Is there a chance for server to re-open?

RvJay11

Sorry to bump the thread but it's rumoured Gran Turismo 5 could be free with plus this August, if so fingers crossed the servers will be re-opened (doubt it though :()

2 stupidly easy online trophies which are most likely locked forever. Such a shame. Keeping my fingers crossed too but it's not gonna happen.

• Like 1

Sorry to bump the thread but it's rumoured Gran Turismo 5 could be free with plus this August, if so fingers crossed the servers will be re-opened (doubt it though :()

It's more likely to be Gran Turismo 6 that is offered for free with PS+ than Gran Turismo 5, they closed GT5 because they wanted more people to play GT6 instead, that's why after the GT5 servers closed there was a period where people were offered some decent cars for GT6 soon after the GT5 servers closed. 

• Like 1

There's no digital version of GT5, so it would be a debut... and they wouldn't waste time with a game like this. Hell, they released digital copies of Resistance 1 and 2 and then "forgot" to release them in the States.

Also there's a rumor about Yakuza 5 (proper August game) so take everything with a grain of salt. It's just either one of them or two indie thingies. Where does the GT5 rumor originate from?

IMO, Gran Turismo 5 is a great game. The servers for this game deserve to be re-opened (although it may never happen). There are only two trophies and the servers are down? I've never seen a game (apart from FIFA 14) with less than 2 unobtainable trophies. It is weird, though.

IMO, Gran Turismo 5 is a great game. The servers for this game deserve to be re-opened (although it may never happen). There are only two trophies and the servers are down? I've never seen a game (apart from FIFA 14) with less than 2 unobtainable trophies. It is weird, though.

Yeah, Course Designer and Proud Owner are the only trophies made unobtainable by the server closure, but the platinum takes a lot longer to get without any online features now. Hasbro Family Game Night only has 1 unobtainable trophy on it because the servers closed, that trophy was for playing 1 online match hahaha. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Course Designer and Proud Owner are the only trophies made unobtainable by the server closure, but the platinum takes a lot longer to get without any online features now. Hasbro Family Game Night only has 1 unobtainable trophy on it because the servers closed, that trophy was for playing 1 online match hahaha. 

1 Unobtainable trophy because of Server closure? That's stupid  :P. Oh wait, I just remembered that FIFA 15 has 1 unobtainable trophy, which is "Challenging" of course.

The first army of two game has 1 unobtainable trophy. Its becasue for one of the trophies you have to draw a mask on a site. But the mask maker is gone

The first army of two game has 1 unobtainable trophy. Its becasue for one of the trophies you have to draw a mask on a site. But the mask maker is gone

Oh, that's bad  :facepalm:. Those are one of the worst things developers made to their games...

You've had good developers only promising to keep servers open to a certain date, this date known from when you started your game, greeted with the date etc, just for the servers to still currently be up 5 years after this date.

Edited by MMDE

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

such is the fate of most online server games, its sad :(.

there's countless other games i could list on the top of my head that has a plat that is locked off upon shutdown:

the next ones being the disney infinity games or even motorstorm pacific rift.

9 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

such is the fate of most online server games, its sad :(.

there's countless other games i could list on the top of my head that has a plat that is locked off upon shutdown:

the next ones being the disney infinity games or even motorstorm pacific rift.

Huh? The servers for Pacific Rift were shut down ages ago...

I

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 10:08 AM, TheYuriG said:

It did with Borderlands 1, but they didn't have the intention to close it on the first place. I think GTA4 and RDR also had a brief moment of fuckup.

I think GameSpy going tits up was the reason for the outage of RDR and presumably GTA4 as well that's why they brought the servers back because they also were not intentional

• 2 weeks later...