The Cooking/Baking Thread

CasaDeBen

So now tonight I decided to make sloppy joe cassarole. And my lord it turned out fantastic.

"http://i.imgur.com/cq18e7v.jpg?1"

That is looking mighty delicious! :holy:

It's pretty late for me to cook today but i just wanted to post so i can remember this thread later on xD I best be off this thread before i become more hungry....

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen. It has finally happened, an outlet for all your cooking. Whether they are greasy monstrosities or healthy specialties, this is the place to showcase your work.

I love to cook. Ive worked in kitchens for 8 years total and I have come up many awesome dishes. Sometimes I do flavour fusions like my butter chicken meatloaf with a curry gravy over mashed cauliflower. Quite possibly the craziest amazing chance I took.

So now tonight I decided to make sloppy joe cassarole. And my lord it turned out fantastic.

"http://i.imgur.com/cq18e7v.jpg?1"

I get what you're saying...

5667807388383197e142135ab3b8af12.gif

• Like 4

I just made bread rolls and three bean chili ^_^  No pictures though as we ate most of it up.

I adore baking and cooking, I don't really have any official training although I did do a home economics class in high school and I baked an awful lot with my Grandma when I was growing up.

My specialty is chocolate chip cookies and I tend to experiment with the base recipe (last time I made date and walnut cookies and they were so good)  Also make a pretty mean carrot cake - I've put it in spoilers due to the image being so large.  I even made the frosting (although more of it got eaten before going on the cake)

2m5RaEU.jpg

Edited by Rach
  • Like 2

I just made bread rolls and three bean chili ^_^  No pictures though as we ate most of it up.

I adore baking and cooking, I don't really have any official training although I did do a home economics class in high school and I baked an awful lot with my Grandma when I was growing up.

My specialty is chocolate chip cookies and I tend to experiment with the base recipe (last time I made date and walnut cookies and they were so good)  Also make a pretty mean carrot cake - I've put it in spoilers due to the image being so large.  I even made the frosting (although more of it got eaten before going on the cake)

wMuIPun.jpg

Are those carrot hearts?

Hey as long as it is tasty it doesn't matter......Speaking of which when can I expect a slice dood? ;)

Sadly, we ate it all.

I'm going to attempt to make a pumpkin pie for Halloween using our home grown pumpkins :)  

I've found that baking here in the USA has been a lot more successful than any of my UK bakes - everything is measured in cups here where in the UK it's all grams and kilograms.  I like the simplicity ^_^

• Like 1

well...............FUCK YAH! Ben!  :D 

that casserole of yours is a LEGIT......well, FLAVOURED FUSION!  :D  B) 

Glad to hear and know, that most of our fellow hunters here are -COOK-

I grew up being surrounded with 'Hardcore' cooks and kitchen aficionados, (my dad being a Chef)

So, the pressure to grew having the set of knowledge in cooking is a MUST!

House rules! a MAN who doesn't know how to cook, doesn't deserved to be in any table, may it be fine, casual or some bbq shit down the alley.

(again, those are just, my dad's house rules, so pls, don't ge me wrong, am just merely conveying the story behind).

I love taking pictures of my accomplished dishes and masterpiece per say. :D 

So expect some posting on those, Chef Ben!  B) 

Cheers!  :highfive: 

-Razgriz 

• Like 3

well...............FUCK YAH! Ben!  :D 

that casserole of yours is a LEGIT......well, FLAVOURED FUSION!  :D  B) 

Glad to hear and know, that most of our fellow hunters here are -COOK-

I grew up being surrounded with 'Hardcore' cooks and kitchen aficionados, (my dad being a Chef)

So, the pressure to grew having the set of knowledge in cooking is a MUST!

House rules! a MAN who doesn't know how to cook, doesn't deserved to be in any table, may it be fine, casual or some bbq shit down the alley.

(again, those are just, my dad's house rules, so pls, don't ge me wrong, am just merely conveying the story behind).

I love taking pictures of my accomplished dishes and masterpiece per say. :D 

So expect some posting on those, Chef Ben!  B) 

Cheers!  :highfive: 

-Razgriz 

Just you wait till bbq season comes back ;)

I love cooking! Usually I do some weird mixture of Italian, Austrian and Slovenian cuisine, but damn it, it's tasty (almost) every time. Even though people say that the food is tastier when someone else makes it, there is something cool in making your own food that actually tastes good. Or sometimes it's not very cool when you posion yourself, like I did two days ago  :lol:

I do like baking as well, but cookies are such a nightmare, that they bring me down everytime I try to make them. Seriously, I do every step of the recipe and they still either end up flat or they simply taste like I'm eating a chemistry project. So ... stay away from my cookies!

• 9 months later...

I've never had yorkshire pudding before but it looks freaking yummy. 

I didn't even know this thread exist. I'll have to share sometime. We are a cooking household as well. In fact, there's a pork butt in the slow cooker that we started before bed. Gonna have some pulled pork for lunch and dinner for a few days. 

• Like 1

Hoping to get some inspiration from the fellow cooks here as to what to do with leftover pumpkin (already got pie on my list, but anything else?)

Cut into small cubes and roast in the oven with some baby potatoes and season well with s&black pepper. Serve them as a side to your main, preferably meat for a perfect hearty dinner!. 

Top yorkshires; Always use lard in the pudding trays, and make sure it is red hot before putting your mix in (it should bubble with the heat on contact). Remember to slightly salt your batter and for the extra rise (for 'yorkshire skyscrapers'), let it rest for about 30-45mins after making it before you cook it. Cook on gas 7 for about 25min and try not to open the door to check!. :holy:

• Like 1

Most of my baking this week got put on hold due to hot temperatures, however I did make the cheese and pesto bread which got demolished before I could even take a picture -_-

As it was much cooler today I celebrated by making Blueberry Scones (picture below) and with the leftover heavy cream from the scones, made my own Alfredo sauce for delicious pasta dinner ^_^

14079646_1044973198957772_57531042745944

*nom nom nom*

Looks so yummy. Me want some!

• Like 1

Linking to this recipe for Chocolate-Banana Snack Cake:  http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chocolate-banana-snack-cake/7bcd4a29-3a9e-46da-b8c1-c2476a00a74c

Made them earlier as I had some bananas that were over ripe.  The cake was so delicious and moist...actually one of the best chocolate cake recipes I've made and husband nommed it down and said it was incredible (and he's not a big fan of cake)

• Like 1

Linking to this recipe for Chocolate-Banana Snack Cake:  http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chocolate-banana-snack-cake/7bcd4a29-3a9e-46da-b8c1-c2476a00a74c

Made them earlier as I had some bananas that were over ripe.  The cake was so delicious and moist...actually one of the best chocolate cake recipes I've made and husband nommed it down and said it was incredible (and he's not a big fan of cake)

Thanks for posting Rach :) Glad it got such an endorsement from your husband ^_^

• Like 1