Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

I just put in another small amount of time with PoP 08. I cleared a couple of areas and did 1 of the 4 sprint trophies. I'm coming to the end of my rope with this game and I'm kind of eager to move on. I feel like I have enough steam to score 1 sprint trophy per night so, 3 nights left until I get the :platinum::)

On another note; it seems odd that 10 people, living for 24 hours each, can only muster up 4 posts combined (and that number also includes the hundreds of people that are watching from the sidelines, but we'll just stick with those involved for now :P ). 4 posts in 240 hours of life leads me to believe that this event isn't exactly drawing the eyeballs in this direction.

I'm sure the numbers would suggest that it's the most successful installment to date so, not sure why I still feel like it's been slack. It could be because there's been so much more new stuff going on in this forum since the second installment. It could also be that I'm just bored and checking for responses more frequently. :lol:

I'll crunch some numbers and see if something needs to be done. Who knows? Maybe this is the best one so far and I just need to check my brain. Maybe this'll be the last one, or maybe we need to add a statistic/prize for viewer participation. I guess only time will tell. :dunno:

I think there are several factors that could be playing a role in this. The number and variety of events have exploded since the last installment of "The Lottery" so maybe it's not as unique anymore to some people, though it's still one of my favorite events. Also, very few people have actually started their game yet. I imagine the discussion will increase once everybody begins playing their game and can talk about their progress and thoughts. Then again, one of the best parts of the last Lottery was forming a team of volunteers to track MutinyTeddie's shipment of Angry Birds Trilogy and ensure it didn't fall off a truck or get stolen/lost by a mail employee.  :lol:

That brings us to the next factor. Most people got great games or at least games they seem to be interested in. That removes a lot of the drama involved with an event like this. Nothing for anybody to really complain about and nothing controversial. Damn you kitty for being such a nice understanding person and not pressing charges against eff for messing up the game assignments. :P On top of all that, it is getting near the holidays and a busy time of the year for a lot of people which could mean a little less time to post and everything.

On a side note, maybe I shouldn't have been such a coward and actually signed up this time around. I recently bought Catherine, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 so I would have had a good chance of getting a game I was already planning on buying.

• Like 3

Goddamit, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is killing me  :jaymon: Those challenges are evil. Straight out of hell. 

Every challenge takes me around 1 to 2 hours :( And I have to do 10 :D 

At least I managed to finish up the first half. Still quite difficult. I'm dying to fast.

Trophycount: 45/51

I imported a 64GB card a few years back, and I couldnt imagine life without it xD Can't believe that never made its way to North America. 

Another way is using a 32 gig and a 16 gig card and switch around :D That's the way I handle my vita space problem.

• Like 2

I have 2 4gb cards and 1 8gb card. One has a bunch of indie games, including Binding of Isaac which I play all the time, the other has HMPDF, which I don't want to delete. I had to delete soul sacrifice and NFS from my 8gb card, but I actually think i can fit both Persona and Freedom Wars on it now.

I imported a 64GB card a few years back, and I couldnt imagine life without it xD Can't believe that never made its way to North America. 

I have a 16GB and currently have 20 games downloaded, with almost 5GB of free space left. While a 64GB would be really nice, it's not really necessary imo :P

I have a 16GB and currently have 20 games downloaded, with almost 5GB of free space left. While a 64GB would be really nice, it's not really necessary imo :P

Actually not really necessary, while there are quite large games out there, most of the games are around 800mb -1,5GB I think I have around 30 games on my 23 gig card right now. And to be serious, I'm normaly just playing one or two games and the rest is just sitting there just for the case :D

Actually not really necessary, while there are quite large games out there, most of the games are around 800mb -1,5GB I think I have around 30 games on my 23 gig card right now. And to be serious, I'm normaly just playing one or two games and the rest is just sitting there just for the case :D

I agree, but im terrible when it comes to sticking with a game and finishing it xD I actually find myself deleting games on the 64gb to make room for more! 

Well, and there I finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. 

It was a fun game. Thank you for choosing it for me :D But what do I play now  :huh:

Btw, this was my plat #50 :D Originally I planned to make Rocksmith my plat #50, but then I thought, who cares. I make the game, some nice person choosed for me, my plat #50 ^^

Congratulations on the :platinum: and the milestone! :yay:

• Like 1

It was a fun game. Thank you for choosing it for me :D But what do I play now  :huh:

Btw, this was my plat #50 :D Originally I planned to make Rocksmith my plat #50, but then I thought, who cares. I make the game, some nice person choosed for me, my plat #50 ^^ 

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Congratulations on reaching 50 platinums - I feel honoured that you decided to make the game I chose for you the 50th plat!

• Like 1

Catherine - Status Update #2

After a shaky start, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this game's puzzles - I finished stage 2 rather easily (only 1 death), and am currently midway through stage 3.

Stage 2 serves as a fine "second tutorial" stage - the game explains many of its mechanics and some basic puzzle solving techniques here rather than in stage 1. I can see things becoming rapidly more difficult from this point, however, given the introduction of booby-trapped blocks in stage 3 - so I'm trying to collect and save up as many coins as possible to spend on bonus items. I like that when you answer questions in the confession booths, the game shows you the proportion of players who gave each answer - I have never played a game with that feature before.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I found the controls unresponsive when hanging from the side of a block - this actually isn't the case - the problem instead is that the controls sometimes invert themselves in this situation; I should have said "unintuitive" rather than "unresponsive".

As for the story, I can't really relate to any of the characters, as I've never been in a romantic relationship, but I'm still enjoying it and wondering how it's all going to pan out.

5% trophy completion (4 of 50 trophies earned)

Besides Catherine, I am slowly but surely making my way through Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm in Act 4; returning to Shadow Moses (where MGS1 was set) has been an awesome experience so far. I've also been dipping into Velocity Ultra (26 of 50 levels complete - but some of those bonus missions look impossible - maybe your ship gets upgrades later?), and Fuel (a very underrated game in my opinion. I've reached the 17th of 19 zones, with 133 of 216 career race stars).

• Like 4

Catherine - Status Update #2

After a shaky start, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this game's puzzles - I finished stage 2 rather easily (only 1 death), and am currently midway through stage 3.

Stage 2 serves as a fine "second tutorial" stage - the game explains many of its mechanics and some basic puzzle solving techniques here rather than in stage 1. I can see things becoming rapidly more difficult from this point, however, given the introduction of booby-trapped blocks in stage 3 - so I'm trying to collect and save up as many coins as possible to spend on bonus items. I like that when you answer questions in the confession booths, the game shows you the proportion of players who gave each answer - I have never played a game with that feature before.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I found the controls unresponsive when hanging from the side of a block - this actually isn't the case - the problem instead is that the controls sometimes invert themselves in this situation; I should have said "unintuitive" rather than "unresponsive".

As for the story, I can't really relate to any of the characters, as I've never been in a romantic relationship, but I'm still enjoying it and wondering how it's all going to pan out.

5% trophy completion (4 of 50 trophies earned)

Besides Catherine, I am slowly but surely making my way through Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm in Act 4; returning to Shadow Moses (where MGS1 was set) has been an awesome experience so far. I've also been dipping into Velocity Ultra (26 of 50 levels complete - but some of those bonus missions look impossible - maybe your ship gets upgrades later?), and Fuel (a very underrated game in my opinion. I've reached the 17th of 19 zones, with 133 of 216 career race stars).

Keep us posted on your progress, having never played the game its interesting to read about your experiences. I've only heard of people loving it so i'll be interested to hear your opinion if you manage to beat it. 

• Like 2

Thanksgiving went pretty well today with good food and I got most of what I wanted from my shopping list. I managed to get Splatoon, AC: Unity, a Hawlucha plushy, a Modern Mario amiibo, a year of PS+, and PS3 copies of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Lego Batman 3, and PvZ: Garden Warfare. To my dismay I couldn't get Aladdin or Inside Out for cheap as they were sold out before I could snag one. I'll check later on the digital stores to see what else might intrigue me. Hopefully everyone has a good Black Friday and people will be able to get what they want safely.

Not much to report gameplay-wise besides that I finished American McGee's Alice and the ending didn't set up a need  for a sequel. Heck, I'm preferring Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland compared to the first game and I don't even like that film all that much. In regards to Dynasty Warriors 8 I'll follow the campaigns as listed and start with Wei's while saving the radical Jin campaign for the last of the initial four.

• Like 1

Congratulations!!! That was incredibly fast. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone, 

Just a quick post to say that I'm not dead  :P .

I was really busy with the job these last few day and didn't have the time to play anything. 

On the flip side, Tearaway has been ordered and my Ps Vita is ready to play it  :)

So I should be way more active in the next few days!

• Like 2

Hey everyone, 

I was really busy with the job these last few day and didn't have the time to play anything. 

On the flip side, Tearaway has been ordered and my Ps Vita is ready to play it  :)

So I should be way more active in the next few days!

Whew alright guys we can call off the Amber Alert. xD 

• Like 3

Hey everyone, 

So I should be way more active in the next few days

Those are good news xD Still alive, yeah.

You will probably be the next person to finish the assigned game ^^ tearaway dosen't have a really long story and the plat is really easy xD But still, it's a great game. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by cybershark91
  • Like 1

So any plans for the weekend guys? I didnt get a chance to download Okami (I cant download it at home because bandwidth limits) so I figured I may aswell finish another game this weekend. Getting close to platinuming Dust: Elysian Tail which I started like a year ago xD then probably continue Destiny grinding until Monday when I can download the game. 

• Like 2

Djose Temple? That should be somewhere between the first third and half of the story and you've made quite a lot of progress in the story, congrats. The PS3 version seems to be your safest bet on getting Final Fantasy X-2 unless the PSN store has a Black Friday deal on the dual package.

I did manage to play the tutorials of Dynasty Warriors 8 today and the differing dual weapons for the characters is pretty neat. I'll give more of my thoughts in the game towards the bottom of my post, but I was surprised to hear Kyle Hebert in the English dub; there's still some odd translation choices and so far there hasn't been any voice acting that has made me grin in its cheesiness. I went to Free Play and Ambition modes to see if Yuanji's available but it looks like I'll have to unlock her.

In regards to Digimon Tri I haven't watched it yet as it looks like I need a subscription for it. I'll check on of my Youtube subscriptions if someone is offering a free trial as it's typically the case each month. Six films?! That's going to take like two years to finish and I'm likely going to forget again when the next film comes out. One of the main problems with the second series, aside from the massive plot holes it kept creating, was the lack of character development. The first series had distinct arcs in which the characters would not only gain powers but would also learn a bit more about themselved by interacting with their Digimon and maybe even another cast member. The second series wastes plenty of time with the new characters interacting with their older counterparts yet not developing and more or less staying the same until the end, with the exception of the female character and I'm not going to spoil as to what was wrong with her ending. Hopefully you'll get some joy out of that second series as I mainly found it dull and shockingly angry at the end.

As for Dynasty Warriors 8 I'm quite liking it so far. I've only played the tutorials so far so I can't really say much about it but boy does the game look gorgeous. With the exception of the Pirate Warriors games it seems that Omega Force makes each of their games beautiful and DW8's realistic aeasthetic works well for it. Using Rage was like playing as God as a simple sneeze could probably kill the mooks in one hit as well. Sun Shangxiang and Sima Zhao are my favorites so far as Shangxiang can do a drill kick and Zhao can ride a person like a surfboard which is stupidly awesome. Thats always been one of the things that I've loved about this series and it's how it's able to give a spectacle and not take itself too seriously. The horse fighting I'm not a fan of so far as it seems that after five attacks the horse gets stunned and I can't do much else with it so far. The problem that I'm facing is that I'll have to juggle this game between Alice: Madness Returns and Killer is Dead, so I'll probably play DW8 every other day until I have those games ready for the Plat Rain event.

Awh that's quite sad haha, It doesn't feel like I'm too far into it - time flies when you're having fun xD. Yeah I've been keeping an eye out for it but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere ><

Yeah the way characters are unlocked is by finding them in Ambition Mode or by having them as a playable option in certain battles in Story mode - it's quite annoying, especially since I think Yuanji doesn't appear for a few battles in Jin, but it was cool trying out different characters that I probably wouldn't have considered before xD yeah I think he voices 4 characters in the game which is awesome, and Sunshang Xiang and Sima Zhao are two of my favourites too! I'm excited to see what you think of the hypothetical objectives/stories and the different characters :D

I can easily see myself forgetting what happens in the other movies by the time the next comes out, especially since it'll be about 2 years for them all to come out, not sure if you prefer watching anime and stuff on CrunchyRoll but you could try sites like kissanime or horriblesubs and see if they have it? And god it's the worst when series do that  :facepalm: Character development is always something I enjoy watching in anime and other things, it's so hard to watch when they basically remain the same way throughout a whole 12/24 ep run. Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I don't get too mad at the end :P

Game update: I think I'm pretty far into FFX's story which is sad since it feels like it's quite short (I say as my playtime is 24 hours xD) , but then again I don't really know how close I am to the end. I'll put where I am in a spoiler because, you know, spoilers :P

As of now, I've defeated Maester Seymour and while running away became stranded near Home. Upon reaching it, and after Tidus discovered the truth about the summoning (which took him a bit too long tbh), Home was destroyed (whomp whooomp). In the airship, they found out Seymour was ''alive'' and kidnapped Yuna, and then the airship was attacked and I'm just before the dragon boss thing.

This game is growing on me a lot. I'm a sucker for actual character development and it's beginning to happen, especially for Wakka. Screw the Wendigo though, which was the cause for my first game over - I was so unprepared for that boss  :facepalm:

So any plans for the weekend guys? I didnt get a chance to download Okami (I cant download it at home because bandwidth limits) so I figured I may aswell finish another game this weekend. Getting close to platinuming Dust: Elysian Tail which I started like a year ago xD then probably continue Destiny grinding until Monday when I can download the game. 

My plan for the weekend was to play it some FFX, but the Symphonia We Play got another checkpoint so I prioritised that (and I can't believe the similarities between FFX and Symphonia, they're so similar!) and I'll spend today watching anime again, but I'll see if I can get closer to completing the story tomorrow. They're super exciting plans, I know :P Have fun with the Destiny! I've heard it isn't the most pleasant of grinds xD also, what's Dust like? I've been thinking about trying it out at some point.

I hope those who celebrate it had an awesome thanksgiving btw!

• Like 2

No real plans this weekend, aside from watching West Wing during the evening visits with my Aunt and Uncle for coffee. Other than that, I've got the Prince of Persia dlc that I might bang out soon. It's about 2 hours long so, even if I choose to play it twice, it should only take one sitting. Then, after I get the 100%, there'll be no excuses left to use in between me and Catlevania: Lords of Shadow. :ninja:

• Like 1

No real plans this weekend, aside from watching West Wing during the evening visits with my Aunt and Uncle for coffee. Other than that, I've got the Prince of Persia dlc that I might bang out soon. It's about 2 hours long so, even if I choose to play it twice, it should only take one sitting. Then, after I get the 100%, there'll be no excuses left to use in between me and Catlevania: Lords of Shadow. :ninja:

Tomb Raider: Underworld :awesome::P

• Like 1