Slay 5000 monsters the easy way

Strangeloop641

No need to be frustrated with the Slay 5000 monsters trophy as you can get this safely by abusing the save function.

Whenever you get to the next dungeon level, quit the game and upload your save to PS+. Then start the game again and continue from where you left. A new random dungeon will be created, but your character progress will be saved. Your kill count will only be saved when you reach a new dungeon floor, so don't quit before you reach a new floor. Whenever you die, simply download your save from PS+ and continue.

Obviously, to save time, only start doing this when the levels get so tough that you actually risk getting killed. Also make sure you kill all monsters on each floor to save time.

I got the trophy at dungeon level 40 using the warrior.

No need to be frustrated with the Slay 5000 monsters trophy as you can get this safely by abusing the save function.

Whenever you get to the next dungeon level, quit the game and upload your save to PS+. Then start the game again and continue from where you left. A new random dungeon will be created, but your character progress will be saved. Your kill count will only be saved when you reach a new dungeon floor, so don't quit before you reach a new floor. Whenever you die, simply download your save from PS+ and continue.

Obviously, to save time, only start doing this when the levels get so tough that you actually risk getting killed. Also make sure you kill all monsters on each floor to save time.

I got the trophy at dungeon level 40 using the warrior.

Not really easier, and I did note this in my guide on .org, but definitely safer.

For anyone reading, the issue is that the 5000 is NOT cumulative, it must be done in 1 run. As the OP notes, that will require you to get to ~ lvl 40. If you screw up and die on 35 (which can happen, the levels get pretty hard and insta-death can happen if you get a bad layout/spawn), then progress resets.

Just an aside, on the Vita you can upload from the start screen, you do not need to quit and restart - If you press the PS button on the Vita, the launch screen appears, but the game does not close. Tap the PSPlus tab in the upper R, and your save will upload. You can then resume the game - this saves time over using the Content Manager to upload the save (which requires you to fully exit the game). You don't need to quit and restart unless you die and need to restore an older save.

• Like 1

Just curious, what's the furthest dungeon you can get to?

Not sure as I pretty much gave up at 40, but the difficult seems to max out around 30's, so I would assume you could go forever.

Again, that is an assumption, but there is nothing suggesting that at a certain point things reset.