Would you recommend this?

Spinach

I have been thinking about starting this and eventually platting it, but just wanted to know if anyone recommends it seeing as the multiplayer is probably dead (the trophies look like a big multiplayer grind).

In other words is it worth it at this stage?

Edited by SaucySpinach

I have been thinking about starting this and eventually platting it, but just wanted to know if anyone recommends it seeing as the multiplayer is probably dead (the trophies look like a big multiplayer grind).

In other words is it worth it at this stage?

well not to sound like am a ahole but I would say hell no for the game is very very grindy and if you get people to boost with it will take hours and hours to just get to 10 wins on your turn and there is always a risk randoms join just like moh warfighter

Definitely play it. The story is good. The gameplay is fun. The destructible environment puts a whole new spin on everything. I highly recommend it. The MP is a bit grindy though. There is literally no randoms to speak of though. Maybe every once in a blue moon. If your team can't take care of one random every once in a while, there is no hope. However, if you can get some buddies together with mics, it can still be fun. I'd say go for it.

Definitely play it. The story is good. The gameplay is fun. The destructible environment puts a whole new spin on everything. I highly recommend it. The MP is a bit grindy though. There is literally no randoms to speak of though. Maybe every once in a blue moon. If your team can't take care of one random every once in a while, there is no hope. However, if you can get some buddies together with mics, it can still be fun. I'd say go for it.

Interesting. :) How much time are we looking at for the MP grind?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think the servers for this game can actually close because THQ went bankrupt and Nordic games took over the Red Faction series and there wasn't any down time while this occurred. The game was a worse grind than I expected, you need to do some very ridiculous things in the multiplayer such as: get 100,000 XP, the fastest method awards around 3000-3500 XP per 10 minutes, get 5000 kills online, the fastest method allows you to get 450+ kills in 30 minutes but if you're someone who has to take turns with other people then it's gonna take you 90 minutes to get those 450 kills. Also, the worst part is having to win 250 matchmaking matches, although it can be achieved if you get the other team to quit the match entirely, there's a chance that the game would have assigned the host to the quitting team, meaning you'll all get backed out and the parties will have to regroup. It was a shit grind for me and I used 4 PS3s while I had a friend who used 2 PS3s, I can't imagine how shit it would be if I were to do this game as someone using 1 PS3 with a group of other players that have 1 PS3 each. I personally thought this game was a worse grind than Far Cry 2 and the single player is always worrying because there is believed to be a glitch for the revolutionary trophy where some of the guerilla actions just don't appear, luckily I never really faced much of a problem here, but it's best to make note of every single guerilla action you did because if you complete the game and try to clean them up, you'll confuse yourself a lot. Also, it was annoying when 1 random joined, even though we kicked their ass every time, it didn't feel good when they made a match that should have taken less than a minute take longer than 10 minutes, although we had some funny moments when a random joined and we just made the alts walk outside of the boundary on the Quarantine map until the score limit was reached xD.  

Well, its Ultra rare status it's not casualty.
If you don't have a commited team there's no hope. You can ask and everybody will tell you the mp is great. In fact it's one of the best even being so dated. But people know about mp enjoyment and many will tell you, let's play for fun, you can get maybe a couple of trophies but will take half of your life. You have a lot, A LOT of mp trophies here, and even when just a couple of them requires 4 people it's still a big grind.
I had a good group some months ago, sadly 90% of them were EU region so when I joined it was no more than 2 hours each session, and I couldn't get at least 50 wins.
Good luck.

Finally: I got all wins some weeks ago, but still need kills and some challenges.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1