Project Platinum: Prince of Persia

Boooda

Sign me up for this! It'll finally give me motivation to get to Prince of Persia (2008) that's been on my system forever now.

Currently Sand Master

Sands of Time

Forgotten Sands

Warrior Within

Two Thrones

In terms of playability, how 'difficult' is PoP (2008)? Warrior Within was plain annoying to pick up the battle system from Sands of Time, and Two Thrones final area counted as a death if you went the wrong way resulting in a third playthrough for myself. Love the game and series though :)

I'm in. I have them all. Fantastic games.

Prince of Persia

Nice dude, I agree. Really hopeful of Ubi releasing another one soon. Added. 

I have Trilogy and the 2008 game, but haven't beaten them yet. Please add me as Maharajah Adviser.

Added.

Sign me up for this! It'll finally give me motivation to get to Prince of Persia (2008) that's been on my system forever now.

Currently Sand Master

Sands of Time

Forgotten Sands

Warrior Within

Two Thrones

In terms of playability, how 'difficult' is PoP (2008)? Warrior Within was plain annoying to pick up the battle system from Sands of Time, and Two Thrones final area counted as a death if you went the wrong way resulting in a third playthrough for myself. Love the game and series though :)

The hardest trophies in the game have to do with beating it under a certain amount of time and beating it without dying 100 times and both can be exploited by playing without the patch and then installing it right before the final boss as it resets the counter on both of those trophies to 0. 

If you could kindly add me as a Sand Bearer, thank you.  Prince of Persia (2008)

Sure thing, added. 

• Like 1

Add me to this please. I happen to have all 5 Prince Of Persia platinums! :dance:

Sand Master here, I have them all except PoP (2008).

Edit: Judging from all the people here who have it, I might have to fish out a copy from my local EBGames or amazon if it's cheaper so that I can complete the set.

Added. 

Just mute the sound dood, that makes the game at least 100 times better.

Sad but true :P

Edited by Boooda
  • Like 1

lol that would work if the soundtrack was the only thing I didn't like about the game, I just think it is a pretty bad game in general dood

Seeing so much dislike around here toward the Warrior Within is refreshing.

In the past, when I've tried to talk about PoP with the peers, every single time WW was lauded as the best PoP ever, and I always ended up backed in the corner, defending 2008 (not even Forgotten Sands was getting such amounts of hate as 2008 did). 

Seeing so much dislike around here toward the Warrior Within is refreshing.

In the past, when I've tried to talk about PoP with the peers, every single time WW was lauded as the best PoP ever, and I always ended up backed in the corner, defending 2008 (not even Forgotten Sands was getting such amounts of hate as 2008 did). 

I liked it when it came out, but in hindsight it was pretty average. Forgotten Sands was really fun IMO, and 2008 was a welcome entry even if it did get a bit repetitive. I just want a next gen one! 

I've got 1 plat (Forgotten Sands) and I'm gonna work on the others during Christmas break. Sign me up!

Nice, added!

I have the platinum trophy (and 100%) on every POP. Add me in, please. I'm da boss. He he...

Awesome dude, added you. 

Sand master here  B)

Only The forgotten Sands Missing..

Maybe i'll pick this one later up..

Thats the easiest one IMO, you should be able to get it easily. Added. 

Damn, you didnt waste much time ;) Added.

I know the original trilogy by heart, I didn't even use the guide for the collectibles. Took me around 6 hours to finish the first one.

Maybe it's the different controls, or maybe I've just improved over the years, but everything felt very natural. Paying careful attention to the enemies and tricking them into playing into your hands works wonders and shows just how many options there is to take in combat. Cleared the elevator without slow motion or rewinding. Even Farah only has shot me twice.

I'm really feeling overloaded with the nostalgia here. Found myself noticing many interesting things. It's suprising how you can appreciate an old game even more after returning to it years later.

Edited by NetEntity

I know the original trilogy by heart, I didn't even use the guide for the collectibles. Took me around 6 hours to finish the first one.

Maybe it's the different controls, or maybe I've just improved over the years, but everything felt very natural. Paying careful attention to the enemies and tricking them into playing into your hands works wonders and shows just how many options there is to take in combat. Cleared the elevator without slow motion or rewinding. Even Farah only has shot me twice.

I'm really feeling overloaded with the nostalgia here. Found myself noticing many interesting things. It's suprising how you can appreciate an old game even more after returning to it years later.

It is pretty crazy that Sands of Time came out 12 years ago and I feel like I remember it beat for beat too. Man that game was special, wish Ubi would just take a break from AC and give PoP another try. 

Sign me up as Sand Bearer 

Alrighty, added.