Fishing issues

Xionx

Ok i have played Dragon Fin Soup now for 2 h . It is a interesting game, but the controls feels a little bit strange sometimes.

My biggest problem is fishing. Im able to spin with stick in left direction (red arrow), but  when i try to spin in right direction (green) arrow he is jumping between left and right. I tried a new PS4 controller as well but he has the same problem.

So i think it is a game issue. Can someone confirm this? Are you able to do it without problems? Because there is a Trophy for catching all uique Fish ... and im not even able to catch a single finsh.

I haven't tried fishing yet, but does anyone have a problem with crafting? I gathered all the parts for a lvl 10 armor and tried to craft my first item (I was lvl 11 at the time), but the "create" button was still transparent and I couldn't select it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I created an account here just to post on this topic lol. I've been playing for a few hours aswell. Fishing is a *****. I've got a quest to catch 3 snapper or whatever, and i've caught one, without about 20 attempts. The stupid rotate stick thing is hard af. I mean did they play it themselves or what :( I'm sure they'll fix it eventrually.

I haven't tried fishing yet, but does anyone have a problem with crafting? I gathered all the parts for a lvl 10 armor and tried to craft my first item (I was lvl 11 at the time), but the "create" button was still transparent and I couldn't select it.

I'm trying to try crafting but i've not got all the items for the recipes i've got yet. I think the lvl 10 armor might be CRAFT level 10, not your character level 10. It seems really confusing atm. I've got lots of random level crafting stuff....have you tried the trial and error crafting to discover recipes, i think you can do that but its not working for me

I think the lvl 10 armor might be CRAFT level 10, not your character level 10. It seems really confusing atm. 

You could be on to something here. My crafting level is still 1 and I have no recipes for lvl 1. Lowest recipe I have atm is lvl 2. I'll keep trying, but the storage is almost full with crafting materials.

I'm trying to try crafting but i've not got all the items for the recipes i've got yet. I think the lvl 10 armor might be CRAFT level 10, not your character level 10. It seems really confusing atm. I've got lots of random level crafting stuff....have you tried the trial and error crafting to discover recipes, i think you can do that but its not working for me

The level on recipes does indeed mean your crafting level (separate from your regular level). I crafted the Latex Gloves (level 3) at level 1, and just got a warning saying that there's a higher chance of failure (still succeeded, didn't even get enough XP out of it to finish level 1). I haven't tried crafting anything beyond that yet, however.

EDIT: Apparently it did actually fail. That's what I get for going off of memory, I suppose.

Edited by rinimt

The level on recipes does indeed mean your crafting level (separate from your regular level). I crafted the Latex Gloves (level 3) at level 1, and just got a warning saying that there's a higher chance of failure (still succeeded, didn't even get enough XP out of it to finish level 1). I haven't tried crafting anything beyond that yet, however.

What level was the gloves it created? were they any good to your current level or random level or something

Getting better at fishing. But that HOLD part, i mean a 5 second HOLD just eats your time and you're not likely to catch a fish if you unluckly and get a few long HOLD parts. :(

Edited by Fride2013

What level was the gloves it created? were they any good to your current level or random level or something

Oh apparently I was mistaken and it did fail. Was going off memory and I just checked and I don't see any gloves except ones I had found at random. So unfortunately I can't say, other than failing the recipe gave me 18 experience.

Oh apparently I was mistaken and it did fail. Was going off memory and I just checked and I don't see any gloves except ones I had found at random. So unfortunately I can't say, other than failing the recipe gave me 18 experience.

oh okay. The crafting is really odd hey i've got like 15 recipes and they're pretty random, most are lvl 10+ (crafting lvl i guess). It did say in the manual you can find recipes by trial and error, so i guess just throwing in some matts and seeing what happens but i can't seem to work that out, how you do it.

Also while we are here, how do we learn skills? i've got the skill menu with all those empty slots and no skills.

It says "from red crystal shards you find in the world"    but i've not found one yet.

And wtf are those crystal things you USE then they give you a number above your head and you leave a tile path behind you, then when the number runs out the shard breaks if you didn't do it right.

I've done one of them correct, i had to walk around the shard, in a square pattern and it worked, unlocking an item from the shard. i've come across many but thats the only one thats worked :(

googling is pointlesss atm no info around at all.

Edited by Fride2013

oh okay. The crafting is really odd hey i've got like 15 recipes and they're pretty random, most are lvl 10+ (crafting lvl i guess). It did say in the manual you can find recipes by trial and error, so i guess just throwing in some matts and seeing what happens but i can't seem to work that out, how you do it.

Also while we are here, how do we learn skills? i've got the skill menu with all those empty slots and no skills.

It says "from red crystal shards you find in the world"    but i've not found one yet.

And wtf are those crystal things you USE then they give you a number above your head and you leave a tile path behind you, then when the number runs out the shard breaks if you didn't do it right.

I've done one of them correct, i had to walk around the shard, in a square pattern and it worked, unlocking an item from the shard. i've come across many but thats the only one thats worked :(

i found a skill in a house (invisibility) , but thats it for now . i have not tried crafting ... but it looks strange to me.

SOLUTION: Use both joysticks at the same time :)  I saw this solution on the dragon fin soup official site. GL:HF

i give it a try later. thx

I found the skill Earth Shield in the first starting town. In the upper right corner part of the map was a steel block that can be blown up with a bomb, The skill was behind that.

You could be on to something here. My crafting level is still 1 and I have no recipes for lvl 1. Lowest recipe I have atm is lvl 2. I'll keep trying, but the storage is almost full with crafting materials.

You don't actually need a recipe to make something you can just throw in random items and hope u can create something, i trained my crafting by throwing in logs, wool and straw and stuff like that.

I found the skill Earth Shield in the first starting town. In the upper right corner part of the map was a steel block that can be blown up with a bomb, The skill was behind that.

And i think all the drops are random for everyone so i dont think this would help anyone :P

I've got a healing skill called Lesser Heal, but im not sure anymore how i got it. But i can only heal my pets and not myself. But i can atleast let my pets fight for me this way lol.

SOLUTION: Use both joysticks at the same time :)  I saw this solution on the dragon fin soup official site. GL:HF

Holy shit this works perfectly i literraly got it done in 1/2 seconds. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by HcG Clawz

You don't actually need a recipe to make something you can just throw in random items and hope u can create something, i trained my crafting by throwing in logs, wool and straw and stuff like that.

And i think all the drops are random for everyone so i dont think this would help anyone :P

I've got a healing skill, but im not sure anymore how i got it. But i can only heal my pets and not myself. But i can atleast let my pets fight for me this way lol.

I'll try that today.

Ah ok, I didn't know that. That skill seems a lot more useful than the earth shield. My pet died once and I had to go to a doctor to revive him.

I'll try that today.

Ah ok, I didn't know that. That skill seems a lot more useful than the earth shield. My pet died once and I had to go to a doctor to revive him.

Oh seems that the hometown is the same for everyone so your Earth Shiled location is right ^^ i just found it at the same place you said.

Just my luck to have 2 worthless skills :shakefist:.

I found the Drain skill in the top right corner of the old cemetry, but there's a hole so you need to get the moving stone there. I dont know if you will get the same thing but you could give it a try ^^

Heal is nice , i always find skills like earth /wind shield .  Invisibility is a nice skill but very short , only good to sneak behind enemys.

The heal skill is only for healing my pets. But its still more usefull then the shield lol.

• Like 1

I found the Drain skill in the top right corner of the old cemetry, but there's a hole so you need to get the moving stone there. I dont know if you will get the same thing but you could give it a try ^^

The heal skill is only for healing my pets. But its still more usefull then the shield lol.

In Endless Labyrinth i found a shield that reflects some melee damage . very nice skill , but i lost the run because 5 skeletons +2 bomber skeletons ambushed me. :(