Trophy thoughts?

ShadowStar83x

Out of all the games included with the Star Wars bundle, this one has a Vita version listed. This means a. it will likely be on Vita! :awesome: and b. if it's gonna be on Vita then that means Vita owners need access to it which means these games will probably go on sale for everyone!

I'm very intrigued at the idea of some classic Star Wars games with trophies. With that being said, I've heard some crazy things about how hard this one is... I can't wait just to play it to be honest with you. :D

Edited by Blue Flare

Out of all the games included with the Star Wars bundle, this one has a Vita version listed. This means a) it will likely be on Vita! :awesome: and B) if it's gonna be on Vita then that means Vita owners need access to it which means these games will probably go on sale for everyone!

I'm very intrigued at the idea of some classic Star Wars games with trophies. With that being said, I've heard some crazy things about how hard this one is... I can't wait just to play it to be honest with you. :D

Or b.) might show PS Vita by mistake like a few games that have PS Vita on the list but never got the version out.

OT: I heard this is like one of the hardest SNES game. Mainly cause there's no proper save.

Edited by Suicidal Turtle
  • Like 1

Out of all the games included with the Star Wars bundle, this one has a Vita version listed. This means a) it will likely be on Vita! :awesome: and B) if it's gonna be on Vita then that means Vita owners need access to it which means these games will probably go on sale for everyone!

Yeah, they've already confirmed they're going to be sold separately on the PS store :)

Anyways, I've completed Super Star Wars only once (with Luke) and it was tough (at least I remember it being tough). Didn't much care for the landspeeder bits, and don't think I'll ever get all these trophies (especially the difficulty one), but still looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I think the game being on Vita is interesting, even though I really, really doubt it's actually anything more than an error.

The trophy icons though, I've never really given a shit about them in any game, but, and maybe it's just my love of the Wars (I actually am rewatching the movies now with the girlfriend in prep of number 7), but these icons look superb. 

Or b.) might show PS Vita by mistake like a few games that have PS Vita on the list but never got the version out.
I think the game being on Vita is interesting, even though I really, really doubt it's actually anything more than an error.

Now I have almost solid confirmation that the Vita version does exist because the US PlayStation Blog also lists it for PS4 and Vita with cross buy in this week's drop.

Super Star Wars

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

22349461874_5dc439218c.jpg

Enhanced for PS4 with new save features, leaderboards, Trophies, and updated display and controller options. Risk your life as a Jedi Knight! Join Luke, Han, and Chewbacca in their fierce war against the evil Empire.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/15/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-11172015/

OT: I heard this is like one of the hardest SNES game. Mainly cause there's no proper save.

Also in the Blog post, it says that there is now a new save system for the game. Might make things a little bit easier.

Edited by Blue Flare

Now I have almost solid confirmation that the Vita version does exist because the US PlayStation Blog also lists it for PS4 and Vita with cross buy in this week's drop.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/15/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-11172015/

I suppose if any of them were to come to Vita, it would be the one from the 80s (I think)

I suppose this is good, the save thing on that post has me happies. The Vita is (or, if I still had one, it would be) my first choice for retro games. Everything looks perfect on that screen and the controls are tight and the pick up and play nature of a lot of these games justifies me putting a brick in my pocket and having to pull my shorts up every 5 minutes. 

I'm soooooo looking forward to the wave of star wars games coming for us :D 

I'll complete all of them, no matter how hard they will be. And normally I dont like games without a plat. But Star Wars is like my life tho so ^^

The trophies from super star wars look reeeeeeeeally sexy btw hehehe

I'm super relieved to report that you can save your way to Jedi Master. It's still really hard so you want to move forward a bit then save. Do that all the way through. There is only one save file though so if you die then save, you'll have to start right back at the beginning which is what I did on the last level.

• Like 1

I'm super relieved to report that you can save your way to Jedi Master. It's still really hard so you want to move forward a bit then save. Do that all the way through. There is only one save file though so if you die then save, you'll have to start right back at the beginning which is what I did on the last level.

Actually you have two save files, but only one can be used at time (one file for cross-save or online and one offline, this one can only be used if you are not connected on the network) for me the hardest part in the game to do a no-death run is the X-wing Death Star (not the X-Wing trench part) because the framerate is HIGHER than the original SNES version and because of that the enemies are VERY LIKELY to hit you ALMOST ALL THE TIME, it took me literaly TWO annoying hours to actually pass that part of the final stage without dying and without saving in the middle of the stage. And don't forget that you CANNOT use Debug Mode for the Han Shot First trophy.

• 4 weeks later...

For my first play-through, I did it on BRAVE setting and daaaaannnggg that was hard. I remember it being hard back in the day and that i NEVER finished it back then. Don't think I got off Tatooine back then. 

Now that I'm playing a couple additional levels to get a few extra trophies I set it to Easy and its MUCH more forgiving. As for that Gold for Jedi play-through...gonna skip that one. 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Nothing too difficult. But this game is incredibly cheap.

The boss in Level 9 is very cheap and there's no surefire way to kill him without taking a few hits. I literally had to farm for lightsabers to increase my max health and I just spammed the fire button once he appeared on the screen.

If you can get him on the right side of the screen and continue to fire he will sometimes stumble for a bit, but he will generally move towards you and attack with his stretched head.

The last level is basically shoot and pray because the controls are crap and I had to save every time I destroyed some towers and fighters.

Fairly easy abusing the load and save options, just be prepared to do a lot of reloading.