Fallout 4 Review Roundup

Parker

Who cares about reviews? Go and make your own opinion. Stupid sheep! -_-

Reviews are a great way to get an overview on a game, before buying it. You can't form an opinion on a game until you play it. Would you rather everyone waste $60 just to try a game and form their own opinion? Reviews are necessary.

• Like 1

Looks promising, so there are no reports of performance issues either?

Eurogamer tested the game out, it runs pretty steadily on PS4 with a mediocre 28 FPS, however in big fights it could drop to 25. Also when fighting a Deathclaw it went down to 20, but that may be because they optimised it for Xbone.

Xbone had a frame drops to 0 fps a few times, however I think thats a bug, but it runs relativley good on Xbone even though it has more drops. It runs at a stable 25 fps but often drops below that. When fighting a Deathclaw iit runs smooth, but drops when fighting other enemies wich PS4 don't.

When both is standing still looking at the huge world PS4 is at 28 and Xbone at 25.

So no consolw has too much drops, however Xbone did drop to 0 more then one time (but not many)

Yeah, stop that right now. If you have a different opinion than someone else, fine, but don't insult others for not sharing that opinion. 

Parker

No. Reviews are worthless as you simply don't know the taste of the reviewer. You can find any rating for any game on the internet. Reviews are also worthless, because the testers don't even finish the games due to deadlines. Commercial platforms have to throw out reviews as soon as possible to get enough clicks. I can remember when many reviewers gave mediocre or even negative ratings for "Shadow of the Colossus", because they didn't spend enough time with it. Yeah, sure, today the game is considered a masterpiece, but as of 2005, many gaming portals and magazines had to update their articles and even had to apologize. "Sorry, we only played it for an hour." This wasn't the only game where stuff like this happened. "Catherine" and "Demon's Souls" faced similar problems. You simply cannot judge a 100 hour game after a short sneak peak. -_- I have played "Fallout 4" for 16 hours, but can't judge anything. I haven't finished the story and I clearly haven't traveled the entire map.

If you're too scared to build your own opinion then look for non commercial reviews. They mostly play the games for fun and not for the sake of making money.

You can watch me if ya need some gameplay: http://www.twitch.tv/gildenmagier

Edited by Rocketbean
  • Like 2

No. Reviews are worthless as you simply don't know the taste of the reviewer. You can find any rating for any game on the internet. Reviews are are also worthless, because the testers don't even finish the games due to deadlines. Commercial platforms have to throw out reviews as soon as possible to get enough clicks. I can remember when many reviewers gave mediocre of even negative ratings for "Shadow of the Colossus", because they didn't spend enough time with it. Yeah, sure, today the game is considered a masterpiece, but as of 2005, many gaming portals and magazines had to update their articles and even had to apologize. "Sorry, we only played it for an hour." This wasn't the only game where stuff like this happened. "Catherine" and "Demon's Souls" faced similar problems. You simply cannot judge a 100 hour game after a short sneak peak. -_- I have played "Fallout 4" for 16 hours, but can't judge anything. I haven't finished the story and I clearly haven't traveled the entire map.

If you're too scared to build your own opinion then look for non commercial reviews. They mostly play the games for fun and not for the sake of making money.

You can watch me if ya need some gameplay: http://www.twitch.tv/gildenmagier

I don't disagree with much of what you're saying, but to say reviews are worthless is wrong in my opinion. I look to reviews as a general guide about the game, I pretty much know what I'm going to get into when I purchase a game, especially if it is a sequel like Fallout 4, but reviews give me even more information. I mainly watch video reviews because I only really care about gameplay as I can generally gauge whether or not I'll enjoy something based on someone else playing, that might not be something some people can do but it is certainly something I do and reviews are very helpful in that sense. 

But again, my issue isn't with your opinion, it is you calling other people "stupid sheep." That isn't acceptable here, so please refrain from referring to fellow PSNP members in such a manner. 

Parker