Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
axlredgrave

Beware of Boosting Session Leeches

21 posts in this topic

Especially in this game, I have come across A LOT of trophy hunting leeches that purposefully disrupt boosting sessions and make off with kills, wins, scoring points, etc. by killing you and your idle players/controllers and even though they know it's a boosting session (some these guys ARE boosters themselves). And YES, some of these guys are actual hardcore players but they are also trophy hunters too. Worse yet, THEY WILL FOLLOW YOU if you decide to make a new room and will not leave until they get what they want or get bored of it. Me and my group have lost almost 2-3 hours of boosting time because of these egotistical and condescending @[email protected] (Yup, they will also trash talk to you as well and try to make themselves feel all superior.) My advice, don't give these ****ers the satisfaction of getting a kill or win and leave. Also set up a session during a time where these idiots won't be playing because they are relentless and will stalk your group just for kicks to ruin your session's flow.

Why the hell didn't the developers bother to add a kick button and make the lobby room locking feature function properly?

My God, the TM community players(not us boosters, although a few) are so damn vulgar and toxic. Not as much as LoL but still.

BTW I'M NOT BOOSTING THIS GAME ANYMORE, IF YOU ATTEMPT ADD ME, SEND A REQUEST OR MESSAGE, I'LL BLOCK YOU NOW AND FROM POSSIBLE FUTURE BOOSTING SESSIONS FOR OTHER GAMES PERMANENTLY!

Edited by axlredgrave

I haven't played the game, but can't you just open a witch hunt when someone like that keeps messing up boosting sessions?

I'm not trying to open a witch hunt my friend. I'm just saying this as a warning to all those who are going to start boosting this game because it'll even longer than ever before no thanks to these leeches. Plus if I were starting a witch hunt, I'd be posting their names here.

So to all those are just starting this or about to start, be careful.

You can't blame them from wanting to play the game normally. 

True, but a lot them disrupt your session on purpose. And for those that are going into MP mode, this is going to happen constantly.

Edited by axlredgrave

I'm not trying to open a witch hunt my friend. I'm just saying this as a warning to all those who are going to start boosting this game because it'll even longer than ever before no thanks to these leeches. Plus if I were starting a witch hunt, I'd be posting their names here.

So to all those are just starting this or about to start, be careful.

I didn't mean a witch hunt on this site, but during a boosting session. If everyone in the session keeps killing the one who keeps disturbing the boosting session, he should get bored and go away.

Yeah maybe they want to get the 30 days wins legit and you don't let them.

Yeah maybe they want to get the 30 days wins legit and you don't let them.

If that was the case yes, but these are players that already have the 30 day win trophies mind you.

If that was the case yes, but these are players that already have the 30 day win trophies mind you.

So you are saying that people who harass you already boosted or got the plat and don't intend to play properly?

I didn't mean a witch hunt on this site, but during a boosting session. If everyone in the session keeps killing the one who keeps disturbing the boosting session, he should get bored and go away.

My group has done that too on some of these guys, but like I said previously some of them WILL NOT leave you alone and will keep on persisting.

So you are saying that people who harass you already boosted or got the plat and don't intend to play properly?

A good majority of them, yes. The only trophies they need to get are easy ones because they've probably annoyed the session groups to forfeit and score the wins for themselves. Pretty sure that's how some of these jerks got their trophies.

In my group, we have 3 ppl with 2 controllers. So far, 2 of us including myself are done and only need the 30 days trophy. The third person needs to finish one mode and 2 maps and the 30 days. We could've finished the mode and maps had these trolls not entered our room and mind you these are the same guys that disrupted us for the past 2 weeks and kept leaving us insults in the lobby chat before leaving and after having their fill of kicks and giggles.

My God, the TM community players(not us boosters, although a few) are so damn vulgar and toxic. Not as much as LoL but still.

AY

We're not toxic....that's uh....NA

Name and Shame, bro. Post their IDs, I want to add some more people to my blocked list, hate trying to boost with people that aren't going to cooperate.

My group has done that too on some of these guys, but like I said previously some of them WILL NOT leave you alone and will keep on persisting.

A good majority of them, yes. The only trophies they need to get are easy ones because they've probably annoyed the session groups to forfeit and score the wins for themselves. Pretty sure that's how some of these jerks got their trophies.

In my group, we have 3 ppl with 2 controllers. So far, 2 of us including myself are done and only need the 30 days trophy. The third person needs to finish one mode and 2 maps and the 30 days. We could've finished the mode and maps had these trolls not entered our room and mind you these are the same guys that disrupted us for the past 2 weeks and kept leaving us insults in the lobby chat before leaving and after having their fill of kicks and giggles.

Could you teach me how to boost with 2 controllers each?

I don't think that you are allowed to post their PSN IDs, wouldn't matter anyway. It isn't like anything can be done about them, but these people do exist and they are a pain. They join these games hoping that you will have idle controllers for them to kill. They already have most if not all of the trophies already.

You expect me to believe that a guy that plays legitimately has a 99.8 Kill/Death ratio?

This game is almost impossible to boost due to these people. You are your boosting partners should be on the same timezone and get on between 1:00 a.m.- 6:00 a.m. to avoid them and even then it is still hard because some of these people just have nothing better to do. They also post hate mail in the chatroom in lobbies. It also helps for someone to have multiple PS3s and multiple copies of the game, and two controllers per game/PS3 to avoid having to manage times with so many people.

The broken lobby system doesn't help. You can't boot these people and they will leave on purpose when they know you won't start the game with them in so they leave just to spam the refresh button on the game list screen and wait for your lobby status to changed to "Room Locked" and they will join in during the absurdly long countdown and end up in your game. You would think that once the lobby is "locked" that anyone that joins in after would have to wait until after the match ends but nope. I guess the developers didn't understand what it means for a lobby to be "locked in" but oh well.

I have given up on the Platinum because this is a common problem. This happens almost every time I try to boost and it is always the same names. The trophies are already glitched so they won't pop most of the time. Certain players are out to ruin your session because they have nothing better to do. Seriously, a guy joins in with a 99.8 K/D then makes fun of you for boosting. I don't even want to get started on how dumb the "All Sales are Final" trophy is.

I guess they want you to do them legitimately, but you are required to play Nuke for the Platinum. Good luck filling up a Nuke lobby with actual players.

In short... Boosters beware. The players on this game are annoying, but the TM community has always been this way unfortunately. They seem to think they are higher beings or something.

I don't think that you are allowed to post their PSN IDs, wouldn't matter anyway. It isn't like anything can be done about them, but these people do exist and they are a pain. They join these games hoping that you will have idle controllers for them to kill. They already have most if not all of the trophies already.

You expect me to believe that a guy that plays legitimately has a 99.8 Kill/Death ratio?

This game is almost impossible to boost due to these people. You are your boosting partners should be on the same timezone and get on between 1:00 a.m.- 6:00 a.m. to avoid them and even then it is still hard because some of these people just have nothing better to do. They also post hate mail in the chatroom in lobbies. It also helps for someone to have multiple PS3s and multiple copies of the game, and two controllers per game/PS3 to avoid having to manage times with so many people.

The broken lobby system doesn't help. You can't boot these people and they will leave on purpose when they know you won't start the game with them in so they leave just to spam the refresh button on the game list screen and wait for your lobby status to changed to "Room Locked" and they will join in during the absurdly long countdown and end up in your game. You would think that once the lobby is "locked" that anyone that joins in after would have to wait until after the match ends but nope. I guess the developers didn't understand what it means for a lobby to be "locked in" but oh well.

I have given up on the Platinum because this is a common problem. This happens almost every time I try to boost and it is always the same names. The trophies are already glitched so they won't pop most of the time. Certain players are out to ruin your session because they have nothing better to do. Seriously, a guy joins in with a 99.8 K/D then makes fun of you for boosting. I don't even want to get started on how dumb the "All Sales are Final" trophy is.

I guess they want you to do them legitimately, but you are required to play Nuke for the Platinum. Good luck filling up a Nuke lobby with actual players.

In short... Boosters beware. The players on this game are annoying, but the TM community has always been this way unfortunately. They seem to think they are higher beings or something.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Great post! Also as of today, I have finally obtained my platinum! Best of luck to those that are aiming for the platinum because it's one hell of a doozy to get, especailly in regards to what BorkLaser has posted because it's all too true. IMO you could probably shave half the time off IF ONLY if it wasn't for these jackwad leeches as previously stated ^.

The bane of this game's trophy list is definitely going to be getting the All Sales Are Final trophy. If you look at the recently acheived list, Cyanax and blackfiredeath17 (my boosting partners) got theirs on time and I got it 3 days later. Why? Like everybody has said before, the game's servers are REALLY GLITCHY. I made sure I didn't go over a day when switching the calender dates but the game decided/thought that I didn't do the last 3 days or 3 days in between so I got them after doing first 3 days in the next month.

Edited by axlredgrave

i never owned a PS1 or PS2, so i was very excited to play twisted metal on PS3 when PS+ offered it. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! this game was never patched. it was made principally for online play and has the worst servers ever. the respawns were terrible. the online was horribly unbalanced. and i couldn't boost this game for all the money in the world. there are basically three types of people playing this game: trophy hunters, people that actually like playing TM, and a$$hats that deliberately stop you from boosting just because. AGHHHH! i was aiming just for 50% trophy completion, but i couldn't even get that because of the boredom, frustration and anger i'd feel after playing for only an hour. the worst part? it could've been a great game, if only....

I was considering playing this as it's an ultra rare platinum, but after hearing how bad the trolls are, I might give this a miss. Appreciate the heads up guys and I'm sorry to hear this has happened.