Hey friends, I'm looking for some advice here. This is pretty much the last thing I need to do to roll over a platinum and I can't beat it for the life of me. Looking online I've seen some videos showing the "Terry strategy" which is essentially coup de grace spamming atlas so he cant summon helpers to destroy the root, bhut even at lv 96 with all the best equipment, 3 sorceror rings, and all the right tension building skills attained, I cannot for the life of me build tension fast enough. I implore the gaming community to help me out here, I'm quite literally dying.

I'm not sure what the "Terry strategy" entails, to be honest I don't think I ever used him, but you've got pretty much the right idea in that you want to keep him stunlocked with finishing moves as much as possible.  Here's a video I made (JP version of the game) that may or may not be of any help:

Save up as much tension as you can during the early portion when he stays put and plays with you a bit, making sure to switch characters when your tension is full or at near full, then start going nuts on him once he starts advancing towards the center.  Use your finishing move, switch characters, wait until he starts to get up and use their finishing move, etc.  He'll probably summon Pazuzu and Belial after the first round - I mostly ignored them and they ended up as collateral damage eventually - then basically just do the same thing a second time.  As you can see in the video I was able to get him down to around 25% health before he summoned the second wave of enemies, at that point I ran down to the open area near the root and waited for them (can build more tension here while waiting).  Wiped out the Killer Machines, set them up on that side street, then back to meet Atlas at the stairs to finish him off.

Can't guarantee the fight will go that smoothly (actually wiped him out this time before he summoned the third wave) but this always worked pretty well for me.  Party was Aurora, Alena, Kiryl, and Jessica.

Edit : Broke a thing when I tried to embed the video

Edited by Dalez1658

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the tips : ) I managed to do it with Terry after learning about falcon slash, although I did improvise a bit. This game! Poor Jessica gets one hit and is dead most of the fight and the root barely survived but hey, whatever ; )

somehow when i beat Atlas i managed to trap him the opposite end of the root.. 

Sounds like a pretty fortuitous glitch. That said though, he's beatable in approximately three minutes with the right levels, equipment, and strategy (*ahem*, Terry), so the root should never be in any real danger. I equipped a Monarchic Mark for that fight, just to be safe, though. :)

You have to learn a specific rythm with stunning him , because add spawns when he reaches certain HP % + he is calling them.  So i was able (after few trys) to stunn-lock him to 30% , than i did a mistake and he spawned all adds.  But i was able to kill him before they reached the root.  Normally he starts spawning adds way earlier.  Im not sure but i think i killed first wave with special attacks as collateral dmg.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/26/2016 at 0:41 PM, Xionx said:

You have to learn a specific rythm with stunning him , because add spawns when he reaches certain HP % + he is calling them.  So i was able (after few trys) to stunn-lock him to 30% , than i did a mistake and he spawned all adds.  But i was able to kill him before they reached the root.  Normally he starts spawning adds way earlier.  Im not sure but i think i killed first wave with special attacks as collateral dmg.

Necropost, but I was never able to keep him from calling his spawns. I beat him multiple times, because my kids love the cyclops bosses. But every time, even when I was stunning him well, it was irrelevant, as he would be invincible to call his spawn, and then immediately collapse into a stun afterward.

Also, I can't believe that the guy who posted the video wasn't using Terry's awesome final sword. That Stardust Sword is dynamite!

• Like 1