25 turn crystal in dungeons

xKilling-Spree-x

Hopefully I don't sound like a complete idiot, but these blue crystals you can hit to activate that give you 25 turns to do something, what the hell do you do to them? I get some blue pathway but it's not explained in the game at all, and the tutorial manual doesn't mention it once. Hope I'm not the only one confused on this front?

I played for about an hour yesterday, and I just assumed that they were providing some sort of buff (like the towers in Diablo), so I didn't look that deep into it, but if that was not it, then I have no clue what to do with them.

This game explains nothing (at least not that I saw).  I don't want to be walked through the whole game, but an explanation of the basics at the beginning would be nice.

Hopefully I don't sound like a complete idiot, but these blue crystals you can hit to activate that give you 25 turns to do something, what the hell do you do to them? I get some blue pathway but it's not explained in the game at all, and the tutorial manual doesn't mention it once. Hope I'm not the only one confused on this front?

I played for about an hour yesterday, and I just assumed that they were providing some sort of buff (like the towers in Diablo), so I didn't look that deep into it, but if that was not it, then I have no clue what to do with them.

This game explains nothing (at least not that I saw).  I don't want to be walked through the whole game, but an explanation of the basics at the beginning would be nice.

I once ran around the crystal (the 8 tiles around it) and it spawned a chest. Doesn't always work, so I imagine there are other patterns too.

k, so what I've gathered so far is that you simply hit the crystal and walk around trying to make a 'loop' (in quotes cuz I've made some really weird shapes that are in no way loops) from where you first hit the crystal and back.....it seems the more moves you can use, the better the reward, I've gotten anything from shotgun shells to nice chests.  And yes indeed, the Master Looper trophy is earned this way. 

• Like 1

You dont have to hit the crystal again! i got the trophy without doing that! before you hit the Crystal, just try to count the steps to make the biggest loop. Clear the area of monsters and obstacles -> than make the circle. 

After making this circle , items spawn (sometimes a wapon or treasure chest).

Edited by Xionx

Oh, you're supposed to loop around? Earlier today I activated a crystal, accidentally stepped on a hidden warp tile and the Master Looper trophy popped immediately. I was confused to say the least but hey, free trophy right? Might be glitched.

• Like 2

Oh, you're supposed to loop around? Earlier today I activated a crystal, accidentally stepped on a hidden warp tile and the Master Looper trophy popped immediately. I was confused to say the least but hey, free trophy right? Might be glitched.

Interesting news, if other people could confirm it works for them, I'll add it to the guide with a credit to you.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Okay, this is how I did it.

The moment you activate the crystal (it's the floating crystal with a chain beneath it, not the other one - still trying to understand what that one does), move AWAY from the crystal (just to give yourself some extra room to work around). From that spot, try to calculate 20 extra steps around the crystal, since the 20th will be the 21st marked tile.

As for the mechanics, it doesn't have to be a perfect circle, as long as you make the loop with exactly 21 steps (for the trophy) or as many as possible, if we consider that a 24 step loop could yield the best rewards. The 21st tile won't pop the trophy, since the loop needs to be sealed, so just walk on top of your first tile (22nd step) to seal it, et voila: crystal activated, RNG from the loot table, and trophy.

Note: I'm kinda unsure if you're actually required to make the loop around the crystal, or if you can make it away from it (say, the crystal spawned in a corner or against a wall). 

Interesting news, if other people could confirm it works for them, I'll add it to the guide with a credit to you.

The main issue here is having to pray for the world generator to spawn a crystal and a TP glyph inside the 25 turn area. There might be better odds in endless dungeon, since you're always generating new areas.

Edited by djGLCKR

Okay, this is how I did it.

The moment you activate the crystal (it's the floating crystal with a chain beneath it, not the other one - still trying to understand what that one does), move AWAY from the crystal (just to give yourself some extra room to work around). From that spot, try to calculate 20 extra steps around the crystal, since the 20th will be the 21st marked tile.

As for the mechanics, it doesn't have to be a perfect circle, as long as you make the loop with exactly 21 steps (for the trophy) or as many as possible, if we consider that a 24 step loop could yield the best rewards. The 21st tile won't pop the trophy, since the loop needs to be sealed, so just walk on top of your first tile (22nd step) to seal it, et voila: crystal activated, RNG from the loot table, and trophy.

Note: I'm kinda unsure if you're actually required to make the loop around the crystal, or if you can make it away from it. 

The main issue here is having to pray for the world generator to spawn a crystal and a TP glyph inside the 25 turn area. There might be better odds in endless dungeon, since you're always generating new areas.

It doesn't have to be exactly 21 tiles. I got the trophy when getting a perfect loop of 25 steps.

Yeah that too. But I want more proof that it works, it could also be a bug or a glitch. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon

i can tell you that this method is not working always , maybe it was a bug or glitch . i tried that and Trophy was not poping .  Later i created a perfect loop without teleportation and i got the Trophy.

So i would not add it to the guide.

i can tell you that this method is not working always , maybe it was a bug or glitch . i tried that and Trophy was not poping .  Later i created a perfect loop without teleportation and i got the Trophy.

So i would not add it to the guide.

Ah ok, thnx. I already unlocked the trophy, so I couldn't test it myself.

Here guys, i posted this on Reddit already, so i'll copy paste here

SOLUTION I know to do these. Firstly, the one that has a clear route around it, ie, it's the middle tile that you can walk around creating a box outline of the crystal.

That's what you do. So clear obstacles, enemies , then activate it and walk at Around it. Simple. You have limited steps, 25? Which is plenty but just clear the path of whatever might be there before you do. You'll also know it's this kinda crystal cause the tiles you walk on turn blackish.

When done , you unlock and item that appears next to the crystal.

The other type of crystal I've come across however, has the same limited 25 turns, doesn't turn the tiles you walk on Any color. Doesn't have a walkable path around it, so it might be next to a wall or in the corner. I have no idea what to do for this crystal. I use up the limited turns, 25? And you hear the noise telling you you've failed and the crystal breaks. Any help with what to do with this one would be welcome!

k, so what I've gathered so far is that you simply hit the crystal and walk around trying to make a 'loop' (in quotes cuz I've made some really weird shapes that are in no way loops) from where you first hit the crystal and back.....it seems the more moves you can use, the better the reward, I've gotten anything from shotgun shells to nice chests.  And yes indeed, the Master Looper trophy is earned this way. 

Hmmm, i've not tried to make the loop LARGE, i've just been doing the 8 tiles around it... i'll try that and report back

Anyone know what the other 25 turn crystal is? as i've posted above, it doesn't leave coloured tiles behind you, its often in a corner or against a wall so you can't run around it anyway...breaks when i fail.. :(

Ah ok, thnx. I already unlocked the trophy, so I couldn't test it myself.

A little tip - if you're trying to get the trophy 

When you see the crystal just save the game there and if you don't get the trophy just exit to menu and reload

I've done it 3 times but it saves a lot more time compared to finding a new crystal

Anyone know what the other 25 turn crystal is? as i've posted above, it doesn't leave coloured tiles behind you, its often in a corner or against a wall so you can't run around it anyway...breaks when i fail.. :(

Yeah I found out what the other crystal is for (the large transparent one). They come in pairs and you have to get from one crystal to the other within 25 steps to activate both. The more steps you have left, the better the reward is. Walking diagionally (pressing 2 buttons on the D-pad) is the fastest way and only counts as 1 step. Be sure to do a test run first and get rid of enemies and obstacles.

A little tip - if you're trying to get the trophy 

When you see the crystal just save the game there and if you don't get the trophy just exit to menu and reload

I've done it 3 times but it saves a lot more time compared to finding a new crystal

As stated in the quote I already have the trophy ;). That's why I couldn't test the teleportation method myself.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Yeah I found out what the other crystal is for (the large transparent one). They come in pairs and you have to get from one crystal to the other within 25 steps to activate both. The more steps you have left, the better the reward is. Walking diagionally (pressing 2 buttons on the D-pad) is the fastest way and only counts as 1 step. Be sure to do a test run first and get rid of enemies and obstacles.

As stated in the quote I already have the trophy ;). That's why I couldn't test the teleportation method myself.

Sweet.

A quickie while we're here, anyone getting many Skills/Spells?

I'm getting none from nowhere, do you have to do specific things or places or are they just randomly located?

Can anyone deliver the letter to Poppin (the merchant) in Wilson & Alison Inc? Ever time I talk to him, he only asks if I want to buy/sell something.

Sweet.

A quickie while we're here, anyone getting many Skills/Spells?

I'm getting none from nowhere, do you have to do specific things or places or are they just randomly located?

I have 11 skills and 4 pets so far. Some skills are in fixed locations and others seem to be random. Pets also seem to be in specific locations and I got 1 from a side quest.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Can anyone deliver the letter to Poppin (the merchant) in Wilson & Alison Inc? Ever time I talk to him, he only asks if I want to buy/sell something.

I have 11 skills and 4 pets so far. Some skills are in fixed locations and others seem to be random. Pets also seem to be in specific locations and I got 1 from a side quest.

I am supposed to deliver a package to the other teller at the Post Office, and I am having a similar issue...

Yeah, i just did that quest right now. I walked into the area, spoke to the guy out front, he gave me a crafting quest. I went inside the buidling and spoke to Poppin, the guy in the robe, and she just said hello and i was like i have a package, and she took it

and the quest completed.

hmm, are  you sure you have the package in your inventory and not in your storage, or deleted? Maybe a bug otherwise.

Post back if your stuck still, i'll go into detail further about what i did when it completed. :)

I am supposed to deliver a package to the other teller at the Post Office, and I am having a similar issue...

I've not gotten a post office quest yet, so i can't help with that. Don't think i've even been in a post office.

I mentioned above, i've just done the Poppin quest, and it went down smooth. Maybe this is a bug.

eah, i just did that quest right now. I walked into the area, spoke to the guy out front, he gave me a crafting quest. I went inside the buidling and spoke to Poppin, the guy in the robe, and she just said hello and i was like i have a package, and she took it

and the quest completed.

hmm, are  you sure you have the package in your inventory and not in your storage, or deleted? Maybe a bug otherwise.

Post back if your stuck still, i'll go into detail further about what i did when it completed. :)

I've not gotten a post office quest yet, so i can't help with that. Don't think i've even been in a post office.

I mentioned above, i've just done the Poppin quest, and it went down smooth. Maybe this is a bug.

I'm not talking about the parcel delivery for Jin, but a letter delivery for the Post Office. Already did the parcel delivery days ago ;).

Other teller? Who are you talking about?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Other teller? Who are you talking about?

There are two "registers" at the post office counter. The guy on the left gives you the quests. The guy on the right (Postmaster Frank) tells bad jokes ("We know where you live!" "Lick it, stick it, and kiss it goodbye!"), and won't trigger the quest's "I have a package for you" dialog when I try to talk to him.

Edited by SolarCat02

There are two "registers" at the post office counter. The guy on the left gives you the quests. The guy on the right (Postmaster Frank) tells bad jokes ("We know where you live!" "Lick it, stick it, and kiss it goodbye!"), and won't trigger the quest's "I have a package for you" dialog when I try to talk to him.

Oh ok, I've ignored the guy on the righ after delivering the parcel from Jin to the post office.