Hidden Gem?

Auto-Tomato

Not sure if this game has just passed the community by, or maybe people didn't like the look of it, but having finally got my Plat I have to say I had a blast with this game.   Nice art style, fun combat and exploration (if a touch frustrating), secrets to discover, spells/weapons to upgrade, plenty of items, good boss fights, a decent cast of characters and some good humour.   The trophies give a little boost to replay value and offer a few challenges, and 15 bronze, 11 silver, 5 gold and a Plat isn't too shabby either.   

I know we're swamped with indies of various genres and quality...but this is a good one, fun game, and yet only 172 owners from this site...thought I'd give it a plug and recommend it, even if it's just to look out for it in a sale.   :)

Hmm, well its currently on sale right now for 3 bucks. Whats the gameplay like? Got a bit of a binding of isaac vibe from it. Also many hours would you say the plat took?

Top down, bullet hellish, rpg-ish, with a few puzzles and interconnecting map exploration, bit like Isaac, not on the same level but well worth 3 bucks I would think.   I had good fun with it.   There's a speed run trophy for finishing the game under 1hr 45mins, which isn't too hard, but does mean skipping a lot of the game.   With a guide maybe 2-3 hours, without maybe 4-5, there's quite a few well hidden collectibles in the game and the trophy for unlocking all doors needs to be carefully done.   I recommend it!  :)

• Like 1

Top down, bullet hellish, rpg-ish, with a few puzzles and interconnecting map exploration, bit like Isaac, not on the same level but well worth 3 bucks I would think.   I had good fun with it.   There's a speed run trophy for finishing the game under 1hr 45mins, which isn't too hard, but does mean skipping a lot of the game.   With a guide maybe 2-3 hours, without maybe 4-5, there's quite a few well hidden collectibles in the game and the trophy for unlocking all doors needs to be carefully done.   I recommend it!   :)

Meh, its 3 bucks I may aswell buy it. Looks like fun. 

• Like 1

Meh, its 3 bucks I may aswell buy it. Looks like fun. 

It is, btw those times probably aren't accurate, there's no way you're doing the speed run trophy and the others at the same time so I would say anything between 4-7 hrs to Plat, likely with a guide and being half decent at these type of games, there's very easy collectibles, and walls to bomb, to miss etc...   Tbh, I paid a lot more for it and I'm happy with it, was good fun and made me laugh a few times too. 

Thanks for the recommendation. Why don't you write the guide for it now that you've platted it?

Haha, no pressure there Stricken!  Lol  

I wouldn't have the time tbh, but there is a decent guide here:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/rack-n-ruin/271508-rack-n-ruin-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

It could do with a few tweaks here and there but for the most part it does the job, and I'd always be happy to answer any queries, as I would hope the 5 others who have managed the Plat would if they are regulars.   Small point, the guide says 10-14hrs, but I did the speed run in around 1hr20mins so add that to a regular game of I'd say a few hours if you've read the guide and planned well, then 4-7 probably more accurate if anyone is wanting to knock the Plat out quickly.  

Good game though, I had a good time with it and honestly was a bit surprised so few people had purchased it.   As I said, just thought it deserved a plug!  :D

To clarify something, I've only just discovered that the stats on this site are separated by region, hadn't realised that.   In the EU the game has 172 owners and 6 Plat achievers, however across the pond in the Americas, the game has 451 owners and 7 Plat achievers...

Doesn't make much difference, but just in case anyone is a little confused by the numbers I stated.  :) 

• 3 months later...

Looks pretty cool. How hard is this game? =P

EDIT:

It's not on sale here ?anymore?. It has a platinum, so if this was like 25-50% off, I'd totally buy it I think! :)

It's really a good and fun game, was on sale last month, so cheap actually, about 3 dollars.

Here's the new guide I hope you all like it and at some point give this game a chance

Rack n Ruin Trophy guide

• Like 2

It's really a good and fun game, was on sale last month, so cheap actually, about 3 dollars.

Here's the new guide I hope you all like it and at some point give this game a chance

Rack n Ruin Trophy guide

If disciple says it's good, it must be! After all, his plat collection is very impressive xD

I'll keep an eye on this game too :D

• Like 1