War Thunder Trophy Discussion

snakebit10

It's not too bad really.

Although the game is aggravatingly bad if you don't play as Russians. I put hours and hours into the PC version but not sure if I want to slog through grinding towards a plane that can use rockets..

Just be glad that all these are available as 'Random Battle' otherwise it'd be an issue. Arcade Batlles are very generous, especially for the airplanes as you get refills on your Cannons, Rockets, and Bombs. Meaning you can go after the ground targets (NPCs) with your bombs and then switch to focusing on airplanes while your rearm. Just be warned. You WILL be playing against PC players.

Edited by Yadilie

If anyone ever played Birds of Steel or IL-2 Sturmovik on the PS3, they should like War Thunder a lot. It is the successor game, and the most detailed WWII air combat simulator (the only?) available for the PS4. The user interface is cluttered, considering it is a port of a PC game. But it's fun. You have to grind quite a bit (or drop money on micro-transactions) to advance. But as a casual gamer, who loved Birds of Steel, this was a must game to download. It was the first game I got for my PS4 last year.

Edited by macwade_99

You sure it's cross platform??

OP: Trophy images are sick! Trophies looks a bit grindy but nothing hard.

Yep it definitely is. I actually played it before the trophies, and I kept getting put in asshole pc lobbies where everyone had everything unlocked. I'm definitely never playing it again.
  • Like 1

Sadly none of the trophies are retro-active :(  The gold for 3000 kills is a little grindy but the five bronzes for 10 wins at rank 4 are really grindy, so I'm sure most of us will get the gold before all five bronze.  I've been playing for a while now and am only just now about to unlock my first rank 4, and I've only played one country from the start.  Really the worst trophy is going to be Super Soldier, and I blame that squarely upon the PC opponents being the majority of the population you will face.

Edited by DerelictSoul
  • Like 1

It took me around 300 bucks buying premium planes, buying crew skills and premium account, around a year and half of hard core grinding i have (maybe 2/3) of the planes and then i still have to research parts for some them which takes way to long to do in tier 4, tier 5 nearly impossible, will take me more years to do. 

You can research planes quicker if you have stacks of cash to buy overpriced planes that give you a research boost or buy Golden eagle currency which is very expensive for what you can use it for.

If you bought every plane with this golden eagle currency and parts for planes, it would cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars!

PS4 planes do seem to be slower than the PC players and most of them and even a lot of the PS4 players who i play against have magic planes if you know what i mean, they seem to be breeding like rabbits as the amount of them has been growing for months and is out of control lmao.

It used be a fun game, but lately it's just a joke, now i know what PC stands for!

• Like 2

Trophies are quite easy, just EXTREMELY grindy

most difficult one in terms of skill is to get P1 in rank5 match

Thats how I see it. I think that just cause a trophy is grindy does not mean its hard then again I am the person who loves collectibles and grindy trophies (1 more trophy till I am at 1000)

I've been playing the game for about two days now. It's actually really fun. I was a fan of IL-2 Sturmovik when I had it on the PC, but it's been a long time since I played a game like this. I'm hooked at the moment, but the trophies are so grindy I doubt I'll get to even one trophy, let alone all of them. But hey, for a free game, this is solid.

It took me around 300 bucks buying premium planes, buying crew skills and premium account, around a year and half of hard core grinding i have (maybe 2/3) of the planes and then i still have to research parts for some them which takes way to long to do in tier 4, tier 5 nearly impossible, will take me more years to do. 

Seriously?!?  I've only been playing for a couple hours a day for like 3 months and I'm just about to hit rank 4 for Germany.  Haven't spent a dime.  The day this game got trophies I started my American run to get to a plane with rockets quicker and I'm already mid rank 3.  I think you are over estimating the time to 100%.  No grief, I just don't want people to read that and get scared away!  LOL  we need all the ps4 pilots we can get!

Edited by DerelictSoul

It's taken me this long as i;ve been researching planes and then flying them to research every part for them, not just getting them and moving on to the next one.

USA, every plane except for one of the new propeller planes they just added and the last jet that i'm grinding away at.

Every plane has every parts modification researched except for the 3 new propeller planes they just added and all my Jets have hardly any parts except for the B57 full parts, and B57 A most parts.

Jets take 30,000 to 80,000 research point for one part!

Tier 3 planes take ain't even anywhere neat that much to research, lolz.

Germany, every propeller plane researched and fully part researched except for a tier 4 planes as tier 4 planes take a lot of work to research parts for.

Both Arado jet bombers researched, not many parts, partially researched 3 other jets.

British, every plane researched up to tier 3 most fully parts researched.

About 4 tier 4 planes researched, not many parts.

Russia, every plane researched except for jets, most of them fully parts researched except for TU bombers and some tier 4 Yaks, getting there!

Japan nearly every plane up to including Tier 3  researched and fully modded except for a few tier 3's, couple of tier 4's researched and parts researched.

USA tanks several tanks researched and parts researched, 

Hope this explains why it's taken so long, tier 4 is a hard grind, some parts take longer than researching them tier 3 planes brah.

But yeh, it's a lot of fun finishing first place against PC guys who mod or hack their planes and still are noob pilots, LOL!

Great game, graphics, sounds, music, well worth playing even if you don't drop any cash on it.

I've bought several Premium planes which come with all the parts and help with researching planes as they give you a big research points boost which helps grinding them jets.

Imao, tier 3 and tier 4 are the most fun anyways, i play me USA jets every now and then, but it's smaller lobbys, games can finish a bit to fast so not much chance to gain parts research points but can be fun.

Trophy's

War Hero:  

Just play the game, it will come.

Super soldier:

Mission maker:, Dive and shoot a AA, or tank etc, hope you get last kill in same game. (Hard)

Hero of the sky:  Get 10 enemy plane kills, best chance lower tiers planes using maybe German or Russia even USA (Very Hard)

Thunderer: 18 ground unit kills.  Ground strike map, take out AA's, pill boxs tanks attack airfield AA's. Use USA Tier 3 planes P47, P51, B25. or any bomb/fighter (Easy)

Heavy Metal Hero: Kill 10 or more tanks in tank battles, umm wow 16 players a team with 3 respawns good luck! (Very very difficult unless  premium tank?)

Wing breaker: Get most kills in Planes, best trying in lower tiers maybe German, Russian or USA fighter planes, more crew slots, skills, parts better chance. (Very Hard)

This will be the hardest Trophy in the game lmao.

Destructive Precision

Destroy a plane with a Rocket, you know what to do, shoot of a few when close in Yaks in Russia or USA (Easy)

Leader

Win a battle at rank 5 with first place, i used my B57 to take out all 3 enemy bases with a little help from team mates by diving, moving my bomber gently up n down, side to side, when being chased, luckily a mig 15 didn't chase me and one shot kill me and the other guys who were chasing me couldn't shoot the side of a barn and i top scored by a mile from base destruction points. (Hard)

Heavenly Judgement

Destroy 500 vehicles while in airplane using bombs, easy as, use USA as they have best bombers.  I use steel sight, drop when red when low, x a little in front of moving tank, dive on clusters of AA and tanks (Easy)

Bird of Prey

Destroy 100 units while in airplane, yeh, pretty easy to do that!  (Oh so easy)

Steel Hunter

Destroy 100 player tanks, just play tanks, they kills will come eventually, time consuming, research artillery to drop on the enemy to quicken the process (Hard)

Bird Catcher

Destroy 50 airplanes with anti air gun, not played much tanks so dunno much about who has good anti air, i been using USA anti air tanks, got a few kills notched up, just hang back and camp, shoot planes when you see one, will take a lot of hours but possible to do (Hard)

Soviet Patriot, US Patriot, British Patriot, German Patriot, Japanese Patriot

Win 10 battles at rank four for the designated country, hardest part is grinding to get them tier 4 planes, first 3 tiers go fairly quick, but you only need to put tier 4 planes in your line up so even 2 or 3 planes is enough, send the other planes on holiday if you have several crew slots and you don't have enough planes, don't get killed, stay away from the action, survive 50% of the game, hope your team wins.

I can dominate the game finish first and team still lose, so you can win even if you have a bad game or don't do to much.

Luckily i been playing for long time so i had tier 4 planes researched so was a piece of cake for me, hardest part is to get them tier 4 planes and the players skill is higher in tier 4.  (Very hard due to time to get T4 planes)

TIPS

* Don't bother using crew skills on repairing and repair rank

* Use skills points on G-force, Reload speed, Stamina

* Bomb bases for getting lots of RP

* Buy a premium plane in country you like to help with RP and they fun, test fly them first see if you like it. (FW 190 in USA premium tree is a good T4 plane, 5.3 BR worth buying if 50% off normal price)

* Premium planes tanks on sale around xmas maybe other time during year

* USA is best range of planes in my opinion Tier 3 and Tier 4 is great fun bombing and dog fighting also like the German FW 190's and BF 109's Tier 3 and Tier 4 dog fights and bombing.  

* Russian Tier 3 is fun fun, tier 4 is ok,.  Not a fan of British of Japans planes, some people like them but i think PC players have better flap controls in these turn fighters than PS4 players

* Don't chase bombers, let the PC guys take care or them unless you close, shoot him, some die easy but some just take multiple critical damage hits and fly normal, let him be, he ain't dying unless you PKO him!

* Try to keep an eye on the radar, be aware of planes in game, stay away from little packs of planes dog fighting unless you want to be team killed or taken out by faster PC planes.

* If you fly bombers, my strategy is to dive, gain speed, bomb ground units on way to bases, i have quick reload so i can bomb GU and then bomb base/s if i make it

* Premium account days count even if you don't play the game, use wisely if you choose to purchase.

* Use them battle trophy's you get from logging in every day, just log in to get it every day and quit if you don't have time to play to keep the streak running so you get Gold eagle bonus game.

* Buy an ace pilot for a tier 3 plane you like to fly, they pretty cheap for tier 3 planes, get expensive for tier 4 and above, tier 3 is a good tier to fly.

* Try to keep you BR planes at a similar level.  You can be up tiered depending on what you flying. Example a plane with a BR of 5.3 can put you against 6.3 planes, so keep your BR planes close.

* Flying with a 5.7 BR plane can put you against jets with a BR of 7.0, nightmare for you if you only have one 5.7 and the rest are 5.3 or lower, take it out for lower BR plane to get easier game.

* Adjust your sensitivity so your stick are not so touchy, recent changes to G - force black out will have you losing control and make it easier to aim on targets when less sensitive, it;s a fine line between right and wrong, play around with it to find what is right for you.

That's all i can think of at moment, time for bed.

Good luck

Enjoy the game

• Like 1

It's taken me this long as i;ve been researching planes and then flying them to research every part for them, not just getting them and moving on to the next one.

USA, every plane except for one of the new propeller planes they just added and the last jet that i'm grinding away at.

Every plane has every parts modification researched except for the 3 new propeller planes they just added and all my Jets have hardly any parts except for the B57 full parts, and B57 A most parts.

Jets take 30,000 to 80,000 research point for one part!

Tier 3 planes take ain't even anywhere neat that much to research, lolz.

Germany, every propeller plane researched and fully part researched except for a tier 4 planes as tier 4 planes take a lot of work to research parts for.

Both Arado jet bombers researched, not many parts, partially researched 3 other jets.

British, every plane researched up to tier 3 most fully parts researched.

About 4 tier 4 planes researched, not many parts.

Russia, every plane researched except for jets, most of them fully parts researched except for TU bombers and some tier 4 Yaks, getting there!

Japan nearly every plane up to including Tier 3  researched and fully modded except for a few tier 3's, couple of tier 4's researched and parts researched.

USA tanks several tanks researched and parts researched, 

Hope this explains why it's taken so long, tier 4 is a hard grind, some parts take longer than researching them tier 3 planes brah.

But yeh, it's a lot of fun finishing first place against PC guys who mod or hack their planes and still are noob pilots, LOL!

Great game, graphics, sounds, music, well worth playing even if you don't drop any cash on it.

I've bought several Premium planes which come with all the parts and help with researching planes as they give you a big research points boost which helps grinding them jets.

Imao, tier 3 and tier 4 are the most fun anyways, i play me USA jets every now and then, but it's smaller lobbys, games can finish a bit to fast so not much chance to gain parts research points but can be fun.

Yeah that makes much more sense now lol.  I'm just burning through tiers, using 1 plane slot to constantly purchase a new plane and research the next.  The other 3 plane slots I keep the planes I've liked along the way and research all the parts for them while I'm waiting for the new plane.

Bird Catcher

Destroy 50 airplanes with anti air gun, not played much tanks so dunno much about who has good anti air, i been using USA anti air tanks, got a few kills notched up, just hang back and camp, shoot planes when you see one, will take a lot of hours but possible to do (Hard)

Just an FYI, I just had an amazing shot from my M2 tank on a fighter plane for the kill.  Hilarious.  Checked my stats after the match and I had gained credit towards Bird Catcher, so it really doesn't matter what you shoot the aircraft down with, it all counts.  (Except for other aircraft :(  lol  kinda hoped the flight out kills would count for whatever vehicle you were currently in.)