Project Platinum: Assassin's Creed

SkyesUnholy

• 2 weeks later...

So I see that the requirements changed (clearly over a month late to the party) but can someone explain to me why you have to plat Revelations and Brotherhood again? I understand there isn't multiplayer in the new ones, but aren't they the same game. Couldn't it just be like a special award to those who did them on PS3? Because I got to be honest, the idea of platting those games twice just because there isn't multiplayer in one kinda kills any motivation for me to be in this. I don't mean this in a mean way, I just really do not see the point, it's the same game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

So I see that the requirements changed (clearly over a month late to the party) but can someone explain to me why you have to plat Revelations and Brotherhood again? I understand there isn't multiplayer in the new ones, but aren't they the same game. Couldn't it just be like a special award to those who did them on PS3? Because I got to be honest, the idea of platting those games twice just because there isn't multiplayer in one kinda kills any motivation for me to be in this. I don't mean this in a mean way, I just really do not see the point, it's the same game.

The games are the same but the plat requirements most certainly aren't making them 2 different achievements. You can make 2 separate lists for the same game but the requirements can be either easy or grueling...this is sorta the case with the Brotherhood and Revelations games.
Both games removing the MP gave them vastly different requirements to plat. I'll use myself as an example.

I didn't plat Brotherhood on the PS3. That MP is a nightmare. I did however plat it with ease on the ps4. Those who platted it on the PS3 had different requirements and put in far more effort than me. I got the plat on Revelations on the PS3 even though it has MP and it was easy. The PS4 version however requires the Lost Archive dlc and it nearly made me give up because of 1 specific trophy which is by and far more ridiculous than anything the series has thrown at me imo.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

On terça-feira, 13 de Dezembro de 2016 at 3:32 PM, colinmazzini said:

Same reason with Liberation, TC thinks that since they're different both should be required, I think it's stupid to buy and plat the same game again just because of a couple of different trophies and it's even less necessary when this PP has a grade above Plat rank that was created especially for situations like these, for those that are willing to go the extra mile, but it's TC's call, if this is what he wants we have to acept it, if we don't we don't need to be a part of it and we can just leave. It's weird why the same can't be aplied to the Chronicles Trilogy though, since one of the games has a different trophy list in that when compared to the individual list...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:29 PM, dave19992007 said:
Please sign me up as a Veteran

I have completed these 7 platinums
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Status update, I made it back to Veteran rank, Completed 10 Platinums

Assassin's Creed II (PS3)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3)

Assassin's Creed III (PS3)

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (Vita)

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (PS3)

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Assassin's Creed Unity

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed new requirements for the platinum amount and i can rise up to :silver:Disciple because i have the following platinums:

Assassin's Creed II (PS3): Plat on Jul 1st 2014

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3): Feb 1st 2016

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3): Feb 5th 2016

Assassin's Creed III: Plat on Feb 15th 2016

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3): Apr 22nd 2016

Sadly instead of going higher to Gold, i can barely stay within Silver with these many different games here :(

I need more AC games -_-:D

Edit: I have the requirements for the Special Award as i have completed Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) to 100% :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I've got my Long Live the Creed rank back after at least a year :D

Also, I don't mind, myself, but couldn't getting 100% in the PS3 versions of Brotherhood and Revelations mean you don't need to do the PS4 ones? If you've done the DLC in those games, you've done the new trophies required for platinum in the remasters.

But I don't think 100%ing all three standalone Chronicles games should count because there's a difference in the lists. You're required to get max score in every India level for the Chronicles platinum. The standalone version just requires you complete the game with any score.

• Like 1

Thread has been updated. Welcome to the new participants of the PP and congrats to everyone who ranked up :D

Now on to some important news; I have been strongly considering updating the requirements from the currently loathed requirements to only needing one version of a game's platinum, regardless of a differing trophy set. My reasoning for these thoughts is that I want the PP to continue to thrive and not die out/become boring, and for gamers who are interested in this PP to not feel burdened if they feel like they need to force themselves through playing games again when the initial idea for this PP was to have fun playing through a series they adore.

The proposed new requirements would look like this:

Long Live the Creed (Bonus tier): Earn 100% completion (including DLC) in every game in the series!*

Master Assassin: Earn every platinum in the series! (10 platinums in total)

Veteran: Earn 7 platinums in the series.**

Disciple: Earn 4 platinums in the series.**

Recruit: Earn 1 platinum in the series.

Subject 18: Earn any one trophy from any game in the series.

And the proposed new required games would look like this:

Assassin's Creed II (PS3 OR PS4)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3 OR PS4)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3 OR PS4)

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (PSVita OR PS3)

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3 OR PS4)

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Assassin's Creed Unity

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (PS4 OR PSVitaOR full 100% completion of all 3 of the separate trophy lists;

Special Award:

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (PS3 / PS4)

What makes this difficult to implement, if I were to implement, is that there are literally hundreds of participants. And since I like to have everyone's platinum count accurate, this would become a chore to confirm everyone's platinum count meeting the new requirements - more so, on top of my already limited free time.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts, whether they agree or disagree, and we would go from there to see what direction the PP goes in and maybe how to implement my above proposal in the future.

• Like 1

Ive got

Assassins Creed II

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed Revelation

Assassins Creed III

Assassins Creed Liberation HD

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag (Ps3)

Assassins Creed Rogue

Assassins Creed Unity

The other two i still have to finish

Edited by maurjen

44 minutes ago, SkyesUnholy said:

Thread has been updated. Welcome to the new participants of the PP and congrats to everyone who ranked up :D

Now on to some important news; I have been strongly considering updating the requirements from the currently loathed requirements to only needing one version of a game's platinum, regardless of a differing trophy set. My reasoning for these thoughts is that I want the PP to continue to thrive and not die out/become boring, and for gamers who are interested in this PP to not feel burdened if they feel like they need to force themselves through playing games again when the initial idea for this PP was to have fun playing through a series they adore.

Long Live the Creed (Bonus tier): Earn 100% completion (including DLC) in every game in the series!*

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Assassin's Creed Unity

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (PS4 OR PSVitaOR full 100% completion of all 3 of the separate trophy lists;

Special Award:

What makes this difficult to implement, if I were to implement, is that there are literally hundreds of participants. And since I like to have everyone's platinum count accurate, this would become a chore to confirm everyone's platinum count meeting the new requirements - more so, on top of my already limited free time.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts, whether they agree or disagree, and we would go from there to see what direction the PP goes in and maybe how to implement my above proposal in the future.

You know I've been hoping for this myself since the start and IMO is the best way to go, those that don't want to double dip won't be stuck on an incomplete list, and those that do will be able to pride themself of being on a tier above everyone else. But like I said before it is your PP and in the end it should be how you feel it should be.

If you do chose to go with the changes maybe some of the most active members here could help you put together a list with everyone so it won't all fall on your shoulders?!

7 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

<snip>

As someone who has no intention of getting the Platinum in AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations for PS3 because of the awful MP trophies, but who has the PS4 trilogy pack, I support this proposed change. I don't care about my completion rate at all (for me it's more about getting 100%/Platinums in games I like, not finishing games just to have a good completion rate, and I won't bother to switch profiles, etc... I think my single profile more accurately depicts my gaming habits), but as a bonus I played the 3 Ezio games on PC, so I don't have any trophies for PS3. 

I do think it's important to highlight the achievement of those people who did get Platinums for both platforms though. I am assuming the "Long Live the Creed" bonus only applies to people completing both PS3 and PS4 versions of Brotherhood and Revelations? 

Getting closer to my main goal to finish ALL Assassin's Creed games! I did finish Syndicate previous week. Next months I will focus on AC Ezio trilogy for PS4. 

To do:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4)

Assassin's Creed III (PS3)

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS3)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PSVita)

Done:

Assassin's Creed II (PS3)

Assassin's Creed II (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3)
Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (PSVita)
Assassin's Creed Liberation HD (PS3)

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3)

Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India (PS4)

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (PS3)

Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (PS4)

Edited by Corcevado

13 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Assassin's Creed Unity

Special Award:

I would vote for the status quo, specifically on Brotherhood and Revelations, for three reasons.

1. The trophy lists between the PS3 and PS4 versions aren't the same.

2. Getting a platinum for PS3 Brotherhood is a whole different animal to take on vs. the PS4 version.  PS3 platinum is ultra rare (4.6%) compared to 30% on the PS4. Yeah, the MP is a bitch but after all the work put into earning it, it's also one of the most satisfying platinums I have.  There is CLEARLY a whole lot more work you need to do for PS3 Bro than PS4.

3. This thread is for the real fans of the series. Only the most ardent gamers are going to play through the whole franchise.  You think you're elite? Earn them all!

BTW - I'm arguing against myself if the changes go into effect. I would benefit with Liberation bc I dont have a Vita.  But there's no way I would feel I was on equal footing with people who did it on the Vita, given the headaches the MP had with it.  

18 hours ago, SkyesUnholy said:

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Assassin's Creed Unity

Special Award:

I will be honest, I legitimately clicked on this thread to unfollow it because I realized I am never going to play brotherhood or revelations on ps4. The idea of having to do it again actually turned me off of trying to complete the series at all, as I do have a version of every assassins creed game (don't look at my poor standings right now). The idea though that you could do one or the other sounds great to me. Some one else mentioned that the mp makes the difference but I don't care at all. Yes I did abstergo employee of the month, but do I need credit for it? No. Do I wish it on anyone else? No, not even a little bit. I guess I always viewed these project platinum as a way to get the whole story in a series, and just one of each title gets you there. I am a big fan of the proposed changes.

15 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

BTW - I'm arguing against myself if the changes go into effect. I would benefit with Liberation bc I dont have a Vita.  But there's no way I would feel I was on equal footing with people who did it on the Vita, given the headaches the MP had with it.  

Vita Liberation MP is no comparison to the PS3 games or Black Flag. Even AC3 (which is pretty lenient with MP trophies) takes longer. You can do the Vita Liberation MP while you're watching TV or movies, all you need to do is tap every once in a while. Hell, judging from smartphone games, people actually enjoy doing that tedious activity as long as the graphics are pretty enough (to be fair, in Liberation, they aren't enticing at all in MP). 

On 30/01/2017 at 9:50 PM, Devil_Spooky said:

You know I've been hoping for this myself since the start and IMO is the best way to go, those that don't want to double dip won't be stuck on an incomplete list, and those that do will be able to pride themself of being on a tier above everyone else. But like I said before it is your PP and in the end it should be how you feel it should be.

If you do chose to go with the changes maybe some of the most active members here could help you put together a list with everyone so it won't all fall on your shoulders?!

That would be very helpful if others want to lend a hand. Maybe a shared editable Google Doc could be made under the template of the OP. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier if the PSN names would be listed under their new requirements, and then I could just edit the OP, Ctrl-F the PSN names, make the respective changes, and work my way down the list.

On 31/01/2017 at 4:09 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

As someone who has no intention of getting the Platinum in AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations for PS3 because of the awful MP trophies, but who has the PS4 trilogy pack, I support this proposed change. I don't care about my completion rate at all (for me it's more about getting 100%/Platinums in games I like, not finishing games just to have a good completion rate, and I won't bother to switch profiles, etc... I think my single profile more accurately depicts my gaming habits), but as a bonus I played the 3 Ezio games on PC, so I don't have any trophies for PS3. 

I do think it's important to highlight the achievement of those people who did get Platinums for both platforms though. I am assuming the "Long Live the Creed" bonus only applies to people completing both PS3 and PS4 versions of Brotherhood and Revelations? 

Yes, Long Live the Creed is to platinum every version of every game (excluding multiple regional trophy lists, if any)

On 31/01/2017 at 10:51 AM, PerryToxteth said:

I would vote for the status quo, specifically on Brotherhood and Revelations, for three reasons.

1. The trophy lists between the PS3 and PS4 versions aren't the same.

2. Getting a platinum for PS3 Brotherhood is a whole different animal to take on vs. the PS4 version.  PS3 platinum is ultra rare (4.6%) compared to 30% on the PS4. Yeah, the MP is a bitch but after all the work put into earning it, it's also one of the most satisfying platinums I have.  There is CLEARLY a whole lot more work you need to do for PS3 Bro than PS4.

3. This thread is for the real fans of the series. Only the most ardent gamers are going to play through the whole franchise.  You think you're elite? Earn them all!

I understand point 1 and 2 because they were what the thread was initially built upon and I actually still have the same belief, but I want more people to enjoy themselves with actually playing the series, especially since there's 10 distinct games with platinums with surely more to come. For point 3, that's what the bonus Platinum rank is catered for. Feel free to keep discussing your thoughts though, I'm not trying to squander your opinion or anything :)

On 31/01/2017 at 3:25 PM, colinmazzini said:

I will be honest, I legitimately clicked on this thread to unfollow it because I realized I am never going to play brotherhood or revelations on ps4. The idea of having to do it again actually turned me off of trying to complete the series at all, as I do have a version of every assassins creed game (don't look at my poor standings right now). The idea though that you could do one or the other sounds great to me. Some one else mentioned that the mp makes the difference but I don't care at all. Yes I did abstergo employee of the month, but do I need credit for it? No. Do I wish it on anyone else? No, not even a little bit. I guess I always viewed these project platinum as a way to get the whole story in a series, and just one of each title gets you there. I am a big fan of the proposed changes.

Precisely my intentions when I said "My reasoning for these thoughts is that I want the PP to continue to thrive and not die out/become boring, and for gamers who are interested in this PP to not feel burdened if they feel like they need to force themselves through playing games again when the initial idea for this PP was to have fun playing through a series they adore".  I want you fellow gamers to have fun! :D

• Like 1