Verified trophy hunter saying hello!

DKShadow

Hello everyone!

My name is Karl Andre "DKShadow" Pedersen, I'm the Nordic Community Manager at PlayStation Europe... and I'm a trophy hunter. I might even be the Verified PSN account with the most trophies! :D

I've been a trophy hunter since they were introduced, and all my gaming is literally determined by a game's platinum potential - when I'm not playing Final Fantasy XIV that is.

I manage the PS4 community called Trophy Hunters, so if you're looking for another PS4 trophy community to join, come check us out! Also since my PSN ID is Verified, feel free to give me a Follow on the PS4 - and hit me up if you see me playing something we could help each other boost or something :)

Anyway, that's all for now. See you around the forums!

Hello everyone!

My name is Karl Andre "DKShadow" Pedersen, I'm the Nordic Community Manager at PlayStation Europe... and I'm a trophy hunter. I might even be the Verified PSN account with the most trophies! :D

I've been a trophy hunter since they were introduced, and all my gaming is literally determined by a game's platinum potential - when I'm not playing Final Fantasy XIV that is.

I manage the PS4 community called Trophy Hunters, so if you're looking for another PS4 trophy community to join, come check us out! Also since my PSN ID is Verified, feel free to give me a Follow on the PS4 - and hit me up if you see me playing something we could help each other boost or something :)

Anyway, that's all for now. See you around the forums!

Welcome, i've also been a trophy hunter since trophies were born :) it's great to see some official people on here, friend request incoming :D

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll fit right in here.  :wave:

I misread your post at first and for a second I was like...

You think you've been verified as having the most trophies... ummm... have you seen the leaderboard tab here?!

And then I read more closely.  :facepalm:

Do you have any input into features in your role? As an official PS employee, would you be happy to pass on any questions/comments/requested features that PSNP members would like to put to you here?

Hope you enjoy yourself here. ^_^

Thanks! :D

Welcome, i've also been a trophy hunter since trophies were born :) it's great to see some official people on here, friend request incoming :D

Thanks - and accepted! :D

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll fit right in here.  :wave:

I misread your post at first and for a second I was like...

You think you've been verified as having the most trophies... ummm... have you seen the leaderboard tab here?!

Thanks! Haha yeah, I wont pretend I'm anywhere near the actual top of any leaderboards. I was on top 3 on Danish users for years at one point, but that was a long time ago - work doesn't allow me enough time to keep up anymore. Right now I'm enjoying the 18th spot in the country :P

Do you have any input into features in your role? As an official PS employee, would you be happy to pass on any questions/comments/requested features that PSNP members would like to put to you here?

I'll be honest and admit that I probably don't have a lot of power when it comes to this stuff. We do gather stuff like this internally at times though, so suggestions will never fall to deaf ears :)

• Like 1

This might not be within the remit of a community manager, but as a trophy hunter with access, can I ask you this:

What the hell is the criteria for whether a game will be a "large scope" or "small scope" game with regards to whether it will be allowed to have a platinum trophy or not?

You see some very short, uncomplicated games like LA Cops or Teslagrad receiving a platinum trophy, but then some longer, mechanically more complex games don't get them, like Costume Quest off the top of my head.

I have read online that a game will be considered either "large scope" and be allowed to have a platinum trophy and a full trophy list, or "small scope" and be restricted to a shorter list.

What goes into this designation because sometimes, like the examples given above, there doesn't seem to be consistency in how the rules are applied?

This might not be within the remit of a community manager, but as a trophy hunter with access, can I ask you this:

What the hell is the criteria for whether a game will be a "large scope" or "small scope" game with regards to whether it will be allowed to have a platinum trophy or not?

You see some very short, uncomplicated games like LA Cops or Teslagrad receiving a platinum trophy, but then some longer, mechanically more complex games don't get them, like Costume Quest off the top of my head.

I have read online that a game will be considered either "large scope" and be allowed to have a platinum trophy and a full trophy list, or "small scope" and be restricted to a shorter list.

What goes into this designation because sometimes, like the examples given above, there doesn't seem to be consistency in how the rules are applied?

I have wondered the same thing many times, but I don't know the answer unfortunately :(

I have wondered the same thing many times, but I don't know the answer unfortunately :(

Bummer. I guess SCEE keep that top secret? I'm amazed that I can't find a PlayStation brief for developers on submitting their games to the PS platforms, which is what I'd suspect would be the document you'd need to see to answer part of this question. I'd have thought one developer or another would have accidentally leaked it.