PolarPhantom

What trophies are unlocked upon transfarring?

20 posts in this topic

If there's a list somewhere of what unlocks and what doesn't when using a save (post-patch) from the PS3 version to the Vita, I would be very grateful. I also imagine there's an invisible checklist of what you've done in a particular save (necks broken, enemies stunned etc.) that only takes into account saves made after the patch.

 

Just doing a little research for a special milestone celebration I have planned...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I get the platinum in the version of ps vita and make the transfer to the PS3 I won all the trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2016 at 8:03 PM, Hunter_Gamma said:

If I get the platinum in the version of ps vita and make the transfer to the PS3 I won all the trophies?

Correct. Make sure you are signed in when you create your initial save though. Trophies will be disabled otherwise. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-16 at 2:28 AM, Paul said:

Correct. Make sure you are signed in when you create your initial save though. Trophies will be disabled otherwise. 

From what I've been told, VR Mission trophies do not carry over (would explain why the fastest achievers are at the 20 minute marks instead of less than 20 seconds).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

From what I've been told, VR Mission trophies do not carry over (would explain why the fastest achievers are at the 20 minute marks instead of less than 20 seconds).

It does. If you created your save while signed in to PSN, then your VR Missions save carries over. I, myself, used Transfarring to pop Virtually Impossible.  

Edited by Paul
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of users have reported some trophies not unlocking. Is it random?

 

EDIT: I mean, I get that whatever isn't in your save file will not trigger (for example if you get the platinum trophy for MGS3 in a single run you won't get the trophies that required you to reload to reset the kill count via transfarring). But many people seem to have an issue with getting Snake Tales and VR Missions to carry over. So then it's either a bug, or they're doing something wrong?

 

EDIT 2: Also, looking at your time stamps I'm wondering how you did it? You clearly beat the PS3 version first, but then all of the Vita trophies seem to have been unlocked the traditional way and not via transfarring (otherwise they would all have popped around the same time, no?).

Edited by Virdeborn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 0:15 AM, Virdeborn said:

Lots of users have reported some trophies not unlocking. Is it random?

 

EDIT: I mean, I get that whatever isn't in your save file will not trigger (for example if you get the platinum trophy for MGS3 in a single run you won't get the trophies that required you to reload to reset the kill count via transfarring). But many people seem to have an issue with getting Snake Tales and VR Missions to carry over. So then it's either a bug, or they're doing something wrong?

 

EDIT 2: Also, looking at your time stamps I'm wondering how you did it? You clearly beat the PS3 version first, but then all of the Vita trophies seem to have been unlocked the traditional way and not via transfarring (otherwise they would all have popped around the same time, no?).

 

On 12/6/2017 at 7:03 PM, Paul said:

 

 

On 12/6/2017 at 0:15 AM, Virdeborn said:

Lots of users have reported some trophies not unlocking. Is it random?

 

EDIT: I mean, I get that whatever isn't in your save file will not trigger (for example if you get the platinum trophy for MGS3 in a single run you won't get the trophies that required you to reload to reset the kill count via transfarring). But many people seem to have an issue with getting Snake Tales and VR Missions to carry over. So then it's either a bug, or they're doing something wrong?

 

EDIT 2: Also, looking at your time stamps I'm wondering how you did it? You clearly beat the PS3 version first, but then all of the Vita trophies seem to have been unlocked the traditional way and not via transfarring (otherwise they would all have popped around the same tim

Edited by Paul
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I got the platinum on VITA first, I made sure I was online when I created the initial save and I always made a point of using only one save slot for all my playthroughs whilst collecting the dog tags. When I transfarred my save over to PS3, literally every single trophy popped except the Boss Survival one. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/5/2018 at 9:02 AM, victorbattensby said:

Personally I got the platinum on VITA first, I made sure I was online when I created the initial save and I always made a point of using only one save slot for all my playthroughs whilst collecting the dog tags. When I transfarred my save over to PS3, literally every single trophy popped except the Boss Survival one. 

 

it also works if I want to play the game on ps3 and then transfer my save to the vita ?  or its just vita to ps3 ??

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if this still works and if so can it be done using the PlayStation now version of MGS2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, BIazkowicz said:

it also works if I want to play the game on ps3 and then transfer my save to the vita ?  or its just vita to ps3 ??

 

Just tried it from my PS3 to Vita. Had 6 trophies on PS3, and only 5 went through.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Just tried it from my PS3 to Vita. Had 6 trophies on PS3, and only 5 went through.

 

I've made a guide for obtaining both platinums here.

 

You can see which trophies get carried over, and which don't. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody confirm if this still works for this game in 2022?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AJ_Radio I just bought a PS Vita and the MGS HD collection. I'll try next week or the week after, I'll keep you in touch.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, walafc0 said:

@AJ_Radio I just bought a PS Vita and the MGS HD collection. I'll try next week or the week after, I'll keep you in touch.

 

Thanks. Really appreciate it if you do.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on what I've read since yesterday, nothing's guaranteed. Some people have all trophies, others had to redo all the dog tag collection, sometimes it's just a few quick and easy trophies to redo. It looks unstable. However, the VR mission trophies should work, either directly when transferring the save, or by just redoing one mission and all 3 trophies pop.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It works @AJ_Radio ! Here's the method I used:

 

- Platinum the game on PS 3 with only 1 save file for the whole story, 1 save file for Snake Tales and 1 save file for the VR missions.

- On the PS3, go to the "Transfarring" menu and then the cloud option. Link all saves to the cloud. In my case, the story related save was already linked to the cloud but I had to link the two others (press R1 to switch between saves).

- On the Vita, go to the "Transfarring" menu and the cloud option. Connect to the PSN if needed by pressing triangle. At this moment, almost all trophies should pop.

 

I had to redo manually the following trophies:

:bronze: Love hurts: Watch Rose kill Raiden on a rooftop

:silver: Who Ya Gonna Call ? : Take a clear photograph of the ghost image in Hold No. 2

:bronze: Sexting : Send Otacon a picture of the marine with no pants

:bronze: Steamed : Kill 5 enemies with pipe steam

 

Et voilà! Enjoy.

Edited by walafc0
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info @walafc0. Will use this once I get around to the game. 👍

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I can confirm it still works, I had to redo 4 trophies:
- Love Hurts

- Who Ya Gonna Call?

- Sexting

- No Boss of Mine

Edited by biokam
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this game easier on ps3 or vita? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.