Detroit: Become Human

skinner49

I'mma buy it day 1. Not that I'll play it day 1, but I've been known to pre-order special editions of games and wait forever to play them because fuck you, I got disposable income.

Heavy Rain was good and I had pre-ordered the steelbook edition for Beyond: Two Souls. After listening to everyone whining about that game for so long, I finally decided to give it a try and I can definitively state: NO REGERTS.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 4

Whoa shit.  Next(current)-gen Quantic Dream Playstation exclusive?  Sign me up.  It'll be a day one purchase from me. xD  Glad to see the concept in that Kara PS3 tech demo isn't going to waste.  I loved the premise and wanted more.

Also glad to see that Wizard PS4 tech demo wasn't a sign of things to come.  I would've cried a little inside if Quantic Dream's next project was some sorta attempt at 8-10 hours of interactive comedy.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

Whoa shit.  Next(current)-gen Quantic Dream Playstation exclusive?  Sign me up.  It'll be a day one purchase from me. xD  Glad to see the concept in that Kara PS3 tech demo isn't going to waste.  I loved the premise and wanted more.

Also glad to see that Wizard PS4 tech demo wasn't a sign of things to come.  I would've cried a little inside if Quantic Dream's next project was some sorta attempt at 8-10 hours of interactive comedy.

That Wizard tech demo was Quantum Dream's? I would love to see them actually use that. I liked it. Plus I'm so bored of interactive dramas. I wqnt to see them try something different.

That Wizard tech demo was Quantum Dream's? I would love to see them actually use that. I liked it. Plus I'm so bored of interactive dramas. I wqnt to see them try something different.

I'm pretty sure it was them. To each their own, Telltale's newest series (Borderlands and Minecraft) seem to inject a bit more humour than other games of their ilk, but at the cost of truly gripping narratives IMO.

I'm pretty sure it was them. To each their own, Telltale's newest series (Borderlands and Minecraft) seem to inject a bit more humour than other games of their ilk, but at the cost of truly gripping narratives IMO.

I don't know about Minecraft, but Tales from the Borderlands was great. We could use a bit of humor between all the seriousness of videogames. For every 10 Last of Us, Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, etc. there is maybe one Borderlands or Stanley Parable.

I'd just like to see what Cage and his team could do with humor. I mean that wizard tech demo was genuinely funny, at least I think so. If it fails, it fails. But at least they can try something new, and see if people like it.

I don't know about Minecraft, but Tales from the Borderlands was great. We could use a bit of humor between all the seriousness of videogames. For every 10 Last of Us, Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, etc. there is maybe one Borderlands or Stanley Parable.

I'd just like to see what Cage and his team could do with humor. I mean that wizard tech demo was genuinely funny, at least I think so. If it fails, it fails. But at least they can try something new, and see if people like it.

Well Until Dawn is the only interactive-movie type game that made me laugh at some parts, that and the game being an homage to teen horror movies its why I loved that game so much, and it also doesn't take itself too seriously like QC's games.

I also really enjoyed Heavy Rain, I completed it like 10 times to get the platinum and I'll buy the PS4 version when it comes out, and I couldn't play Beyond on PS3 so I'm also waiting for the remaster to come. I love this kind of games and don't care what other people (*cough*jealouspcbeggarsandxboxerswhocan'tplaythemandcriticizesthegamesmeanwhiletheyenjoythecrappyTelltalegamesandLifeisStrangethatstoledHeavyRain'sgameplayformulalol*cough*) so I will buy whatever Quantic Dream and Supermassive Games does next.

Edited by Finozzi1696

Well Until Dawn is the only interactive-movie type game that made me laugh at some parts, that and the game being an homage to teen horror movies its why I loved that game so much, and it also doesn't take itself too seriously like QC's games.

I also really enjoyed Heavy Rain, I completed it like 10 times to get the platinum and I'll buy the PS4 version when it comes out, and I couldn't play Beyond on PS3 so I'm also waiting for the remaster to come. I love this kind of games and don't care what other people (*cough*jealouspcbeggarsandxboxerswhocan'tplaythemandcriticizesthegamesmeanwhiletheyenjoythecrappyTelltalegamesandLifeisStrangethatstoledHeavyRain'sgameplayformulalol*cough*) so I will buy whatever Quantic Dream and Supermassive Games does next.

Expect Life is Strange didn't "steal" Heavy Rain's formula. Because there have been plenty of games like that before Heavy Rain. As for "crappy" Telltale games, most people will argue that Walking Dead is better than anything David Cage has written.

I personally liked Heavy Rain more than Telltale games. Just saying.

Expect Life is Strange didn't "steal" Heavy Rain's formula. Because there have been plenty of games like that before Heavy Rain. As for "crappy" Telltale games, most people will argue that Walking Dead is better than anything David Cage has written.

I personally liked Heavy Rain more than Telltale games. Just saying.

If you use Google you will find out that both Telltale and Life is Strange used Heavy Rain as an inspiration for their games, every "your actions will change how the story unfolds" game after Heavy Rain was influenced by Heavy Rain believe it or not.

I can say the opposite so every is attached to their own opinions, personally gameplay-wise I liked HR most, as well as that your decisions really matters in that game with its 19 endings and variations unlike TWD's-same-ending-and-scenes-every-time-you-play-it.

If you use Google you will find out that both Telltale and Life is Strange used Heavy Rain as an inspiration for their games, every "your actions will change how the story unfolds" game after Heavy Rain was influenced by Heavy Rain believe it or not.

I can say the opposite so every is attached to their own opinions, personally gameplay-wise I liked HR most, as well as that your decisions really matters in that game with its 19 endings and variations unlike TWD's-same-ending-and-scenes-every-time-you-play-it.

Well of course they used it as inspiration. Heavy Rain was the first "interactive drama" to get really popular on consoles. That doesn't mean they "stole the formula". Mass Effect had branching stories based on your choices, and that game released 3 years earlier than Heavy Rain. That's just one example.

Well of course they used it as inspiration. Heavy Rain was the first "interactive drama" to get really popular on consoles. That doesn't mean they "stole the formula". Mass Effect had branching stories based on your choices, and that game released 3 years earlier than Heavy Rain. That's just one example.

I think I had a Goosebumps book that let me "choose my own adventure" in the 90's, and a multitude of text based games that I used to play where I had to constantly make decisions that impacted the story.  Hell man, I made one in C++ when I was learning how to code.  Finozzi is off his rocker, and really loves citing Google as a reference for his irrelevant points.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

I think I had a Goosebumps book that let me "choose my own adventure" in the 90's, and a multitude of text based games that I used to play where I had to constantly make decisions that impacted the story.  Hell man, I made one in C++ when I was learning how to code.  Finozzi is off his rocker, and really loves citing Google as a reference for his irrelevant points.

First: Hi, who are you?

Second: Heavy Rain was the first VIDEOGAME (that book thing doesn't have anything to do with it) that created a movie-like experience that let you "choose your own adventure", other games may had "choose your actions" thing but I was talking about the interactive-film + point-and-click adventure-type game formula that Heavy Rain created and no other game had, besides from maybe Fahrenheit (same studio) no other game was all about cutscenes and heavy decision-focused, but little gameplay and more about making the right choices between a film atmosphere. And TWD and LIS taked that as an inspiration for their heavy decision-focused and little gameplay formula.

Read the post above, ME was more about an action game with shooting mechanics and RPG things, while HR was the first "interactive film + little gameplay + all about making the right decisions" videogame to came out.

Edited by Finozzi1696

• 7 months later...