Users can now purchase PSN avatars on the PS4.

Aranea Highwind

Is friend notifications really that important? What's the point?

Being automatically notified when a friend comes online is incredibly convenient. I, and I'm sure many others, don't want to have to continuously stop our game in order to open up the list and check if they're online or offline.

• Like 2

Being automatically notified when a friend comes online is incredibly convenient. I, and I'm sure many others, don't want to have to continuously stop our game in order to open up the list and check if they're online or offline.

Exactly. Not to mention it's an extremely basic addition. What's wrong with having more options? I absolutely hate waiting for someone to get on and not knowing when they're on until they message me. It's an archaic method.

Exactly. Not to mention it's an extremely basic addition. What's wrong with having more options? I absolutely hate waiting for someone to get on and not knowing when they're on until they message me. It's an archaic method.

Because with Sony, they never give us the option to turn these things off. I can't turn off "Recommended Friends". I can't get rid of PS Now. I can't get rid of Playroom. I can't get rid of "Events". I can't get rid of any social junk they throw in. I'm guessing the "Follow these developers" thing fell flat on it's face which is why that thing is gone.

If they give us the option to turn off Friend Notifications, then sure, ok.

• Like 1

I'm having a really hard time understanding why Sony isn't able to make the PS4 interface as clean and functional as the PS3's. Frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves at this point.

To be honest, what did you expect from a console that was launched when it was half-made? If something similar happened 20 years ago, the console would be dead within a year. It's the age we live in. When games can also be half-made and still break sales records. We allow that to happen.

• Like 1

That didn't take forever...

How about friends online notifications?

Took a bit long, but yay! Now only individual profile colors are left ...

You must purchase cute little thingy called Vita-tan :awesome:

I'm having a really hard time understanding why Sony isn't able to make the PS4 interface as clean and functional as the PS3's. Frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves at this point.

Because it's a port :awesome:

Fuckin finally. The reasons for turning on the ps3 are getting fewer and fewer. 

Japanese games? :awesome:

• Like 2

This thread is toxic as hell. Holy shit. None of you just can't say thank you and leave it at that can you?

To be fair, these are features that were already on their older platform, and it is rather ridiculous that they weren't on the newer system at launch, or at least sooner than now. Peoples frustrations are completely understandable and justified. It's nice if they bring these features to the newer platform, but said features should be expected from the get-go. I don't know that Sony, for doing what's expected, is particularly deserving of thanks.

Edited by Jenni XJ-9
  • Like 2

This is fantastic, I love my PSN avatars and now having the option to change them up on my Ps4 is even better. I do hope we get avatars from Ps4 games or more game related ones in the future as lately they have been releasing mostly these ugly text based avatars.