Project Platinum: Prince of Persia

Boooda

Erm... a Maharaja is an Indian thing, not a Persian thing...

Just, y'know, you've got the wrong cultural reference there... ;)

Edit: All these games are in my backlog following sales and what-not. Sign me up, I'll get to them eventually. ;)

The dude is in Sands of Time game. Not Boooda's fault that Ubisoft is culturally wrong. ;)

Very nice, "shadow warrior" for me =) 2 Plats :

4. Prince of Persia (2008)

5. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

:)

HD Triology is in Backlog :)

Nice! Added.

Sand Bearer

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Just in time ;) Added. 

I've platted 4 out of 5 PoP games, so sign me up for Sand Master. I'm planning to do Forgotten Sands eventually though.

Nice dude, forgotten sands is one of the easier ones you should definitely play that ASAP.

And it's up!

Well-well, I haven't visited Persia in quite some time. Looking forward to going back - it's time to see how well I remember everything. Hope it doesn't take long to relearn the new controls - never played this series on a console before. 

Enjoy yourself, they are great games (even if the HD remasters arent so great)

Erm... a Maharaja is an Indian thing, not a Persian thing...

Just, y'know, you've got the wrong cultural reference there... ;)

Edit: All these games are in my backlog following sales and what-not. Sign me up, I'll get to them eventually. ;)

Like Roy said, the Wiki says the Vizier was the Maharajah adviser. Added! 

Oh very nice setup Boooda, I sadly won't be joining this one though. I like going for all the games in any PP I join and the thought of having to do Warrior Within 3 times is just too much for me dood :|

I dont blame ya dood, I still have to do it myself -_-

• Like 1

Added the link to the PRD thread too :D.

The dude is in Sands of Time game. Not Boooda's fault that Ubisoft is culturally wrong.  ;)

And also in The Two Thrones.

Nice dude, forgotten sands is one of the easier ones you should definitely play that ASAP.

It's in my backlog. I'll start it after Dragon Fin Soup :D.

• Like 2

The dude is in Sands of Time game. Not Boooda's fault that Ubisoft is culturally wrong. ;)

Like Roy said, the Wiki says the Vizier was the Maharajah adviser. Added! 

Bloody lazy Ubisoft researchers. There are tonnes of other words for "prince" or "ruler" in Arabic/Farsi that they could have used. 

Edit: Is the character actually Indian in the games, or is he supposed to be Persian?

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

:hmm: Good question, I wished they did something like tell you where he's from in the title of the series or something, because that'd be really handy info.

Not sure if you're being your usual sarcastic self but, what the hell, I'll bite.

On the one hand, I don't really care. I wish the world cared more about how people treat one another than on whether someone has used the correct or acceptable word to describe someone else. 

But on the other hand, I have some Arab heritage and it does annoy me that media in general doesn't give enough of a shit about that part of the world to even bother looking up what words that population uses or what the cultural touchstones are there when they make games, films, or whatever about Arabs or the ME region. 

He might be Indian. 

In that case, no harm no foul, they've used the correct word. 

I'll have to play the game and find out. 

You're missing a rank for 3 platinums, so I can fit in with the ones I have for the three PS2 remasters. And that's all I plan on doing for awhile.

Now, hit my music!

Sadly I could only do 5 ranks, so you'll just have to make do with the Shadow Warrior rank :P

Sign me up please. I've platted all Prince of Persia games. Soooo... that'll make me the Prince of Persia  :D

Awesome dude! Added. 

Sign me up as Sand Bearer for the time being as I have the plat for Prince of Persia (2008)

Added :D

• Like 1

Not sure if you're being your usual sarcastic self but, what the hell, I'll bite.

On the one hand, I don't really care. I wish the world cared more about how people treat one another than on whether someone has used the correct or acceptable word to describe someone else. 

But on the other hand, I have some Arab heritage and it does annoy me that media in general doesn't give enough of a shit about that part of the world to even bother looking up what words that population uses or what the cultural touchstones are there when they make games, films, or whatever about Arabs or the ME region. 

In that case, no harm no foul, they've used the correct word. 

I'll have to play the game and find out. 

Well, uh, Persians aren't Arabs, they're Persians. There's a difference. And I've had my ass reamed before for not knowing that.

And yes, I was being sarcastic. The Sands of Time explains why the Prince of Persia was in India, which was that his father and their army were cutting through the country to visit the Sultan of Azad, and got duped into attacking the local Maharajah in India. The Prince is Persian, not Indian or Arab.

• Like 1

Bloody lazy Ubisoft researchers. There are tonnes of other words for "prince" or "ruler" in Arabic/Farsi that they could have used. 

Edit: Is the character actually Indian in the games, or is he supposed to be Persian?

I always thought The Prince was supposed to be Persian while Farah was an Indian.

Sign me up as Maharajah Adviser. I've started Warrior Within but i didn't like it. But then again that was 3 years ago and i played for like 30 minutes. So i might give it another try, i have the trilogy so i could get atleast 3 plats.

Warrior Within and Two Thrones are a little hard to swallow because the HD remaster wasnt all that polished. Plus unstackable difficulty trophies are just the icing on the cake. Personally i'd play Sands of Time and Forgotten Sands, granted Sands of time is like 12 years old at this point so it definitely shows its age. Forgotten Sands is the most recent one and I really liked it. Added!

Well, uh, Persians aren't Arabs, they're Persians. There's a difference. And I've had my ass reamed before for not knowing that.

I know there's a difference. I was being lazy to avoid having to write out "Arabs and Persians" every time, and was speaking about the ME region generally, with all the ethnic groups that entails. 

Anyway, enough off-topic crap. Delete all this shit if you like now that it's been established that the games are set in India and I was wrong. 

On with the Project Platinum. Woop woop.