Driveclub Bikes Trophy Discussion

x9zachattack5x

As a fan of Driveclub, this interests me! I'm surprised it's its own thing with a platinum. But basically, it's just Driveclub (the same tracks, etc) but with bikes instead? lol

Also, it looks like Sony was smart enough to wait to publish the trophy list after the press conference this time (remember Entwined?) xD

I imagine it'll have over 100 trophies eventually. :P

lol pretty much!

• Like 1

Currently I can't buy it the expansion. It says I don't own the game :lol:

Edit: I'll restore my license and see if that works

Edit: Nope, didn't work for me. Sony doesn't want my money today xD

Edit: Sony fixed it, played some, loving it.

Edited by The-Sigma-Alpha

>Wake up

>>Jump on my news site

>>>Sees something called "Driveclub Bikes" has been announced

>>>>Oh, it's an expansion or standalone, I love those

>>>Oh, it's "reduced" to 23 bucks because I'm a member of the original's community

>>Comes here, oh, it has it's own list and new plat and everything and it's not just DLC so it's actually probably of substantial length

>Well, I'm buying a PSN card when I head out later

Also that's lame, I can't buy the standalone version because I have the original version. Dick move, I'd prefer to have both independent of eachother.

Question - Apparently this will be available as either a standalone or an expansion to the main game. If you choose to get it as an expansion does that mean no trophies?

I'm scared now. I might wait a day or two to buy it. God I love these threads, always make me realise stuff that should have hit me but didn't until it was too late, cheers.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 1

>Wake up

>>Jump on my news site

>>>Sees something called "Driveclub Bikes" has been announced

>>>>Oh, it's an expansion or standalone, I love those

>>>Oh, it's "reduced" to 23 bucks because I'm a member of the original's community

>>Comes here, oh, it has it's own list and new plat and everything and it's not just DLC so it's actually probably of substantial length

>Well, I'm buying a PSN card when I head out later

Also that's lame, I can't buy the standalone version because I have the original version. Dick move, I'd prefer to have both independent of eachother.

I'm scared now. I might wait a day or two to buy it. God I love these threads, always make me realise stuff that should have hit me but didn't until it was too late, cheers.

Question - Apparently this will be available as either a standalone or an expansion to the main game. If you choose to get it as an expansion does that mean no trophies?

i bought the expansion version and i have the full trophy list !

• Like 3

i bought the expansion version and i have the full trophy list !

Thanks man, I thought it would be, given that the Bikes trophies weren't added to the original game's list, but you can never be too sure.

I'll go pick up a 10 buck voucher (and add it to the 13 left on my account) and grab the game on Friday. Guess I'll be reinstalling the game sooner than I thought I'd be, the expansion requires the original game to be installed I assume.

Edit: Also, congrats on your 100th platinum in advance, whether it's on this game or not.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

I'm thinking Unconventional Overtake might be easier in a MP boost than AI

Just do a race with maximum opponents with the AI set to Rookie on a circuit course. First corner, come in hot and do a stoppie. You'll pass like 3 or 4 riders because they bunch up at the corner. Very easy.

As for the game: it is an expansion so if you own the original game it is just a menu selection to go racing in the cars or on a bike. Standalone, I imagine the same minus the cars option. The game is a lot of fun so far! The one trophy that will give people trouble is the time trial, it took me almost two hours to beat the lap time, but I became quite good at the handling in the process.

Just do a race with maximum opponents with the AI set to Rookie on a circuit course. First corner, come in hot and do a stoppie. You'll pass like 3 or 4 riders because they bunch up at the corner. Very easy.

As for the game: it is an expansion so if you own the original game it is just a menu selection to go racing in the cars or on a bike. Standalone, I imagine the same minus the cars option. The game is a lot of fun so far! The one trophy that will give people trouble is the time trial, it took me almost two hours to beat the lap time, but I became quite good at the handling in the process.

Agree, only one that stuck out to me, but I imagine the original DC vets will be accustomed to this small grind for a time trial ;)

Edit: I just buy this and am little excited to see what's up, sadly I must work extra hours today. 

Edited by LiNSiCKeL
  • Like 1

I didn't get on with the original DC, but I am really tempted to give it another go. 

DCBikes sounds really fun. I know it's a different style of racing game to MotoGP but I actually really enjoyed the Vita MotoGP game we got on PS+ last year. I'm very tempted to play this. 

And good work at keeping it under wraps almost until the conference. Damned ratings boards leak the game again!