I have all my PS systems in English, since it's easier to compare info with what's available on the web (the language of some games change based on the system language), yet my PS store is in Portuguese.

Also the stores in EU are different, sometimes there's content available in one and not in another, even in the Euro zone (same applies to a few promotions). As for the content needing to be translated, it used to be true, but now more and more descriptions in the Portuguese store are either badly translated or half in English half in Portuguese..

Sony probably just decided to group together some countries of some zones based in what they tough that was relevant market-wise when they launched PSN 10 years ago..

What is your account set to?

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/cam/account/profile/account-details.action

Go there and check.

I just tried to change my language to Norwegian and see how much it affects now, but it started complaining about my last name no longer being allowed. haha

someone knows? D::

As per your own PSN Profile, you're counted as Germany.

I understand you'd want to have your own country leaderboard, but Sony probably won't bother making regional stores for all the microstates, such as Lichtenstein, Andorra and Monaco.

If you go to the leaderboards to check out the available countries and compare them with the list of all the countries in the world, you'll see the list in the leaderboards is actually pretty small. There are only a few South American countries, plenty of Asian countries are absent and apart from South Africa, there isn't a single African nation.