Is there a chance for server to re-open?

RvJay11

9 hours ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

How is 76+ Million sales considered "shitty"? And "shitty" games? That's your opinion but some would argue GT5 is one of the if not the, greatest racing game ever made. Mabey if you didn't hack the fuck out of GT5 it would have been more enjoyable for you. Either that or you are still salty that GT6 resulted in your ps3 getting corrupted before you proceeded to go and cry on the PlayStation Community forums? 

LOL, ownage! Thanks for the final tip.

• 4 years later...

Honestly I would really hope they patch the online trophies or reopen the server for a period of time for us to get the online trophies, anywhere we could reach out to them? Although the chance is almost 0 but I hope they will consider about it if we have more players to make the request, same to the incident when sony decided to close down ps3 psn store earlier.

I like GT5 and GT6 quite much, and really hope to platinum them one day, they have the best lounge music to me.

Edited by Kjhohz
  • Like 2

Servers won't be back unfortunately. It's very rare for devs to bring servers back online once they are shut off. They couldn't care less about a decade old game let alone trophy hunters looking to nab a trophy or two. You'll have more luck getting struck by lightning. This is why you should always try to do online trophies first. PS3 game servers seem to be closing without warning nowadays. Can't be too careful... 

Edited by z99f
  • Like 4

Too bad back in the days I never know or care about trophies when playing as a kid, and not even gaining exposure to the gaming community forum or info about online server are being closed. Well I don’t think they will bring the server back either, but I do hope they update with the online trophies as they are easy and effortless trophies. It is sad that you can’t platinum a great game just because of the easy online trophies.

It may sounds naive, but hope they may consider about it if there are enough players who request the developer to update the trophies. I guess it will not take much time/effort/money to update the trophies, and as the company is still active I still hope there is a chance. Who knows what will happen as you can see PS3 still receives system update in 2021.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kjhohz said:

Too bad back in the days I never know or care about trophies when playing as a kid, and not even gaining exposure to the gaming community forum or info about online server are being closed. Well I don’t think they will bring the server back either, but I do hope they update with the online trophies as they are easy and effortless trophies. It is sad that you can’t platinum a great game just because of the easy online trophies.

It may sounds naive, but hope they may consider about it if there are enough players who request the developer to update the trophies. I guess it will not take much time/effort/money to update the trophies, and as the company is still active I still hope there is a chance. Who knows what will happen as you can see PS3 still receives system update in 2021.

PS3 updates are only for bluray keys and to stop exploits nowadays :(

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, ggustavo_sousa said:

Recently, lobby mode has been revived by the community with Nenkai as leader.

https://youtu.be/ONO-bTnlmbU

Only for traditional online modes, as GT5's online trophies are photo and track upload only.

Even if there is a possibility, Nenkai methods require modified consoles, just for that reason it would no longer be accepted here regardless of having open source.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LucasDragon570 said:

Only for traditional online modes, as GT5's online trophies are photo and track upload only.

Even if there is a possibility, Nenkai methods require modified consoles, just for that reason it would no longer be accepted here regardless of having open source.

27 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Just means it won't be allowed to be used on here. Same with any other private server that requires custom firmware to be able to use.

Ok. It's fair to not count these trophies after May of 31st, 2014, since the server is non-official one. Just for who wants to play it online for fun and competition.

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Just means it won't be allowed to be used on here. Same with any other private server that requires custom firmware to be able to use.

CFW is not a requirement to be forbidden here. Just being closed source is enough. Look at Pacific Rift and Warhawk.

15 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

well if nenkai somehow finds a way to let the game connect to the custom server with a dns swap for ofw or finds an alternative it should be fine since it's gonna be open source too but idk if sony bans people for making custom servers although I haven't heard of anybody getting banned for it

• 4 weeks later...

There are so many nice & big SONY games on PS3 those need to re-open online servers because :

1 - SONY must respect to old & new customers equal

2 - Serious players want to complete their Trophy lists

3 - Usually old players are more loyal to company

4 - So many players want to experience online multiplayer mode on SONY games

Some games those need online back :

1 - The Last of Us

2 - Uncharted 2 & 3

3 - Killzone 2 & 3

5 - Resistance 1 & 2 & 3

6 - Little Big Planet 1 & 2 & 3

Gran Turismo 5 & 6

MotorStorm (all)

Demons Souls

Playstation Home

i created a petition for that :

https://chng.it/MF4DMxKj9k

These games are old and light compare to 9th gen games, so SONY can create another servers for such old games

These kind of servers is not expensive now or maybe they could make it alive by PS5 new backward compatibility or according PS Now or PS Plus Premium servers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iman_generous said:

There are so many nice & big SONY games on PS3 those need to re-open online servers because :

1 - SONY must respect to old & new customers equal

2 - Serious players want to complete their Trophy lists

3 - Usually old players are more loyal to company

4 - So many players want to experience online multiplayer mode on SONY games

Some games those need online back :

1 - The Last of Us

2 - Uncharted 2 & 3

3 - Killzone 2 & 3

5 - Resistance 1 & 2 & 3

6 - Little Big Planet 1 & 2 & 3

Gran Turismo 5 & 6

MotorStorm (all)

Demons Souls

Playstation Home

i created a petition for that :

https://chng.it/MF4DMxKj9k

These games are old and light compare to 9th gen games, so SONY can create another servers for such old games

These kind of servers is not expensive now or maybe they could make it alive by PS5 new backward compatibility or according PS Now or PS Plus Premium servers

You can use PSONE server for MotorStorm 1 and Resistance: Fall of Man.

Don't use it with the other games though. You can also recover the lost game updates for these two games.

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Puede utilizar el servidor PSONE para MotorStorm 1 y Resistance: Fall of Man.

Sin embargo, no lo uses con los otros juegos. También puede recuperar las actualizaciones de juegos perdidos para estos dos juegos.

So, has no one yet given the task of reviving the game without a modified console?

Edited by Wabo_RockyXD

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance that Polyphony re-opens the servers for GT5 and GT6?

- Absolutely no.

Any chance that custom servers can come to life for GT5 and GT6?

- Definitely doable if the working team has the necessary snapshots to emulate the behavior of the servers and create their own custom servers.

Although there’s a public repo on GitHub, that project is still W.I.P. and is heavily discouraged for any type of usage. Another thing to mention is that any work done for the project by the team will be kept private until the project is finished and ready to deploy.

We shall see what awaits us in the future… 

• 2 months later...

Would absolutely love it if someone could create a custom server that will tell a normal PS3 that it has indeed accepted a photo and track upload.  Whatever the minimum feedback the PS3 needs to hear back to accept that it has uploaded the photo. Such a thing should surely be simple enough to be easily open source and approved here. Wish I had the know-how. I'd definitely try and make something like that happen.

It really bums me out that had to make it so the trophy checks for a successful upload. Wish they'd made it so just taking the picture and maybe just clicking upload counted. What a needless unobtainable platinum :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1