Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

Well, I completely dropped the ball with Prince of Persia 08. :(

While finishing off my 1,001 light seeds, I decided to save my game and accidentally saved over the wrong file and screwed myself out of the last couple of trophies I needed for the platinum (combos and sprints). Now, I need to start a new playthrough, but only have to play through enough to clear the areas needed for the sprints so, I guess it's not that bad.

Well, I completely dropped the ball with Prince of Persia 08. :(

While finishing off my 1,001 light seeds, I decided to save my game and accidentally saved over the wrong file and screwed myself out of the last couple of trophies I needed for the platinum (combos and sprints). Now, I need to start a new playthrough, but only have to play through enough to clear the areas needed for the sprints so, I guess it's not that bad.

Thats shitty luck man. Shoulda got that PS+, maybe your file would have been in the cloud :P 

Everyone's waiting for me to start my game. :ninja:

I'm gonna do my best tonight to knock out a few of the 6 remaining trophies needed for the platinum (or all 6 of them, depending on how smoothly it goes).

Wish you good look with that :D I still hope, that we will eventually see a new game in the style of the cell shading PoP

• Like 2

I technically have my game, just need to download it still xD once I get these next 2 plays, Okami gets my undivided attention.

I should download and play Okami, too. Loved it on the PS2, but never finished it on the PS3 :D 

But it's an awesome and beautiful game. You will probably love it :D 

• Like 2

So, I spent some time farting around with Prince of Persia 08 tonight and did the two trophies for all combos and the 14 hit combo. I started to clean up the areas needed for the 4 sprints and then realized that I basically need to clear out 12 areas and collect 540 light seeds before I can do them so, I did a couple of areas and then shut it down for the night.

Screwing up my save and needing to replay for the sprints works out to about 70% of a whole other playthrough but, I was expecting a full playthrough before getting the two surprise trophies last time so, I feel like I'm still a tiny bit ahead of my original schedule.

I should be ready to roll with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow around the same time as most everyone else considering the end of the month is coming, people are getting paid and there's lots of Black Friday sales going on. I'm gonna have to hold off playing the PoP 08 dlc for a bit though. Otherwise, that'll be a few more days tacked on to the schedule before I start my game.

• Like 1

I managed to sink in a few more hours into FFX over the past few days - it took me a bit too long to figure out the Dijoise(?) temple puzzle but I somehow managed to get there in the end xD I'm still really enjoying it though! I haven't looked through the trophies for it yet in case there's spoilers and such but I'm still at 3% (2/34 trophies) - I know, it's so impressive :P

I'm optomistic for Dynasty Warriors 8 and I was planning to play the core series, but that might not have happened until 2018. Fortunately you selected the most recent one and I guess I'll check out Dynasty Warriors 7 next year to see what was missing between versions and maybe I'll enjoy it to a similar degree to DW 8. If Dynasty Warriors 9 is created perhaps an English dub can be released as I've always seen it as part of its nostalgic charm. Yuanji being faster than a hourse sounds hilarious and I'll have to see if she can rival Sonic the Hedgehog.

Ouch, hopefully your group takes a few weeks off after finishing Tales of Symphonia before heading into the sequel as that game is pretty bad; for example, the first chapter has a monologue between two characters and two minutes later the protagonist does a flash back to that scene. Gladsheim is gonna be a bore if you go through it as it takes hours and it uses four rooms repeatedly to pad out its random dungeon design. I don't know how this game is so bad when Tales of Graces was on the Wii as well and that game turned out to be alright.

It's nice to hear that you're enjoying Final Fantasy X and yeah, it sucks that the Vita version has X-2 as a voucher without a PSN store option at least. Since you're doing a blind playthrough and I do want to warn you about some missable Al Bhed Primers, I'll hide it in a spoiler.

Three of the Primers are in the Al Bhed Home and one is before entering the Bevelle Temple.

I just looked at Crunchyroll and was surprised to see Digimon Tri as episodes; I thought it was coming out in three films. Thanks for the heads up and I'll watch the four episodes tomorrow and see how the Digidestined have grown up with season 2 taking part in an alternate universe(again, another sequel that does a disservice to the original work).

There are some similarities between 7 and 8 (like the ability to have two different weapons and that you can only choose between certain officers when playing specific battles in story mode) but I thought that it was quite different from 8. I think that for the core titles and possibly xtreme legends games they have an English dub so I hope for 9 it's the same (I think a year or so ago a producer of the series said that they were going to make changes to the format for 9 so I'm hoping that they don't mess around with it too much ><). I have a feeling that having not played it in a bit has skewed my memories of the game so don't be surprised if Yuanji's not as fast as a horse :P she's still pretty fast though haha

Oh god, why do games do that  :facepalm: that sounds like it's noooot going to be fun. Now I'm just hoping I can make it through the game staying sane :P

Yeah it sucks, I may pick up the PS3 version in the near future to play it unless I can find another Vita version of the game that has the code with it, but we'll see haha. Thank you for the tips!! Hopefully I can remember to try and pick them up, but I have a feeling that I've already missed some which sort of sucks ><

haha no problem! The series is supposed to be split into 6 movies (with the second coming out in March of next year) but Crunchyroll split the first movie into episodes of 4, which is quite weird. I was hoping to re-watch the whole series before Tri started but it came out sooner than I thought so I spent most of the movie confused about what was happening xD I've heard bad things about the second series though so I'm hoping I can make it through it before the second movie is released! Did you enjoy the first movie?

Also, it's good to see DW8 arrived for you early! I hope you enjoy it :D

• Like 1

I just put in another small amount of time with PoP 08. I cleared a couple of areas and did 1 of the 4 sprint trophies. I'm coming to the end of my rope with this game and I'm kind of eager to move on. I feel like I have enough steam to score 1 sprint trophy per night so, 3 nights left until I get the :platinum::)

On another note; it seems odd that 10 people, living for 24 hours each, can only muster up 4 posts combined (and that number also includes the hundreds of people that are watching from the sidelines, but we'll just stick with those involved for now :P ). 4 posts in 240 hours of life leads me to believe that this event isn't exactly drawing the eyeballs in this direction.

I'm sure the numbers would suggest that it's the most successful installment to date so, not sure why I still feel like it's been slack. It could be because there's been so much more new stuff going on in this forum since the second installment. It could also be that I'm just bored and checking for responses more frequently. :lol:

I'll crunch some numbers and see if something needs to be done. Who knows? Maybe this is the best one so far and I just need to check my brain. Maybe this'll be the last one, or maybe we need to add a statistic/prize for viewer participation. I guess only time will tell. :dunno:

• Like 2

I just put in another small amount of time with PoP 08. I cleared a couple of areas and did 1 of the 4 sprint trophies. I'm coming to the end of my rope with this game and I'm kind of eager to move on. I feel like I have enough steam to score 1 sprint trophy per night so, 3 nights left until I get the :platinum::)

On another note; it seems odd that 10 people, living for 24 hours each, can only muster up 4 posts combined (and that number also includes the hundreds of people that are watching from the sidelines, but we'll just stick with those involved for now :P ). 4 posts in 240 hours of life leads me to believe that this event isn't exactly drawing the eyeballs in this direction.

I'm sure the numbers would suggest that it's the most successful installment to date so, not sure why I still feel like it's been slack. It could be because there's been so much more new stuff going on in this forum since the second installment. It could also be that I'm just bored and checking for responses more frequently. :lol:

I'll crunch some numbers and see if something needs to be done. Who knows? Maybe this is the best one so far and I just need to check my brain. Maybe this'll be the last one, or maybe we need to add a statistic/prize for viewer participation. I guess only time will tell. :dunno:

Well so far only 3 people (i think) have actually started their games so that probably has something to do with it xD Maybe a something like a post requirement is needed before you can sign up? I see a lot of events have something like that, just so we dont get random lurkers sign up that arent really too involved in the community. But thats not necessarily the case here as everyone has more or less kept everyone up to date on their progress. 

Im personally just ripping my eyes out with Driveclub and dont even get me started on Destiny. I might just have to bail on getting the destiny plat before starting Okami, but Driveclub bikes is getting finished tomorrow no doubt. 

• Like 4

I think it's just that over half the participants don't have their games yet. Not much you can put in a daily upate at that point other than "game still ordered, still waiting on shipping." Then we have people who have their game but are trying to finish up something else before starting the game for the event. :ninja:

I see what you guys are saying. I guess my point is; one shouldn't need to have their game ordered or in their hands just to drop by and talk about what's been going on in their other games, holiday preparations, or just everyday life. :dunno:

Just for the hell of it, I decided to put in another hour or so with PoP 08 and managed to snag the second of four sprint trophies. Only 2 left for the :platinum: now! :jaymon::dance:

Might even git 'er dun tomorrow. :ninja:

I've been spending a little bit of the evening looking over the Co-op sale in the NA PS Store and seeing what PS3 stuff looks good for the pickin'. Trine 2 for $3 is pretty damn sweet. Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune for $8 each might work out well also. I get paid tomorrow but, about $750 is gonna disappear in a heartbeat, I gotta get groceries for the next 4-5 weeks and I already have my eyes on a couple of other games at the local store; I might even have to skimp on the coffee to scoop up the two game show games. :ninja:

... yeah right. Can you imagine? :lol:

• Like 1

I managed to sink in a few more hours into FFX over the past few days - it took me a bit too long to figure out the Dijoise(?) temple puzzle but I somehow managed to get there in the end xD I'm still really enjoying it though! I haven't looked through the trophies for it yet in case there's spoilers and such but I'm still at 3% (2/34 trophies) - I know, it's so impressive :P

There are some similarities between 7 and 8 (like the ability to have two different weapons and that you can only choose between certain officers when playing specific battles in story mode) but I thought that it was quite different from 8. I think that for the core titles and possibly xtreme legends games they have an English dub so I hope for 9 it's the same (I think a year or so ago a producer of the series said that they were going to make changes to the format for 9 so I'm hoping that they don't mess around with it too much ><). I have a feeling that having not played it in a bit has skewed my memories of the game so don't be surprised if Yuanji's not as fast as a horse :P she's still pretty fast though haha

Oh god, why do games do that  :facepalm: that sounds like it's noooot going to be fun. Now I'm just hoping I can make it through the game staying sane :P

Yeah it sucks, I may pick up the PS3 version in the near future to play it unless I can find another Vita version of the game that has the code with it, but we'll see haha. Thank you for the tips!! Hopefully I can remember to try and pick them up, but I have a feeling that I've already missed some which sort of sucks ><

haha no problem! The series is supposed to be split into 6 movies (with the second coming out in March of next year) but Crunchyroll split the first movie into episodes of 4, which is quite weird. I was hoping to re-watch the whole series before Tri started but it came out sooner than I thought so I spent most of the movie confused about what was happening xD I've heard bad things about the second series though so I'm hoping I can make it through it before the second movie is released! Did you enjoy the first movie?

Also, it's good to see DW8 arrived for you early! I hope you enjoy it :D

Djose Temple? That should be somewhere between the first third and half of the story and you've made quite a lot of progress in the story, congrats. The PS3 version seems to be your safest bet on getting Final Fantasy X-2 unless the PSN store has a Black Friday deal on the dual package.

I did manage to play the tutorials of Dynasty Warriors 8 today and the differing dual weapons for the characters is pretty neat. I'll give more of my thoughts in the game towards the bottom of my post, but I was surprised to hear Kyle Hebert in the English dub; there's still some odd translation choices and so far there hasn't been any voice acting that has made me grin in its cheesiness. I went to Free Play and Ambition modes to see if Yuanji's available but it looks like I'll have to unlock her.

In regards to Digimon Tri I haven't watched it yet as it looks like I need a subscription for it. I'll check on of my Youtube subscriptions if someone is offering a free trial as it's typically the case each month. Six films?! That's going to take like two years to finish and I'm likely going to forget again when the next film comes out. One of the main problems with the second series, aside from the massive plot holes it kept creating, was the lack of character development. The first series had distinct arcs in which the characters would not only gain powers but would also learn a bit more about themselved by interacting with their Digimon and maybe even another cast member. The second series wastes plenty of time with the new characters interacting with their older counterparts yet not developing and more or less staying the same until the end, with the exception of the female character and I'm not going to spoil as to what was wrong with her ending. Hopefully you'll get some joy out of that second series as I mainly found it dull and shockingly angry at the end.

As for Dynasty Warriors 8 I'm quite liking it so far. I've only played the tutorials so far so I can't really say much about it but boy does the game look gorgeous. With the exception of the Pirate Warriors games it seems that Omega Force makes each of their games beautiful and DW8's realistic aeasthetic works well for it. Using Rage was like playing as God as a simple sneeze could probably kill the mooks in one hit as well. Sun Shangxiang and Sima Zhao are my favorites so far as Shangxiang can do a drill kick and Zhao can ride a person like a surfboard which is stupidly awesome. Thats always been one of the things that I've loved about this series and it's how it's able to give a spectacle and not take itself too seriously. The horse fighting I'm not a fan of so far as it seems that after five attacks the horse gets stunned and I can't do much else with it so far. The problem that I'm facing is that I'll have to juggle this game between Alice: Madness Returns and Killer is Dead, so I'll probably play DW8 every other day until I have those games ready for the Plat Rain event.

• Like 4

Persona 4 is on sale right now, so I might grab that while I wait for freedom wars. Although, I don't think my memory cards can hold both persona and freedom wars  :lol:

I imported a 64GB card a few years back, and I couldnt imagine life without it xD Can't believe that never made its way to North America. 

• Like 1