Opinion on "Don't worry, Be happy" trophy

Sir_Bee

Personally, I enjoy the fact that losing a fight does not really cost you anything. You spawn right outside the fight with just one health, so you can heal and try again. I find that this encourages me to try more difficult fights that I likely would not have tried otherwise. Its also nice that your flee option is 100% effective in every situation. In other RPG's (FF being my main source), it would always frustrate me getting into a boss fight that I am not ready for, and then not being able to run away. I just have to stand there and die, like the game was punishing me for trying something challenging. So I find this a nice change of pace. With that being said, I really don't mind that they have a trophy for losing 3 times, or running away from 30 fights.

I was curious what you guys and girls thought of the trophies for running away or losing battles?

I'm not really a fan of trophies that require you to lose, but if you don't lose anything by losing a battle I suppose it doesn't really matter. I'm a weird RPG player in that I can never let any of my teammates die or faint or it really, really bothers me and I have to restart the game to retry a fight. In Pokemon in particular I remember an NPC saying if a Pokemon faints it will start to dislike you the more you let it faint, so I've never let a Pokemon faint since the original Red and Blue games. If they do faint I restart the game to my previous save file and try a fight again.

That being said, I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to start a new file just to get these two trophies and then continue from my main file.

Parker

I'm not really a fan of trophies that require you to lose, but if you don't lose anything by losing a battle I suppose it doesn't really matter. I'm a weird RPG player in that I can never let any of my teammates die or faint or it really, really bothers me and I have to restart the game to retry a fight. In Pokemon in particular I remember an NPC saying if a Pokemon faints it will start to dislike you the more you let it faint, so I've never let a Pokemon faint since the original Red and Blue games. If they do faint I restart the game to my previous save file and try a fight again.

That being said, I suppose it wouldn't be difficult to start a new file just to get these two trophies and then continue from my main file.

Parker

I have a similar issue. While I am not opposed to letting characters die, I will not finish the fight until I have them all back alive again. I would risk losing the battle, just to make sure everyone comes out of the battle alive :). It is just something about leaving a man behind that bothers me.

I have a similar issue. While I am not opposed to letting characters die, I will not finish the fight until I have them all back alive again. I would risk losing the battle, just to make sure everyone comes out of the battle alive :). It is just something about leaving a man behind that bothers me.

Yeah I understand that. Have you ever played a game called Tactics Ogre? When your teammates died in that game they were gone for good and it took quite a while for me to finish that game with no deaths. :lol:

To get kind of back on topic, I've been wanting to get into more RPG's and Rainbow Moon has been fantastic so far. I've been wanting a Golden Sun style game for a Sony system for a long ass time and this is pretty close other than the combat system. If Sony announced a Golden Sun for the Vita I think I would cry though as that series is probably my favorite RPG series of all time, possible tied with Gen I and II of Pokemon.

Parker

Haven't purchased the game yet, but the more I hear about it, the more I consider it.

If you're an RPG fan at all I highly recommend it. It's only $15 (less for PS+ members) and it seems to have just as much content as many $60 full retail releases. I haven't been able to really immerse myself yet (that's what a kid and friends who don't have their own shop or know how to fix their own vehicles will do...) but I've really enjoyed the short time I've spent with it thus far.

Parker

Since it's only losing three times, I don't see much of a bother with it. But I have the same mentality with keeping allies alive. Usually whenever I have to do these kind of failure trophies or ones that require me to be evil when I want to play good, I save my game and then do all the actions and reload my old game. So that was like a parallel universe to my real adventure and it doesn't "affect" my actual team. Fallout 3 required this strategy often since many of the quests were just cruel.

Still haven't played my copy of Rainbow Moon cause I'm in the last dungeon of a game, but hopefully tonight I'll get to see it's glory. I scoured boards looking for negative comments and I've found is disliking the look of the party members and bosses are too hard (due to low level). And everyone else praises it like its their only child. :awesome: So, yeah, hype is growing to the extreme.

Still haven't played my copy of Rainbow Moon cause I'm in the last dungeon of a game, but hopefully tonight I'll get to see it's glory. I scoured boards looking for negative comments and I've found is disliking the look of the party members and bosses are too hard (due to low level). And everyone else praises it like its their only child. :awesome: So, yeah, hype is growing to the extreme.

Honestly, my biggest disappointment with the game is that you are limited to 3 characters under your control. It would be cool to attack a massive swarm of enemies combining all 6 characters at once. Other then that, I am absolutely loving this game.

On topic of the thread however. I got this trophy within the first dungeon. I was not trying to, it just happened lol.

I was curious what you guys and girls thought of the trophies for running away or losing battles?

Extra, unnecessary padding of trophies and nothing more. The developers could easily have cut these two and left the other 51 intact and it wouldn't have made an iota of difference.

The trophy issue aside, I agree with pretty much what has been said above about not overly punishing the player for losing/running. I'm sure most of us have stories about having blundered into that "one more fight" after not having saved for an hour or six, losing a ton of progress as a direct result, and then rage-quitting the game and never picking it up again. Personally, I'd prefer some minor penalty for losing/fleeing, but if my choices are "zero penalty" and "lose everything MUHAHAHAHAHA!", I'll vote for the former every time.

Parker

Game of Thrones has a trophy for not letting anyone die. Sounds like you'd have no trouble with that.