Has anyone gotten a puff puff before the end of the game?  I've been checking for it since I started the game, and have yet to even see one?  I'm this close to concluding you can't get a Puff puff until close to or even during the end game. 

I read somewhere that someone found a good way to farm them. I can't seem to find the source now to link it, but I'll try to relate what I remember.

They said to complete the game first. Then, go back into the advanced difficulty missions and cause yourself to be defeated. Repeat this about 5 times and someone in the pub should offer you a puff. If you decline the puff and go back into the mission to fail again, there's a chance a different character will offer you the puff. Once you claim the puff you'll need to repeat the process of losing 5 times in a row again to get another one.

Basically they described it as the game taking pity on you and giving you a somewhat of an edge for the next attempt.

I have yet to try this, so if someone has knowledge of this method please verify for us!

I read somewhere that someone found a good way to farm them. I can't seem to find the source now to link it, but I'll try to relate what I remember.

They said to complete the game first. Then, go back into the advanced difficulty missions and cause yourself to be defeated. Repeat this about 5 times and someone in the pub should offer you a puff. If you decline the puff and go back into the mission to fail again, there's a chance a different character will offer you the puff. Once you claim the puff you'll need to repeat the process of losing 5 times in a row again to get another one.

Basically they described it as the game taking pity on you and giving you a somewhat of an edge for the next attempt.

I have yet to try this, so if someone has knowledge of this method please verify for us!

I may need to try this once I pass the game, At this stage I have yet to have one and have talked to every member after each mission/side mission has finished

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to be entirely random, tried the dragon trick, tried the evac trick.  Just need Maya for my platinum, pretty much just bullshitting around and hoping for the event to start each time I am on the ship.  I absolutely hate totally random trophies, especially when there is no way of influencing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

in theory I got puff puff from all twice. including Psaro. but no trophy! I wonder if using alternate costumes is resetting some or all characters, or if there is an additional condition like character needs to be in your party. I searched everywhere for eventual glitches of this trophy but didn't find anything interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

in theory I got puff puff from all twice. including Psaro. but no trophy! I wonder if using alternate costumes is resetting some or all characters, or if there is an additional condition like character needs to be in your party. I searched everywhere for eventual glitches of this trophy but didn't find anything interesting.

I had all characters with alternate costumes.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone still having trouble try

"simply killing the original Green Dragon (inferno slash, flame slash: 5-10 seconds) and checking on my characters after each fight. I'd say I got a puff-puff 3 out of 5 times, sometimes more."

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried every time time after each single mission and I've never got a puff. Then after getting into the Shrine I had one after each single quest for 5 times. Now some even start to repeat it, but the 3 (missing still talk about the story. And I still have to get the last character I suppose (Psaro?).

• 11 months later...

I only have three puffs:

1. Jessica - I got hersbefore the end of the game, after the Darkling boss fight. I got hers two more time before the end of the game, always say yes. She has been in my party ever since she has joined the team with the exceptions of post game quest hunts that involve taking certain people on the quest. I have not done her quest line yet. No alternative costume received.

2. Mya - Mya came post final boss. Also always been in my team, turns into a dragon - uh yes please! Can not remember if I had her alt costume equipped or not.

3. Kiryl - Was in my party until I got Jessica. No alt costume and also came post game.

Jessica is the only one I have seen multiple times (3 to be exact).

All members have been in party for the finishing move trophy but my team the whole game was Aurora, Alena, Jessica and Mya. With Mya replacing Isla and Jessica replacing Kiryl. I still working on 100% quests, weapons/orbs, monsters, medals, getting party over level 50, Veteran kills, 50 grotto clearing, 100 accessories, make 50% and 100% accessory and King Slime. Still quite a bit to do so I am not worried about this one, hoping I can get it done though before the rest so I can focus on the game and not trying to remember to go into the tavern and talk to everyone.

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Well have every trophy now but this one. Need Bianca, Nera and Doric. Just can't seem to get them to pop. I have only needed just these 3 for about a week and half now I think. Hate RNG trophies.

I don't have it yet either but I am still doing the main story. I have the scenes for Doric, Isla and Jessica but that is the only party I have been using. How have you been grinding it out? Have you tried farming the "Fire Place" with a full party of people you have not Puff-Puffed with and talking to them every time you make it back to the ship?

Edited by skateak

54 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Well have every trophy now but this one. Need Bianca, Nera and Doric. Just can't seem to get them to pop. I have only needed just these 3 for about a week and half now I think. Hate RNG trophies.

Take them in your party, personally I'm not entirely sure it's necessary, and do the green dragon challenge. It's the first boss and you can literally kill it in like 2-3 seconds depending on your gear. After 5 times, that's the number I read to do it and so I did lol, of doing it a puff puff scene should appear. Problem is, it might not be someone in your party. Talk to everyone and just accept whoever gives it. 

On 8/27/2017 at 10:53 PM, skateak said:

I don't have it yet either but I am still doing the main story. I have the scenes for Doric, Isla and Jessica but that is the only party I have been using. How have you been grinding it out? Have you tried farming the "Fire Place" with a full party of people you have not Puff-Puffed with and talking to them every time you make it back to the ship?

I didn't notice they being in my party helping. Yes I got Jessica and Mya first and they were in my party but Alena has been in longer and she was one of my last ones (besides the three I am missing) and no I have not tried 'Fire Place'.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:02 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Take them in your party, personally I'm not entirely sure it's necessary, and do the green dragon challenge. It's the first boss and you can literally kill it in like 2-3 seconds depending on your gear. After 5 times, that's the number I read to do it and so I did lol, of doing it a puff puff scene should appear. Problem is, it might not be someone in your party. Talk to everyone and just accept whoever gives it. 

No haven't this trick either. From what I have understood, this is a RNG trophy, didn't know there was a trick to get a scene. 

4 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

No haven't this trick either. From what I have understood, this is a RNG trophy, didn't know there was a trick to get a scene. 

It is RNG, but this was the fastest way I read of being able to force puff puff scenes to appear and I can only say that it worked for me. Granted not every scene was for someone in my party, but eventually it got around to them. Like I said accept every scene even if the character has given it before. Eventually this trophy will pop.

Well hot damn. It seemed to have work. I didn't the five trick, I just went in and finished the fire place, maybe like 15-20 times. I got Doric and Nera within the first 6. Just had to reset the RNG faster or something, though once I got the weapons/orb trophy thought I was resetting fast enough by just evacing but maybe winning the fight increases the odds. Who knows, got the Platinum and that is the goal.

Side-note: 6 Platinums for me in 4 months, that is really freaking good for me. Just wish I could get my unearned trophy amount down.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I grinded this out end game. Through several web sites and forums, people seem to have no concrete answer to how to make them go faster. It seems to be completely random. 

All that is known is that there is a chance that a character will do puff puff after each completed quest. So all I did was repeatedly kill the Green Dragon challenge since that mission only takes 5-8 seconds with a leveled up party. Basically, kill Green Dragon (on regular, not veteran), talk to every character you need (ignored those I already seen), and rinse and repeat. 

And completing (no evac) a quest seems to give higher odds. Having certain members in your party or doing certain quests seem to have no effect. 

I got my last 5 characters I needed all in just under an hour doing it this way. Boring as hell, but works. 

Edited by Champ147