Post your favourite song of all times

Platisfaction

Alright, this is about your favourite song of all times! Please don't post anything you're enjoying atm but which you will be sick and tired of in two weeks. If you like to you can also share the story behind the song. K, I'll start:

This is part of the soundtrack of the TV adaption of Stephen King's The Stand. Of course this song is way older, but this was the first time I listened to it. However, this was in pre-internet days, and it took me years to find out the artist and the name of the song. I checked out all the other songs Blue Oyster Cult made and I must say I don't like any of the others. Dunno why, but this song is giving me the creeps every time I hear it.

• Like 2

This was the song my grandma used to put me to sleep every night. It's also one of the few songs that can calm me down when I'm super upset.

Awesome pick! :yay: We started playing classical music to our daughter when she was still in the womb. She loves it. We have a CD called Lullaby Classics, this song is on it, too. :D

Heard this song for the first time on Guitar Hero and became obsessed with it. Plus during my college karaoke days there was this woman that thought she was the queen of the stage cause she could sing Heart's "Alone". She made a snide comment after one of my songs so I followed it up with this. I listened to this song multilpe times a day so it was an incredible performance. The look she gave me was priceless, and she never critisized me again. Trophy unlocked.

[media=]

[/media]

Heard this song for the first time on Guitar Hero and became obsessed with it. Plus during my college karaoke days there was this woman that thought she was the queen of the stage cause she could sing Heart's "Alone". She made a snide comment after one of my songs so I followed it up with this. I listened to this song multilpe times a day so it was an incredible performance. The look she gave me was priceless, and she never critisized me again. Trophy unlocked.

Nice song :o Never heard it before, but it's really awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz8EKpAymFM&feature=related

Be aware this song lasts a whole 40 minutes! B)

I first heard this song (or at least the 1st half of it as it was broadcast in 2 parts on 2 consecutive days) on the John Peel radio show on Radio One back in 1992 and it basically changed the way I listened to music and got me into ambient in a big way. Such a beautiful track and still sounds amazing after 20 years :awesome:

I don't really have one, but for right now it's "Fall" from the Armored Core 4 soundtrack. Primarily because of when it starts playing.

Final boss of the game: Joshua O'Brien. piloting White Glint. This guy helped you a few times throughout the game, and then you end up having to fight, and kill him, in the last mission. Not because he was secretly bad. Not because he had ulterior motives - but because the research institute he was a part of was being threatened with destruction if he didn't attack you.

You really don't want to fight him. Partially because of the fact that he's kind of a friend - but also because, he's a damn beast :P

Good to see a Dream Theater fan around here. I have a hard time finding one single song that I like above all others. But I guess I'll go with Devin Townsends Deadhead. Devy is definitely my favorite musician of all time and choosing just one song is pretty difficult but I'll always love this song

I don't know if I necessarily have a favourite, but this song is absolute perfection. Love-removal Machine by The Cult. I always have to crank this song when it comes on the radio... brilliant!

[media=]

[/media]

You still got this one on the radio up where you live? :P Nice song though!

Man there are so many songs that I put in the catagory of my favorite of all time. Depending on my mood any number of them can be the right song. There are alot of them up here already that I would put in that catagory from Tciachovsky to the Eagles, and Tiesto Adagio for Strings. One I didn't see that is a little different but still resonates with me is called Dhoom Tana from the movie Om Shanti Om.

Edited by allenbird
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...