Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RvJay11

Is there a chance for server to re-open?

55 posts in this topic

No if you only read the whole post I did.. I said: NFS Most Wanted sold 16mln units. It's a game not a series. The comparation is: Gran Turismo 5 (10mln) and NFS Most Wanted (16mln). Enough?

Well, the GT5 sales estimate actually says over 10 million and that was in May of 2013, while the GT has been for sale and selling since then. But I suppose I can let you win this round.

OP: No GT5 server is not opening ever again. GT6 will probably shut down when GT7 comes out as well in case you need some warning.

lesson i learn from this and for the future is to always get all online trophies first, the rest after

No way that the servers come back online again, I found a petition on internet but it failed :rolleyes: .

Edited by VirtualNight

Sorry to bump the thread but it's rumoured Gran Turismo 5 could be free with plus this August, if so fingers crossed the servers will be re-opened (doubt it though :()

Sorry to bump the thread but it's rumoured Gran Turismo 5 could be free with plus this August, if so fingers crossed the servers will be re-opened (doubt it though :()

2 stupidly easy online trophies which are most likely locked forever. Such a shame. Keeping my fingers crossed too but it's not gonna happen.

It's more likely to be Gran Turismo 6 that is offered for free with PS+ than Gran Turismo 5, they closed GT5 because they wanted more people to play GT6 instead, that's why after the GT5 servers closed there was a period where people were offered some decent cars for GT6 soon after the GT5 servers closed. 

There's no digital version of GT5, so it would be a debut... and they wouldn't waste time with a game like this. Hell, they released digital copies of Resistance 1 and 2 and then "forgot" to release them in the States.

Also there's a rumor about Yakuza 5 (proper August game) so take everything with a grain of salt. It's just either one of them or two indie thingies. Where does the GT5 rumor originate from?

IMO, Gran Turismo 5 is a great game. The servers for this game deserve to be re-opened (although it may never happen). There are only two trophies and the servers are down? I've never seen a game (apart from FIFA 14) with less than 2 unobtainable trophies. It is weird, though.

IMO, Gran Turismo 5 is a great game. The servers for this game deserve to be re-opened (although it may never happen). There are only two trophies and the servers are down? I've never seen a game (apart from FIFA 14) with less than 2 unobtainable trophies. It is weird, though.

Yeah, Course Designer and Proud Owner are the only trophies made unobtainable by the server closure, but the platinum takes a lot longer to get without any online features now. Hasbro Family Game Night only has 1 unobtainable trophy on it because the servers closed, that trophy was for playing 1 online match hahaha. 

Yeah, Course Designer and Proud Owner are the only trophies made unobtainable by the server closure, but the platinum takes a lot longer to get without any online features now. Hasbro Family Game Night only has 1 unobtainable trophy on it because the servers closed, that trophy was for playing 1 online match hahaha. 

1 Unobtainable trophy because of Server closure? That's stupid  :P. Oh wait, I just remembered that FIFA 15 has 1 unobtainable trophy, which is "Challenging" of course.

The first army of two game has 1 unobtainable trophy. Its becasue for one of the trophies you have to draw a mask on a site. But the mask maker is gone

The first army of two game has 1 unobtainable trophy. Its becasue for one of the trophies you have to draw a mask on a site. But the mask maker is gone

Oh, that's bad  :facepalm:. Those are one of the worst things developers made to their games...

WTF? The 1st Army of Two game doesn't even have trophies...

WTF? The 1st Army of Two game doesn't even have trophies...

oh whoops my bad I thought the 40th day was the first one

oh whoops my bad I thought the 40th day was the first one

Yeah, and trophy that needs a connection to a website or social media is BS IMO. Facebook, Twitter, or whatever. not cool at all!

AAAAAAND it's debunked as Yakuza 5 is the big PS3 title next month.

I really hope they re open the servers for GT5 again. Even though I already have the platinum in this game, it is just a unique online and for some reason I just enjoyed it more than GT6. Oh well, GT6 will do for now.

You've had good developers only promising to keep servers open to a certain date, this date known from when you started your game, greeted with the date etc, just for the servers to still currently be up 5 years after this date.

Edited by MMDE

I can earn the plat If I wanted since I got the online trophies, but the game is no joke. Some challenges are really hard.

id say no usually when they close the servers to anything its RIP :'(

At this rate Polyphony can barely keep their GT6 servers up, sadly, I do not think it will happen

such is the fate of most online server games, its sad :(.

there's countless other games i could list on the top of my head that has a plat that is locked off upon shutdown:

the next ones being the disney infinity games or even motorstorm pacific rift.

9 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

such is the fate of most online server games, its sad :(.

there's countless other games i could list on the top of my head that has a plat that is locked off upon shutdown:

the next ones being the disney infinity games or even motorstorm pacific rift.

Huh? The servers for Pacific Rift were shut down ages ago...