Episode 5 freezing glitch.

thistleboy

Doesn't look like I'll be able to get the plat on this one. Tell Tale's games are always pretty glitchy with most episodes freezing at least once, but episode 5 of Tales From the Borderlands seems to be hopelessly glitched for me. I get as far as 

blowing up Gordys with the rocket launcher

and the game freezes EVERY SINGLE TIME on the following loading screen. NOTHING I can do will fix it. I'm hoping someone else might have run into this and has a fix I've not tried.

What I have done:

- Restarted the game via long PS press and "close the application". (What fixed every other Tell Tale freeze I've ever encountered)

- Restarted the system.

- Deleted the entire game and reinstalled each chapter from the store.

- Deleted the game, reinstalled episode 1 from the store then each of the other chapters from the in-game menu.

- Deleted the game, reinstalled episodes 1 from the store and episode 5 from the in-game menu.

- Deleted the game, refreshed licenses then reinstalled episodes 1 and 5 only. 

None of these have helped. After each of these steps I tried both loading my original save as well as a fresh chapter 5 save file where the game randomizes choices for the "unplayed" episodes. I'm completely at a loss. There's seemingly nothing I can do to finish this game.

Anyone else run into something like this or found a fix I didn't try?

I feel stupid for suggesting this... but have you tried rewinding your story from your original save? (it feels so stupid because this feels like the equivalent of customer support asking if you've tried turning your phone off and on)

I encountered a glitch on TWD S1 and rewinding my story fixed the problem for me, so yeah, sorry if it's not helpful :/

Edited by SkyesUnholy

[FIXED] I did try the rewind as well to no avail. I also tried a friend's suggestion of a delete -> license reset -> download episodes 1 and 5 only and then another license reset before playing which also didn't work. My last thought finally worked. Knowing it was something with the loading process I hoped to somehow interrupt the load by pressing the PS button and dropping back to the menu before it froze. I dropped out to the menu and went back to the game twice during the load screen and before I could do it a third time the next chapter finally loaded and the trophy popped!. Finally have the plat after spending more time trying to get past the glitched load screen than I did playing the rest of the game.

Hope this might help someone else who gets this badly stuck.

• Like 1