PSN product codes possibly expired, anyone experience this?

DaivRules

So I'm finally getting into Soul Sacrifice and would like to finish it. I received some codes for Dragon Fang, Stone Arrow, Flame Bumb and some other stuff. The problem seems to be I received these codes in May of 2013 and never "redeemed" them. I've got some others for full PS4 games as well that I may have to redeem or give away if I don't use them soon. 

Now these codes seem to be expired. Anyone have experience with this that may have been able to get them re-activated? Or am I just out of luck?

There are expiry dates. Usually 2 years after release. After that youre out of luck. It will be fine print on it

There was no fine print. The developers of Soul Sacrifice did a little presentation and gave away these codes to those of us that participated. I'm not talking about online passes that are included with games. This was just a code for an in-game item.

I already asked the maintainers of the program I'm part of to see if they give me a definitive answer from authority, I was just wondering if someone else had experience with getting some resolution or if people just gave up when they got the expired message and didn't try to ask anyone. 

So I'm finally getting into Soul Sacrifice and would like to finish it. I received some codes for Dragon Fang, Stone Arrow, Flame Bumb and some other stuff. The problem seems to be I received these codes in May of 2013 and never "redeemed" them. I've got some others for full PS4 games as well that I may have to redeem or give away if I don't use them soon.

Now these codes seem to be expired. Anyone have experience with this that may have been able to get them re-activated? Or am I just out of luck?

I had this issue when I purchased God of War Saga, I tried the expired code and it redeemed just fine, if you haven't, I'd give it a shot

Your just outta luck pal, should of redeemed them when you had the chance

Some codes can be redeem even after expiration date, if you have the voucher, check if it says if can be redeem even after expiration date. From all the vouchers I received, the only code which couldn't be redeemed after it expired that I remember was the Deimos skin code for God of War III.

Some companies (the good ones) give you 5 years to redeem codes. Other ones, like in my case of Assassins Creed 3, give you just 5 months to redeem the code. 5 months might seem like a long time but I had waited 9 months before I could get the money for a new TV after mine was damaged in an earthquake and had a good sized backlog once I started gaming again and didn't play it till last year. Emailing Ubisoft and explaining my situation did nothing as well. Needless to say I now check expiry dates for codes and mostly redeem them as soon as I get them.

Edited by FilmFanatic

It's only sort of related, but I hate preowned games that include used codes for downloadable stuff. GoW saga for example has GoW 1,2 and 3 on disc, and the PSP HD ones via download.

Now, I'm not gonna lie and say I did something else, I straight up wanted to steal the codes. What I did, or what I tried to do, was take a photo of the included code while I was in store, which I did successfully, then leave, activate the code, and have some free God of War goodness. Yes, I know, I'm an asshole, sue me.

Anyway, the code had, obviously, been redeemed by someone else, which would be a bit of a piss off if I actually bought the collection.

I mean, sure, you can say "DLC codes may no longer be valid" all you want to cover your ass, but at the end of the day, your price should be reflective of that. If the set new is around 50 bucks in most places (on sale for 36 at EB now actually), then your preowned set which may or may not have 2 of the 5 listed games actually inside of it, should not be selling for 40 dollars, Cash Converters.

Some companies (the good ones) give you 5 years to redeem codes. Other ones, like in my case of Assassins Creed 3, give you just 5 months to redeem the code. 5 months might seem like a long time but I had waited 9 months before I could get the money for a new TV after mine was damaged in an earthquake and had a good sized backlog once I started gaming again and didn't play it till last year. Emailing Square Enix and explaining my situation did nothing as well. Needless to say I now check expiry dates for codes and mostly redeem them as soon as I get them.

Why would you contact Square-Enix over an Assassin's Creed code though?

Turns out I might have already thought ahead and redeemed these codes. Sony is just kinda dumb and gives a generic "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entry."

These redeemed codes do not show up in the download list on my PSN account. Also, for Soul Sacrifice, you have to get to a certain point in the game and then go into a different menu to access the items. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some codes can be redeem even after expiration date, if you have the voucher, check if it says if can be redeem even after expiration date. From all the vouchers I received, the only code which couldn't be redeemed after it expired that I remember was the Deimos skin code for God of War III.

Hey, if you grab Ghost of Sparta for PSP from the PS+ May titles, you'll get the Deimos Skin!

6rox03.png