Explain to me What I Did Wrong

It's my 1st play through without a guide any I seem to have screwed up pretty badly.

I'm currently at the beginning of Year 5 and I don't have the following done yet:

I don't have Hart Outpost at all, I never had to develop it. From what I read, I'm suppose to get two characters there right?

I don't have access to Airshatter or Modis Ruins even though I've triggered the Lizard Invasion scene. I was asked to make the Potion of Youth, but I don't know how to make it. All it says is for me to modify the elixir and I'm stuck at delivering Alchemy Lamps and Nimbus Stones for development quests but I can't make them because I don't know how to make them.

Is the Potion suppose to have certain traits or effects? Because I can't seem to get past the part where she has me making the Potion.

WTF IS WRONG WITH MY GAME!? Did I just screw up at every possible corner?

It looks like I might be getting the Admission Ceremony   ending, but I'm not sure because when I saw that scene on Youtube it had Gio in it and I totally screwed that up.

I can't make certain development items because I don't have the book to make them so I'm literally stuck on this quest to deliver Nimbus Stones. Do I just continue to keep my popularity up and finish the game and go by a guide on NG+? Can I get any other trophies? 

Edited by ISeeWutUDidThere

Gio's flags can only be moved forward in NG+. No other ways about it. Non recruitable in NG.

Also how did you miss Hart Outpost and you're in Year 5? You get access to that in Year 1 near the beginning. That's where Esty and Gio are.

You get Nimbus Stones from the Adventurer Recipe that you get automatically at Synth Level 20.. 

I never had the option of going to even make the Outpost. I know that I have to make deliveries to it with Kingdom Flags and Salutes, but I must of not choose to develop that area of the map. I have the mines and the volcano open but no Outpost.

And I seriously can not make either the Alchemy Lamp or Nimbus Stone. They don't even show up on my list of items to make (the Sky Flame at least doesn't) and I'm at the quest to deliver them and no amount of sleeping will open up new development quests. So I'm stuck at two quests I can't deliver and I'm pretty much just going around making sure my Popularity doesn't go down low enough.

Then with the Potion of Youth, It says to modify it..... and there's nothing to suggest what does it in game. The game gives you absolutely no direction on how to proceed.

Have you been grabbing the letters from your mailbox and returning them to Rufus?  If so some events should come up concerning Hart Outpost.  Specifically:

New Land Dev III - Outpost Path

Hart Outpost I - Monster Weapon

Hart Outpost I - Kingdom Flag

Hart Outpost I - Construct Outpost (deliver a magic stone)

If I remember correctly, following that and clearing out Eastern Passage should clear you to travel to Hart Outpost. 

Alchemy Lamp is at level 23.  Sky Flame is at level 20.  I believe Rufus gives you a recipe book which has Sky Flame in after you have done a certain amount of developments.

As for the Potion of Youth, this link might help you:

http://atelier.wikia.com/wiki/Potion_of_Youth

The potion of youth is tied to Astrid's events.  The guide here should show you which events you are missing:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/625209-atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland/faqs/64437?page=1

As Yadilie has said, you need Gio to be able to move his flags forward in NG+.  The guide I have linked above is awesome for help in NG+ 

Thanks I suppose. Going for the platinum for this has been a tough time for me. Not really a straight play the game and get titles type of thing, a lot more having to dick around with time management and triggering events at their proper times. It's beyond annoying without a guide at certain times you need to be at a certain area with a certain person in your party and they need to be a certain friendship level.

A bit unforgiving to say the least.

Thanks I suppose. Going for the platinum for this has been a tough time for me. Not really a straight play the game and get titles type of thing, a lot more having to dick around with time management and triggering events at their proper times. It's beyond annoying without a guide at certain times you need to be at a certain area with a certain person in your party and they need to be a certain friendship level.

A bit unforgiving to say the least.

Unforgiving? You should see Rorona and Totori :P

Meruru is forgiving more than enough =D

You can even get 3 years of nothing to do without any problems =D

• Like 1