Calibration issues

dajmer79

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with auto-calibrating? I've had to do it several times because I would notice lag on notes I knew for a fact I hit but the game didn't register. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but every time I recalibrated it gave me a different set of numbers. I manually calibrated with RB3 and there was never any issues, so I guess I could try going back to that method. I just thought that auto-calibration would have worked properly. Guess not.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought this today finally when it was on sale for *ONLY* a hundred bones. It's unplayable, and un-calibratable, and I'm hoping the update currently downloading fixes this.

And I thought Guitar Hero Live was a god awful pile of mediocre, at least it works right out the gate.

• 10 months later...

I've been playing the game more and more lately and i've been having the same issues.. I use the manual calibration because it's a lot easier to get it perfect but even with that I still notice that no matter what I do it's still out of sync one way or the other.. It's incredibly frustrating to pay £80+ for a game where you spend more time on the calibration screen then actually playing it..

44 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I've been playing the game more and more lately and i've been having the same issues.. I use the manual calibration because it's a lot easier to get it perfect but even with that I still notice that no matter what I do it's still out of sync one way or the other.. It's incredibly frustrating to pay £80+ for a game where you spend more time on the calibration screen then actually playing it..

I remember also having issues, what fixed it for me was to use the headphone jack in the controller as the audio-output, either by headphones or an AUX to speakers. If you have a stereo system you can connect to the PS4 with an optical audio cable, that should also do it. That was the only solution when I had similar issues in Rocksmith, and in that game, audio can't be a millisecond of, so that is probably the best solution for minimal audio-lag issues :)

• 2 weeks later...

The calibration was awful when Rivals launched about two months ago. The latest patch fixed most of the "stuttering" issues that was throwing off my calibration. It still isn't "perfect" though... I noticed the game started stuttering again towards the end of about my sixth song played. Not sure if this is a one time ordeal or not yet though.

Hoping to see more patches to fix the game up though before online launches (which is in 21 days... so seems unlikely unfortunately.. but a game fixing patch beforehand would be nice) .. oh and album headers (if 2-3 songs from the same album were in your library i'd sort them under that album.. one of the coolest features about having a large DLC library IMO)

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, using the Fender's auto-calibration would give me perfect video values. For audio, I have to add an extra 50 ms, otherwise I wouldn't be able to hit HOPOs. Rock Band has always had a tighter hitbox than Guitar Hero so you also have to take that into account, especially if you're used to playing Guitar Hero more.

Edited by Lance the Lone Wolf