Far Cry Primal to be single player only?

ShadowStar83x

The multiplayer in Far Cry is pretty cool, however, it's ridiculously broken. (It was when I played on Far Cry 4 anyway)

All I can say to this is that it's good news. I just hope now, how big Far Cry has become they don't start milking it like Ubi seem to do with other series.

Edited by Meacham93

so no co-op either? hm. i agree with meachem that FC4's multiplayer is broken, at least when i played it too, but it was admittedly a lot of stupid fun just messing around with a friend in the open world. would like to still see co-op, but won't be a deal breaker in the least bit. i prefer my games single player anyway.

That's a breath of fresh air! So many games nowadays have a multiplayer or co-op function tacked on at the end and while sometimes they are enjoyable, it can be unnecessary. Usually means mandatory online trophies too which eventually are at the mercy of server shutdowns, so I see this as a win.

I'm happy there's no multiplayer. Hopefully the single player should benefit and be awesome. This is the first Far Cry I'm even remotely interested in. Need to see more before I decide to get it though, hopefully it authentic as it can be, in terms of history and they don't add random crap like the towers they need to have in every goddamn title they make.

If this is true, then YAY!  I hate MP and while some coop modes (like ME3) can be fun, I'd prefer not to deal with the hassle.  FC3 coop was enjoyable, but finding enough people who didn't drop to play through them with was a huge challenge.  I always welcome SP only games.

Yes I am.

I think you're comparing the terms "full entry" and "spin-off" incorrectly. The way I see it so many games can be both. Primal uses the license of Far Cry, but it ditches some of the game's mechanics (such as the guns themselves) to make it into its own game as well. It is a "full entry" but using that as a term to try to make it different from a spin-off doesn't really make sense to me. Mario Kart, Sonic Colors and even FC3: Blood Dragon are also full entries of their franchises, but they're also spin-offs at the same time because their gameplay isn't quite like the rest of the games in their franchises. I believe that neither fans or Ubisoft would call this Far Cry 5; Primal is still a spin-off to me.

Don't think it'd be full price and retail if it wasn't.

What does the price and retail release have to do with it being a spin off?

I think you're comparing the terms "full entry" and "spin-off" incorrectly. The way I see it so many games can be both. Primal uses the license of Far Cry, but it ditches some of the game's mechanics (such as the guns themselves) to make it into its own game as well. It is a "full entry" but using that as a term to try to make it different from a spin-off doesn't really make sense to me. Mario Kart, Sonic Colors and even FC3: Blood Dragon are also full entries of their franchises, but they're also spin-offs at the same time because their gameplay isn't quite like the rest of the games in their franchises. I believe that neither fans or Ubisoft would call this Far Cry 5; Primal is still a spin-off to me.

Probably the reason you mentioned: not comparing full entry and spin off correctly.

So by that logic, I'm guessing a game like Advanced Warfare is a spin off because it has different gameplay than all the other CODS? What about Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Is that a spin off because it has Naval Battles that weren't in the other games?

So by that logic, I'm guessing a game like Advanced Warfare is a spin off because it has different gameplay than all the other CODS? What about Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Is that a spin off because it has Naval Battles that weren't in the other games?

Well now, getting right down to what is and isn't a spin off might be harder than I thought.

You're right in some ways, but I wouldn't call Advanced Warfare a sequel to any Call of Duty game. It took the CoD license and the good things about the game and added in its own gameplay elements that changed how the player could maneuver around the maps.

The naval battles are just something added onto AC's core gameplay. It introduced players a different way to fight and still kept the old combat there.

Primal is a bit different. It actually removes the guns from combat entirely and will encourage something like a crafting system to make your own weapons and ammo. Ammo for whatever ranged weapon (let's say a bow) will likely be more scarce to so that might encourage the use of melee weapons as well. I think Primal will be a "full entry" to the Far Cry series in its own right but I'd still call it a spin off.

Well now, getting right down to what is and isn't a spin off might be harder than I thought.

You're right in some ways, but I wouldn't call Advanced Warfare a sequel to any Call of Duty game. It took the CoD license and the good things about the game and added in its own gameplay elements that changed how the player could maneuver around the maps.

The naval battles are just something added onto AC's core gameplay. It introduced players a different way to fight and still kept the old combat there.

Primal is a bit different. It actually removes the guns from combat entirely and will encourage something like a crafting system to make your own weapons and ammo. Ammo for whatever ranged weapon (let's say a bow) will likely be more scarce to so that might encourage the use of melee weapons as well. I think Primal will be a "full entry" to the Far Cry series in its own right but I'd still call it a spin off.

Aside from the fact that Black Flag has IV in the title... and Advanced Warfare could be considered a spiritual successor to Modern Warfare.

Crafting has been a part of Far Cry for some time now.