Rainbow Moon General Discussion

Parker

I thought it'd be a good idea to have a thread where everyone can post their progress, thoughts and whatever else about Rainbow Moon. I haven't had the chance to play it yet but it is downloaded and installed and as soon as my Son goes to bed I'll be giving it a play. From the gameplay I've seen it looks extremely fun and I'm sure I'll be spending a ton on time with this title.

Parker

After playing it for about an hour or so, I really like it so far. The combat system is pretty standard but has a few little touches that make it unique to Rainbow Moon and I think the game itself is very pretty, it looks great. I wish there was a Vita version because I think this would be a perfect game for the system. I'll get to play a lot more over the next few weeks and I hope to make a lot of progress as well.

Parker

• 1 month later...

Anyone have the well explorer trophy able to help me finish it up? I have explored the four continents but still seem to be missing one. My shows the following wells so far. If anyone knows of another please tell me.

EDIT: Should have been a bit more patient. Just found the last one. Here's the full list.

Cassar (2)

-In village (Main story)

-Small island east of first island

Euran (14)

-Southeast of Gorodo's house and first dock

-Directly south of first deck from above; must travel through Orad to reach

-In Orad, east side

-Forest southeast of Orad, center area near dungeon

-Far east side of same forest, below campfire

-Oscer Stone Swamp

-Far northeast of continent, next to camp, savant and healer

-Next to Deadlake destert portal

-Southeast area from Deadlake Desert portal

-Wide steep, east area, next to campfire

-Next to Windy Snowland portal

-Inside village of Fjordawik

-Southeast of previous well (Start at Orad and head west to reach)

-Small island south of Orad portal (story related area)

Tscha (1)

North side, west of portal

Arilla (4)

-East side of town

-West of town, slightly above Lottery wheel

-In far east camp

-West and slightly north of previous well

Mordan (4)

-North area of village

-Settle in area north of village (directly north and slightly east of previous well)

-Far north area of continent (east of last well)

-Far east area (west of settllement at far east)

Edited by JCChrono
  • Like 1

Anyone have the well explorer trophy able to help me finish it up? I have explored the four continents but still seem to be missing one. My shows the following wells so far. If anyone knows of another please tell me.

EDIT: Should have been a bit more patient. Just found the last one. Here's the full list.

Cassar (2)

-In village (Main story)

Euran (14)

-In Orad, east side

-Oscer Stone Swamp

Tscha (1)

Arilla (4)

-East side of town

-In far east camp

Mordan (4)

-North area of village

-Settle in area north of village (directly north and slightly east of previous well)

Nice list, you should throw it into the trophy tips on this site. I just found all the wells recently... now onto the final boss fight :shakefist:

Edited by Pontus

Cassar (2)

-In village (Main story)

Euran (14)

-In Orad, east side

-Oscer Stone Swamp

Tscha (1)

Arilla (4)

-East side of town

-In far east camp

Mordan (4)

-North area of village

This is awesome... thanks JCChrono!

*Post-game spoilers*

What quests did people do for teh four fire statues when the level is capped at 250? Those level 400 enemies keep popping up and it seems they're just too fast and strong to beat right now. At the moment I got the fragrance quest in Tscha done, and I beat Big Bang. So I need two more.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing it the last few days, quite fun.  Level 14 right now.

Not a particularly big fan of the leveling system.  Since your stats are capped based on level, killing enemies to get pearls to level my strength up three points to the cap isn't any different than gaining a level and getting 3 strength automatically.  It's just this system takes more work because each character only gets pearls if they land the last hit.  If I want to waste hours overleveling my stats, LET ME DO IT.   I suppose that's a rant for a different thread though.  Also, the bow characters sucks.  Trying to line up it's attacks was very frustrating.  I let it die and never revived it.  Rolled with just the main character until I got another melee character.

Overall though, I like the game a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing it the last few days, quite fun.  Level 14 right now.

Not a particularly big fan of the leveling system.  Since your stats are capped based on level, killing enemies to get pearls to level my strength up three points to the cap isn't any different than gaining a level and getting 3 strength automatically.  It's just this system takes more work because each character only gets pearls if they land the last hit.  If I want to waste hours overleveling my stats, LET ME DO IT.   I suppose that's a rant for a different thread though.  Also, the bow characters sucks.  Trying to line up it's attacks was very frustrating.  I let it die and never revived it.  Rolled with just the main character until I got another melee character.

Overall though, I like the game a lot.

the bow character is actually very useful! if you get painful aim for her she can shoot pretty much anywhere on the map and if used with 'initial strike' she can cause alot of damage before any of your other characters can get close to the enemy.

also certain enemys are very weak against her attacks....

you probably know this already as your post is almost a month old ;)

the bow character is actually very useful! if you get painful aim for her she can shoot pretty much anywhere on the map and if used with 'initial strike' she can cause alot of damage before any of your other characters can get close to the enemy.

also certain enemys are very weak against her attacks....

you probably know this already as your post is almost a month old ;)

Nope  :blink:  I actually went through the entire game with Baldren, Godoro, and Dozero.  Learned about her after I finished the game though, heh.

Edited by ASlimeAppears

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question!

When you buy the passive skills for double money and double xp Etc.. Do you only get it for that specific character or do all characters get it?

Im sure the xp skill is character specific but what about the money skill???

• 1 year later...

Nice thread! Currently, I'm just 2 "Dirty Fingernails" away from the final boss battle but I decided to make a stop at the Murky Basement to complete a few more sidequests. I just completed the Limwar House sidequest in full and oh boy...it ain't easy if under leveled. Limwar himself is level 73 and the Wizard enemies you have to face during the last part of the sidequest are level 70ish too. Here's my current stats (which were lower than this when I finished Limwar House):

http://www.rainbowmoongame.com/profile_802832.html

Also, here's a link to a really good and extensive walkthrough in case anyone gets lost:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL94EF2E5F41C8976D

I have a question!
When you buy the passive skills for double money and double xp Etc.. Do you only get it for that specific character or do all characters get it?
Im sure the xp skill is character specific but what about the money skill???

I think its only for whichever character its equipped on...or at least I suspect so. I noticed that the price for these specific skills increase after you purchase them for the first time (I could only afford them for one character so far) which usually only happens it can be applied to more than one character. Plus, it clearly shows that every character in your party can equip it :P

I picked this game up about a year and a half ago for ps3.  It was a lot of fun if you like this style of RPG.  I really did suck about 110 hours of game time to get the platinum for it.  It was challenging but not over the top difficult.  Enjoy it!

Edited by SP_Sundevil
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...