Classic Review: Dead Space 2

Remilia Scarlet

After playing this game relentlessly on 360 and knowing its ins n' outs, I can only say...

3748023.gif

Great job! And I totally agree with the baby part. I'm sure it was a curveball some didn't expect.

Edit:

Even so, try not to use swear words in a review. It might make some people put it off or lessen some seriousness. Though you only did this once as I think the 'shit' after the image added a needed comic relief to some extent, but the part "(read: really fucking hard to find)" might be a 50/50.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

It's a tie between this one and Dead Space 3. I know a lot of people were sorely disappointed with DS3 but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be posting my Dead Space 3 review on Saturday.

OMG! Thank you finally! Everyone constantly ripped on DS3 and I was beginning to feel like I was literally the only person on the internet who actually enjoyed it! You just made my friggin day! :lol:

Also side note: EA should deff revisit this series with the new gen consoles. Can you imagine those effects and how realistic it could look and feel?

Edited by xKrAzY_8sx
  • Like 3

After playing this game relentlessly on 360 and knowing its ins n' outs, I can only say...

3748023.gif

Great job! And I totally agree with the baby part. I'm sure it was a curveball some didn't expect.

Edit:

Even so, try not to use swear words in a review. It might make some people put it off or lessen some seriousness. Though you only did this once as I think the 'shit' after the image added a needed comic relief to some extent, but the part "(read: really fucking hard to find)" might be a 50/50.

I rhought it over, and I agree. I changed 'fucking' to 'frickin'.

OMG! Thank you finally! Everyone constantly ripped on DS3 and I was beginning to feel like I was literally the only person on the internet who actually enjoyed it! You just made my friggin day! :lol:

Also side note: EA should deff revisit this series with the new gen consoles. Can you imagine those effects and how realistic it could look and feel?

Ikrrrr I've been praying since the new gen started that EA/Visceral would announce a new Dead Space, but nothing :( Granted it's only been two years since Dead Space 3 but I REALLY hope Dead Space 4 is in development.

• Like 1

I like this one a lot more then DS3 for it never was glitchly and was more fun and never had the die at the end of the game glitch that pissed me off to no end but I like the review you done for this one and the first along with the rail shooter one of it, also am sorry I was being a bit of an asshole on the rail shooter review you done of it.

THIS, I really wish they'd come back to this, honestly I would totally buy a DS remastered collection, a new game would be appreciated thou

Great review Anime!  

Btw 'kinesis'...if you want to change it.  :P

Maybe worthwhile mentioning DS Ignition too, the cheap little story/puzzle game that not only added some background but also made some handy storage rooms available in-game if you have a save like Extraction.

My only gripe with DS2 was the needless tacked-on MP, it didn't fit and shouldn't have been there...imo.

DS3 was good fun, it was a good game regardless of the criticism, a lot of which was fair, but it all got a bit over-the-top.   Still, I enjoyed it a lot.

DS is one of my favourite franchises and the sooner Visceral get back to it the better...providing EA let them do their thing and don't just see figures & revenues.   Would be great to be able to play as Ellie,  and make the various RIGs actually do something again, rather than mostly just a cosmetic.   I understood the need for universal ammo in 3 but the game lost something because of it, as fun as it was to tailor our own weapons.   I know the Visceral team said they are fond of the series and are keen to get back to it so surely DS4 has to happen...sooner rather than later I hope!  :D

• Like 1

Great read for a great game.

I purchased this because I couldn't get the first one in a sale a couple years ago. Got so hooked on it, that I went to Gamestop and bought the first one the same day I got the play for this one. Finished one, and bought three. I enjoyed three and think it had some of the best writing in the entire series. Is it as scary as the first two? No, but it's a great game in it's own right. I am very eagerly awaiting DS4 at some point.