Is there a chance for server to re-open?

RvJay11

I think GT5 is the world most purchase racing game. still now we see lots more players still playing. So the game is not dead yet and I dont think will ever be. Thats a more reason to re-open the server!!!! Im not asking them for new races but keeping the community and 1-2 service going still resonable than completely close. Keeping the service open even on weekends is still ok

Plus with the game still purchasable on Psn makes it worth the try 

• Like 1

In regards to your final comment, I don't really mind if a dev wants to shut down the servers for their game (I mean I wish they didn't, but I understand why they eventually do), but in those situations they should be required to either patch out online trophies or stop selling the game on PSN (retail copies are out there, it'd be too hard to enforce individual retailers, especially mom and pop shops, to pull it off their shelves).  I see games where the servers have been shut down for years still being featured and getting sales and promotions on PSN.  That's kind of ridiculous, especially for games where the online is the majority of the experience.

For GT5 itself I'm not really bothered as I already have the plat (sorry), but I do feel your pain.  I bought Bulletstorm a week before the servers shut down and I never got a chance to play it.

• Like 3

In regards to your final comment, I don't really mind if a dev wants to shut down the servers for their game (I mean I wish they didn't, but I understand why they eventually do), but in those situations they should be required to either patch out online trophies or stop selling the game on PSN (retail copies are out there, it'd be too hard to enforce individual retailers, especially mom and pop shops, to pull it off their shelves).  I see games where the servers have been shut down for years still being featured and getting sales and promotions on PSN.  That's kind of ridiculous, especially for games where the online is the majority of the experience.

For GT5 itself I'm not really bothered as I already have the plat (sorry), but I do feel your pain.  I bought Bulletstorm a week before the servers shut down and I never got a chance to play it.

Hats off on your GT5 Plat :yay: Well compare to other server that been shut down GT5 is more popular and PSN still making money on DLC, so chances not completely off

It would be nice if Sony re-open the online mode, but they did it because GT6 wasn't as good nor had the same sales as it, I never played online, but certain parts needed it, to boost levels or buy some cars, I played only the online challenges to earn more credits and to boost levels, but they did it, I'm disappointed about that.

• Like 1

Sad to think most games that require online trophies servers eventually get shut down kinda a bummer for us trophy hunters looking to go for the platinum trophy but can't due to the servers being closed down. Even though there's no online trophies for this, still it's kinda a bummer.

Edited by demonoid321

PS2 was perhaps NFS but i think PS3 is GT5

Only reason why Gran Turismo 5 might have sell more on ps3 is because its an exclusive and it has a 3years period before the new game comes out.

I think GT5 is the world most purchase racing game.

Anyway you should edit the OP and put "on ps3" so it's much more accurate Edited by Winston

Gran Turismo 5 sold 10mln units. The NFS series has sold an average of 12.8mln units between 2003 and 2008 and the best selling NFS is Most Wanted PS2 with over 16mln units :)

You keep comparing one game to a whole series. They're not comparable that way.

OP: No GT5 server is not opening ever again. GT6 will probably shut down when GT7 comes out as well in case you need some warning.

You keep comparing one game to a whole series. They're not comparable that way.

OP: No GT5 server is not opening ever again. GT6 will probably shut down when GT7 comes out as well in case you need some warning.

No if you only read the whole post I did.. I said: NFS Most Wanted sold 16mln units. It's a game not a series. The comparation is: Gran Turismo 5 (10mln) and NFS Most Wanted (16mln). Enough? Edited by Winston

No if you only read the whole post I did.. I said: NFS Most Wanted sold 16mln units. It's a game not a series. The comparation is: Gran Turismo 5 (10mln) and NFS Most Wanted (16mln). Enough?

Well, the GT5 sales estimate actually says over 10 million and that was in May of 2013, while the GT has been for sale and selling since then. But I suppose I can let you win this round.

• 1 month later...